jgoose71

Obama takes Cronnie Capatalism to new levels

Obama recently names Jeffrey Immelt, CEO of GE who also owns NBC/MSNBC, as his new economic advisor. Unless you have been living under a rock, there is no need to go into what big cheerleaders those news stations have been for Obama.

Also worth mentioning, GE has really been pushing the job killing CO2 cap and trade bill, another liberal holy grail.

To really get a grip on how in bed Immelt is with Obama, you have to read the story atached. So much for cleaning up Washington.

What did he say about lobbyists? I forget.......:S

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/21/133106946/obama-names-ge-ceo-immelt-as-economic-adviser
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Obama recently names Jeffrey Immelt, CEO of GE who also owns NBC/MSNBC, as his new economic advisor. Unless you have been living under a rock, there is no need to go into what big cheerleaders those news stations have been for Obama.

Also worth mentioning, GE has really been pushing the job killing CO2 cap and trade bill, another liberal holy grail.

To really get a grip on how in bed Immelt is with Obama, you have to read the story atached. So much for cleaning up Washington.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/21/133106946/obama-names-ge-ceo-immelt-as-economic-adviser

Yeah... he should have chosen some Oil Industry executive hack as his VP and other Oil Industry hacks to fill all those other government positions..

Oh sorry wrong guy

What's that thing you are always accusing the right of? I just can't think of it...... I think it's called, oh, I don't know, hypocrisy?

I forgot, that word only applies to the right......:$

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

I don't see a reason to complain.

At least Obama chose someone from industry rather than an academic, he already has plenty of those.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

What's that thing you are always accusing the right of? I just can't think of it...... I think it's called, oh, I don't know, hypocrisy?

Readin am fun da mental

What am name of thread ???? and then think about what you put in that post????

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Think deep thoughts before post:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I don't see a reason to complain.

At least Obama chose someone from industry rather than an academic, he already has plenty of those.

Too bad the industry guy he chose is going to drive the economy further into the toilet. Do you really know Immelt's history?

Readin am fun da mental

What am name of thread ???? and then think about what you put in that post????

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Think deep thoughts before post:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I have thought long and hard enough to know that two wrongs don't make a right. What exactly are you trying to say? I guess it makes sense in your mind.....:S

The hypocrisy on the left sometimes knows no bounds.

Too bad the industry guy he chose is going to drive the economy further into the toilet. Do you really know Immelt's history?

GE is a highly successful company with many parts in the energy trade (in particular, turbines for natural gas plants). The financial arm is but a small piece. And their quarterly results were outstanding yesterday.

Who would you choose instead?

Yeah... he should have chosen some Oil Industry executive hack as his VP and other Oil Industry hacks to fill all those other government positions..

Oh sorry wrong guy

So you are saying that this change that was promised and then thrown away is a good thing?

Why didn't he hire a PHD in finance instaed of a media outlet owner?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Oh sorry wrong guy

Oh, sorry, SAME guy, same values, same politics - just different term (and same party just spelled differently (with a D instead of an R))

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Why didn't he hire a PHD in finance instaed of a media outlet owner?

Because then you would have bitched that he only hires egghead elitists with no practical experience.

Actually, logic and reason when used, out weighs stupidity by many orders of magnitude.

look at the people that he has put into office. Look at WHO and WHAT they are. There is no qualification set, or experience on thier resume that is logical in his choices. It is all payback for donations and lobbying.

I equate it to hiring the Mailman to manage distribution for UPS, only as a figurehead, just so he won't visit the wife during the day.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

There is no qualification set, or experience on thier resume that is logical in his choices.

A highly succsessful businessman has no qualifications to be an economic advisor?

He just hired people that knew more than he did. That is the secret to success.

Obama keeps trying - but he has such a low starting point that his success can be overcast by a TV station owner. That's pretty sad considering Obushma is SUPPOSED to be the leader of the free world.:S

I swear to God, if Obama cured cancer tomorrow you would complain that he hasn't done enough about AIDS.

Your bias is showing.

Cap and trade is a conservative creation dating back decades, only demonized by the right since Obama adopted it as policy. Right wing hypocrisy at its best.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Cap and trade is a conservative creation dating back decades, only demonized by the right since Obama adopted it as policy. Right wing hypocrisy at its best.

And back then many democratic leaders referred to it as "morally bankrupt" or even "a license to kill". Oh the hypocrisy.

The decade of the 80's was from 1980 to 1989. 10 years. If you remove 1980 and 1989 you have 1981 to 1988. 8 years.

so the rep's had an idea, thought it out, figured it was a bad idea, and dropped that idea. now the reb's get blasted for that Idea because the other side heavily invested in areas that that bad idea would make millions for them. sounds like typical lefty hypocrosy ro me.

so the rep's had an idea, thought it out, figured it was a bad idea, and dropped that idea.

NO, Reagan blessed it, the GOP implemented it, it was a fine idea with the GOP right up until the time Obama adopted it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>NO, Reagan blessed it, the GOP implemented it, it was a fine idea with the
>GOP right up until the time Obama adopted it.

Yep. After all, the thread is about Obama taking ronnie capitalism to new levels.

I can deal with that

What I have trouble with is another lib lieing about what he/she is (moving to the center for an election)

Nice honesty
High integrity
Great morality

Oh know

Is this another hate post?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln