normiss

Here's an interesting approach to gun rights.

Can you come up with one idea of your own that would make it more difficult for the likes of CHo and Loughner to obtain guns? Yes or no?

Yes.

Get your telepathy machine made so we'll know when someone will snap in the future.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

They are simple and relevant questions just requiring yes/no answers. Your inability to answer them honestly illustrates the poverty of your position.

They're extremely leading questions whose answers you will twist to call pro-2nd people hypocrites or uncaring of civilian deaths.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Please tell us, Marc:

Do you think the current state of the laws that allow disturbed people like Cho and Loughner easily to obtain weapons with which they then massacre a bunch of people is the best that can be accomplished in the USA? Yes or no?

Does it concern you that the USA has the highest rate of gun homicides among first-world countries? Yes or no?

Can you come up with just one idea of your own that would make it more difficult for the likes of CHo and Loughner to obtain guns? Yes or no?

Try not to weasel out of answering, they are easy questions.

So
I answer your questions as best I can
I ask you to answer the same questions and

You go silent and not even respond?

Another bad week for you here in SC?
Seems you are weaseling out of answer easy questions

This the same tacic you use in the class room?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Still can't use the search function? I understand your frustration.

I'm sure you do, since you STILL can't find a post of mine to support your claim that innocent deaths don't matter.

STRAWMAN!

I never claimed you made such a post.

My claim, which is well substantiated, is that you pay only lip service to being concerned about the problem.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Can you come up with one idea of your own that would make it more difficult for the likes of CHo and Loughner to obtain guns? Yes or no?

Yes.

Get your telepathy machine made so we'll know when someone will snap in the future.

QED, thanks for proving my point.

Yes.

Logic isn't your strong point, is it? If the person was so obviously a nutter, your telepathy machine wouldn't be needed.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Yes.

Logic isn't your strong point, is it? If the person was so obviously a nutter, your telepathy machine wouldn't be needed.

Fact is, Mike, you pay lip service to worrying about the victims of people like Cho and Loughner, but have come up with precisely ZERO suggestions for a way to improve things. ZERO. All you do is criticize any suggestions from others that may cause you a little inconvenience.

Yes.

Fact is, Mike, you pay lip service to worrying about the victims of people like Cho and Loughner

Fact is, John, you don't even give a flying fuck about the victims at all. My first post in the Arizona thread was condolences - what was yours?

, but have come up with precisely ZERO suggestions for a way to improve things. ZERO. All you do is criticize any suggestions from others that may cause you a little inconvenience.

You've come up with precisely two things - jack and shit. Find me the numbers of sales to adjudicated mentally defective or committed and we'll talk.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Yes.

Fact is, Mike, you pay lip service to worrying about the victims of people like Cho and Loughner

Fact is, John, you don't even give a flying fuck about the victims at all. My first post in the Arizona thread was condolences - what was yours?

, but have come up with precisely ZERO suggestions for a way to improve things. ZERO. All you do is criticize any suggestions from others that may cause you a little inconvenience.

You've come up with precisely two things - jack and shit. Find me the numbers of sales to adjudicated mentally defective or committed and we'll talk.

Hmm

Think he will answer your question?

Hell, he will not even answer the questions (posed back to him) that he asked of me and I answered

One thing is for sure

HE sure as hell knows what lip service means!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

All you do is criticize any suggestions from others that may cause you a little inconvenience.

don't you hate it when people want to exercise their rights without some inconvenience?

and then you have those motherfuckers down at the ACLU - nothing but troublemakers.

All you do is criticize any suggestions from others that may cause you a little inconvenience.

don't you hate it when people want to exercise their rights without some inconvenience?

Indeed - Cho's victims and Loghner's victims had a right not to be shot.

Being shot dead is very inconvenient.

Not for the dead.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

where in the constitution is that written? Sorry, can't cite the Declaration of Independence.

where in the constitution is that written? Sorry, can't cite the Declaration of Independence.

Doesn't have to be, it's an inalienable human right.

The Constitution doesn't guarantee that nothing bad will happen to you. People can misuse the first amendment in ways that result in you dying as well. But the solution is to punish such actions, not to eliminate the freedom of speech or religion.

Not sure you want to be raising Cho here either, since it was the lack of guns that allowed him to leave after his first attack, and then return for a second one. All those people in the second wave were denied their right to life too.

I've said it many times before - you don't believe in privacy rights. You're free to do so, but the Constitution (and the Court) doesn't support you.

So . . . describe the rights of those that were killed in the Civil War.
You know - the ones that were ordered to be killed by the government.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

>So . . . describe the rights of those that were killed in the Civil War.

Well, if you don't have an inalienable right to life, you certainly don't have an inalienable right to a gun.

Nice deflection, how about an answer to the question posed.

And maybe require all vehicles to have breathalyzer ignitions that won't start if any alcohol is present.

Yes, I'm just being obnoxious.

Hey, maybe this idea wasn't too far-fetched:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110129/ap_on_hi_te/us_sober_cars;_ylt=AhdEmZkJSR6RHmCbdq8fidZH2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTNpbmQ2NWlnBGFzc2V0Ay9zL2FwLzIwMTEwMTI5L2FwX29uX2hpX3RlL3VzX3NvYmVyX2NhcnMEY2NvZGUDZ21wcmFuZG9tcgRjcG9zAzEwBHBvcwMxMARzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA2luZnV0dXJlY2Fycw--

Right - and no one is saying that we need to get rid of guns.

False.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-01-11/news/bs-ed-maryland-gun-control-letter-20110111_1_assault-weapons-bullets-shooting

"We can only hope that now Congress will re-enact this life-saving law."

So you are incorrect.

But drivers today face very stiff penalties if they are caught DWI

And it is illegal to brandish a gun in a fight, it is illegal to shoot someone, it is illegal to even threaten to shoot someone. And all of those carry a penalty higher than drunk driving.

Bartenders can be liable for serving someone who is clearly intoxicated.

And a gun dealer can be sent to jail for selling a gun illegally.

Our legal system can strip someone of their right to drive if they merely refuse a breathalyzer test

And a persons gun rights can be removed for a number of reasons.

And yes, those measures do work; DWI deaths have dropped significantly over the past 30 years as laws have gotten tougher.

Penalties for gun crimes are higher than DWI.