normiss

Here's an interesting approach to gun rights.

And yes, those measures do work; DWI deaths have dropped significantly over the past 30 years as laws have gotten tougher.

And yet the DWI (and other alcohol-related) death rate is still high. .

Don't reject a good solution just because it isn't perfect.

Chemotherapy doesn't cure all cancer patients, but on balance it's preferable to no treatment at all.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Chemotherapy doesn't cure all cancer patients, but on balance it's preferable to no treatment at all.

Right. Because it's better to be miserable in bed for 3 months and then die rather than make good use of your remaining time before you die.

I'd need decent survival probability before subjecting my last days to such a plan.

>No, the guy still had the mental capacity to avoid that outcome.

Agreed - but he said it was a close thing.

Which is an example of having more guns at the scene - even if those people had good "mental capacity" - may have hurt as much as it helped. More guns period is not a panacea; more guns and more training might be.

well, no, it's an example of what could have happened had it not happened the way it did.

And as I flagged in my posting, the cops do kill bystanders, so the fact that a CCW might have, but didn't, hurt one, only means so much.

>Because it's better to be miserable in bed for 3 months and then die rather
>than make good use of your remaining time before you die.

Breast cancer 5 year survival with surgery and chemo: 80%
Brain tumor 5 year survival rate with radiation and chemo: 70%
Leukemia 5 year survival rate with chemo: 72% (all types, average)

Definitely far from perfect - but a good option.

>Because it's better to be miserable in bed for 3 months and then die rather
>than make good use of your remaining time before you die.

Breast cancer 5 year survival with surgery and chemo: 80%
Brain tumor 5 year survival rate with radiation and chemo: 70%
Leukemia 5 year survival rate with chemo: 72% (all types, average)

Definitely far from perfect - but a good option.

I've seen the other end of it. One died within 2 months (melanoma), and thanks to chemo none of it was good. The other lasted over a year (poorly diagnosed stomach cancer), but was constantly either in chemo or recovering from it.

Right. Because it's better to be miserable in bed for 3 months and then die rather than make good use of your remaining time before you die.

My wife survived over 9 years after chemo, all but the last 3 weeks were quality time.

Your comment was both ignorant and stupid.

"Don't reject a good solution just because it isn't perfect. "
:o
Thanks for totally describing the current situation.
So you are starting see our side aren't you!

Your side is "nothing can be done". I totally reject that.

My wife survived over 9 years after chemo, all but the last 3 weeks were quality time.

says a person with clear bias on the subject.

my personal experience, and certainly values, differ.

I've never said that.

Something IS being done.

:S

What is being done?

Oh yes, this will be helpful:

"Last year, Arizona become the third state to make it legal for adults to carry a concealed weapon without getting training and a background check. In 2009, the big change was allowing armed people in bars and restaurants, if they're not drinking alcohol and the establishments haven't posted signs against it."

Oh yes, untrained people without any background check carrying in bars. Really helpful.

I wonder what MORONS thought that was a good idea.

Yes, I truly appreciated the extra time I got to spend with my wife.

Your statement was ignorant and stupid.

I didn't reject anything. I just suggested that more could be done.

More can always be done, if people are just willing to think about it instead of making a knee-jerk rejection of any proposal.

More can always be done, if people are just willing to think about it instead of making a knee-jerk rejection of any proposal.

True. So.... What did you think of my proposals for reducing DWI deaths?

Yes, I truly appreciated the extra time I got to spend with my wife.

Your statement was ignorant and stupid.

whoa - you're really trying to play the poor me role here. It's not becoming. And your singularly experience doesn't make it data, it just makes it your personal opinion, same as mine.

"Last year, Arizona become the third state to make it legal for adults to carry a concealed weapon without getting training and a background check. In 2009, the big change was allowing armed people in bars and restaurants, if they're not drinking alcohol and the establishments haven't posted signs against it."

Oh yes, untrained people without any background check carrying in bars. Really helpful.

So many people people died in bars in 2010 in Arizona?

[crickets]

and yes, they did receive background checks in most cases- the purchase of the gun. If you're worried about someone skirting that by buying from a private owner, just remember that the guy who plans to use his gun in the bar doesn't give a shit about any of these laws.

I've never said that.

Something IS being done.

:S

What is being done?

Your paranoia is showing
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

yes

and there is a price to paid

to many of us that price is too high

and do not go into a life is too high a price bull shit

you know what i mean
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

He could have just as easily built a suicide vest.

No. He couldn't.

It actually takes a modicum of skill to do that. It takes NO skill whatsoever to buy a gun and bullets. It takes no skill to use the gun at close range either. None.

A suicide vest is orders of magnitude harder to construct than simply buying a gun and pulling a trigger.

are you kidding me? I think just about every bored boy scout knows how to blow something up, thats what summer camp was about right? simple things like placing BB's, gun powder and strike on anything match heads in a ping pong ball make a neat little explsoive device, we also found that if you spill your coke in a bucket of chlorine poweder a fire will insue shortly after.. enterprising young scouts found if said in contents are placed in a tightly sealed metal contaier the thing will explode and damage can be very impressive, the list goes on and those where simple 7th grade tricks.
I am guessing the AZ shooter could have come up with something simple and destructive.
www.greenboxphotography.com

How about manning up to the god damn discussions and stop calling and dismissing people with opposing views as "ignorant" and "stupid"?
I'd LIKE to think you're more capable than that.
It's quite disappointing that you repeatedly reduce yourself to childish name calling due to a lack of an intelligent response.
Yet here we are. :|

How about manning up to the god damn discussions and stop calling and dismissing people with opposing views as "ignorant" and "stupid"?
I'd LIKE to think you're more capable than that.
It's quite disappointing that you repeatedly reduce yourself to childish name calling due to a lack of an intelligent response.
Yet here we are. :|

How can you just now be noticing this?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm not.
It gets really old in here to see those few that feel the need to repeatedly insult others as opposed to a true debate/discussion.

But at the least it does spare me from reading a lot of waste not worthy of bung fodder. I DO skip over a lot.

I'm not.
It gets really old in here to see those few that feel the need to repeatedly insult others as opposed to a true debate/discussion.

But at the least it does spare me from reading a lot of waste not worthy of bung fodder. I DO skip over a lot.

Are you going to "man up" and do the same to those who do exactly the same thing to him constantly?