kcogletree

Why we have Martin Luther King, Jr. day...

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit together at the table of brotherhood.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
O-kcsmm-aka-'tree
American Warchild

Yet there are many people today that invoke his words in order to support racism against the whites.

Don't you think the radical Muslims do the same thing?
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

Yet there are many people today that invoke his words in order to support racism against the whites.

We have many so called community leaders that do nothing but shit upon the memory and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King.

He also showed us that even a flawed man is capable of a greater good.

Jesse Jackson... Rev. Al

I think what I respect about him most. Is he was brought up to live a life of leisure. He rejected that. He took on a monumental struggle, knowing it would get him killed. He knew he would be assassinated for it. Taylor Branch wrote a wonderful trilogy covering the civil rights struggle. All told, it's over 3K pages, & well worth the read.

I am still amazed at how many people believe he was nothing but a traitor and guilty of treason......

Great men there are few - but he was definitely one of them

He was a great man, but unfortunately, too many people have perverted his vision for their own self importance...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

He was certainly a great man, something that I realize more and more as I grow older. (And, hopefully, wiser!)
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit together at the table of brotherhood.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/fbi-pipe-bomb-found-spokane-washington-mlk-parade/story?id=12642275

Hmm I wonder if this was the New Black Panther Party's way of celebrating the day..... or could it be........................................ those silly guys just across the border from Spokane in Northern Idaho..