turtlespeed

Oh - Pleeze! Attacking a dress?

http://thelastword.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/01/20/5886995-right-wing-fashion-police-after-first-lady

Politics is politics - but WTF - Can the right not find anything better to do than criticize something this inconsequential?

Granted - the dress does not become her, and she should have had a better coordinator helping her . . . but because it has no sleeves is a stupid reason to try to muddy her image.:S
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Agreed. But her dress does look like a halloween costume. It would take more than a nice dress to make her look good. She looks like she fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. Just my opinion.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

Now that I think about it a little more, it looks more like some god awful bridesmaids' dress.

To bad Obama wasn't as honest as Abe Lincoln:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdy3orO6tQA

Flattery hardly ever works out, especailly toward a commie.

Perhaps, if she really really wanted to go sleevless - whis is not an issue - she shuld have worn this.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Perhaps, if she really really wanted to go sleevless

Come on Turtle Michelle Obama is almost always going sleeveless. It's part of her style. But I have to say she looks like a Halloween fixture in that picture. The media fashion police are always slamming others so yes she should be slammed for her choice of colors in this picture. But it should be the fashion police who slam her, not her husband's political opponents. Of course since the fashion police are pretty much all elitist Leftists, Michelle Obama will likely get off scott free on this color choice faux pas of hers.

Got to say though, Barack looks like a puppet in that picture. :o

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Yep, that's horrid.
I wonder....does she still make her own fashion decisions? In light of her continued crappy choices I think it would be money well spent to hire a fashion consultant. After all, she does help represent the US when she is in public.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

I agree. Looks like the right-wingers look for every opportunity to play foul on the First Lady.
I'm not that much a fashion freak but to me her dress looks nice.

@Correece: The Chinese president - as all of his "comrades" do - may still pay lip support to "communism" but it's a matter of fact that China is more or less on its way to a capitalist country. Their economy already is, or at least most part of it. They just do away with democracy. So seen, they are not that much different from, say, Pinochet, Baby Doc or Mugabe. Understand me correctly, I do not like their system. In fact, I do not like them treating people like shit, polluting the environment etc. But I think they just hold up those red flags as a disguise for what already happened in Russia under Yeltsin: Former functionaries turning into Manchester capitalists...
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Looks like tribal attire. Probably from Kenya.

Straight from his home tribe....

I can't believe I actually cared enough to look this up yesterday but it was a dress by the late british designer Alexander McQueen known for "his tendency to juxtapose female strength and sensuality with fragility in his collections, as well as the emotional power and raw energy of his provocative fashion shows."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_McQueen

Sorry, it's been a boring weekend...:$
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Looks like tribal attire. Probably from Kenya.

The only thing missing is a bone through her nose.

:D:D:D
Ya got me.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I had an immediate negative reaction to the dress when I saw it a few days ago, but there are so many other meaningful things for which to criticize her, this should not be one of them.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

right-wing fashion police
Look, the only guys allowed to be in the fashion police are those guys that are "fabulous".
And last I knew the GOP wasn't too into the "fabulous" lifestyle....you know the bible thing and the two guys together adopting Chinese kids thing and what not.
So how can they effectively have a fashion police?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

right-wing fashion police
Look, the only guys allowed to be in the fashion police are those guys that are "fabulous".
And last I knew the GOP wasn't too into the "fabulous" lifestyle....you know the bible thing and the two guys together adopting Chinese kids thing and what not.
So how can they effectively have a fashion police?

LARGE closets;)

On this topic, I'm frankly hesitant to accept the fashion sense of any male (including me). Thus far only 1 woman has weighed in on that in particular.

Does that mean that women dress in order to look good for other women, or do they want to appeal to men? :D

I know, the only man that should matter to the first lady is her husband, but still, men should not surrender their 'voting rights' on the issue of what women wear.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am