jgoose71

Obama takes Cronnie Capatalism to new levels

What I have trouble with is another lib lieing about what he/she is (moving to the center for an election)

Acceptance of "extremism" pendulum-swings back & forth according to historical trends. For example, Nixon was always very conservative, but not insanely so. In the 1950s, when it benefited him politically to appear rabidly conservative, he appeared so. Then, in 1968, when liberalism was making a very strong comeback as a powerful political force in the US, he softened some of his conservatism to make him appear to be a good deal more middle-of-the-road than he actually was - and that was part of a strategy that finally won him the presidency.

Whatever the climate-of-the-day may be at any given time, centrists will appear to be extremists when it benefits them; and extremists will appear to be centrists when it benefits them. And any political historian worth his salt understand that neither side of the political spectrum does this more than the other over the long run - it just appears that way over the short run.

What I have trouble with is another lib lieing about what he/she is (moving to the center for an election)

Acceptance of "extremism" pendulum-swings back & forth according to historical trends. For example, Nixon was always very conservative, but not insanely so. In the 1950s, when it benefited him politically to appear rabidly conservative, he appeared so. Then, in 1968, when liberalism was making a very strong comeback as a powerful political force in the US, he softened some of his conservatism to make him appear to be a good deal more middle-of-the-road than he actually was - and that was part of a strategy that finally won him the presidency.

Whatever the climate-of-the-day may be at any given time, centrists will appear to be extremists when it benefits them; and extremists will appear to be centrists when it benefits them. And any political historian worth his salt understand that neither side of the political spectrum does this more than the other over the long run - it just appears that way over the short run.

I understand your point but I don’t necessarily agree with a lot of it

A perfect example of a politician not moving form what he was, was Wellstone from MN. The guy was left as left usually gets here in the US. He told everyone what he would do and what he was and then he would vote that way. I agreed with nothing he proposed and stood for but, he got elected. And re-elected. I respected that and him for his honestly.

Everyone here KNOWS Obama is not a centrist. It was stated before he was elected and that has not changed. But he is moving to the center to get re-elected know. Once re-elected (if that happens) he will move HARD left again. Many are fooled by this. It is a lie and it is dishonest. Hard to respect that.

Him or the media that pushes him and does not call him on his history
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Yeah... he should have chosen some Oil Industry executive hack as his VP and other Oil Industry hacks to fill all those other government positions..

Oh sorry wrong guy

Yes, one guy said nothing about lobbyists and hired them.

The other said lobbyists were evil, but hired them.

Which one is the hypocrite?