SpeedRacer

When anti-abortion protestors get abortions

I’m not buying it. These stories just don’t ring true with me. “Next morning she was with her mother and several school mates in front of the clinic with the usual anti posters and chants.” I call bullshit. I’m not saying that a pro-lifer hasn’t gotten an abortion, I’m just saying something smells fishy about this.

I’m not buying it. These stories just don’t ring true with me. “Next morning she was with her mother and several school mates in front of the clinic with the usual anti posters and chants.” I call bullshit. I’m not saying that a pro-lifer hasn’t gotten an abortion, I’m just saying something smells fishy about this.

The stories are anecdotes from various doctors from different places. Do you think they are all fake?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

The stories are anecdotes from various doctors from different places. Do you think they are all fake?

No I don’t think they are all fake. Yes I believe there are hypocrites on the issue. Some of those anecdotes are a little hard for me to swallow.

No I don’t think they are all fake. Yes I believe there are hypocrites on the issue. Some of those anecdotes are a little hard for me to swallow.

Would it be tactless of me to make a swallow joke?

Yeah its amazing how things seem to change rapidly when little Suzie gets preggers by that less that desirable father to be and her parents find out.

just shows what a bunch of bigots those right-winged nutjobs are! :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Abortion is one of those topics not worth arguing. No one is right.

I think the only right decision here is the one you make for yourself.

You can be pro-choice and anti-abortion. Personally, I wouldn't have an abortion in any circumstance but one. If having a baby would probably kill me, I'd call an abortion self-defense. Otherwise, no. However, I also believe that the legal rights of the mother trump the legal rights of the child that is physically dependent on the mother. Therefore, while I would probably never have an abortion, I'm not going to tell someone else they can't have one. Not my body, not my decision.

I also believe that the legal rights of the mother trump the legal rights of the child that is physically dependent on the mother.

A child is physically dependant on it's mother even after birth, but that doesn't trump the childs right to life.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I also believe that the legal rights of the mother trump the legal rights of the child that is physically dependent on the mother.

A child is physically dependant on it's mother even after birth, but that doesn't trump the childs right to life.

No, a child is physically dependent on SOMEONE after birth. That could be any other human, not necessarily it's biological mother. That's the difference.

No, a child is physically dependent on SOMEONE after birth. That could be any other human, not necessarily it's biological mother. That's the difference.

But the rights of that person do not trump the childs right to life. Why should the difference matter?

But the rights of that person do not trump the childs right to life. Why should the difference matter?

Because that person has options if they cannot care for the child. Before birth, there are no options.

Because that person has options if they cannot care for the child. Before birth, there are no options.

I certainly respect your position and I don't mean to be difficult, but the mother does have options.

I certainly respect your position and I don't mean to be difficult, but the mother does have options.

It seems that your definition of options means have a baby or have a baby.

After a child is born, it can be handed to someone else to care for. Before, the only person who can care for it is the biological mother. If she can't or won't, that should be up to her. If there comes a time where we can give an unborn child to someone else to care for, or use technology to provide other options, then I would change my opinion. But until then, I'm not saying that it's not a baby, that it's not human, or that it's not alive. Just that as long as it's inside her, her rights trump the child's.

I'm actually a little more reasonable than that.

She can take responsibility for her actions and raise the child or she can give the child away to a family where it will be appreciated and loved - just as it should be.

I understand there are varying circumstances and different reasons for having an abortion but my primary view of abortion has been formed by a dear freind of mine that has had 5 abortions simple because she is irresponsible and does not give a shit about anyone.

>>It seems that your definition of options means have a baby or >>have a baby.

>I'm actually a little more reasonable than that. She can take
> responsibility for her actions and raise the child or she can give the
> child away

So, in other words, the two options you would offer her would be have the baby or have the baby.

> child away

So, in other words, the two options you would offer her would be have the baby or have the baby.

Ya, but that's not how I would explain it to her.

Maybe if more people showed love and support to pregnant women, they wouldn't feel like they'd have to make such a terrible decision that should really be last resort.

I often find the motives for abotion similar in scale to the motives for murder, and it disturbs me greatly...sorry.

>Maybe if more people showed love and support to pregnant women,
> they wouldn't feel like they'd have to make such a terrible decision
> that should really be last resort.

Agreed.

>I often find the motives for abotion similar in scale to the motives
>for murder, and it disturbs me greatly...sorry.

Although I don't know any murderers, I think the motives for abortion are far more often fear and incapacity than malice towards the unborn child.

> child away

Ya, but that's not how I would explain it to her.

Maybe if more people showed love and support to pregnant women, they wouldn't feel like they'd have to make such a terrible decision that should really be last resort.

I often find the motives for abotion similar in scale to the motives for murder, and it disturbs me greatly...sorry.

So basically if some guy can get a female pregnant by any means he can force her to have HIS biological child..

Sounds a tad cavemanish to me but that HAS been the norm thru MOST of human existence... so its traditional and very conservative to force biological slavery on the females...she gets no say in what is done to her body:S:S

Hey as long as YOUR genes go forward to future generations ... its all good right??

I'm actually a little more reasonable than that.

She can take responsibility for her actions and raise the child or she can give the child away to a family where it will be appreciated and loved - just as it should be.

I understand there are varying circumstances and different reasons for having an abortion but my primary view of abortion has been formed by a dear freind of mine that has had 5 abortions simple because she is irresponsible and does not give a shit about anyone.

What Bill said.

And first off, you're making the assumption that it was her actions that got her into the situation. Sure, that's the case for most, but certainly not all. In addition, there are some abortions performed on women who very much want their children, but their health will not allow them to safely have a baby, or the fetus is simply not viable (anencephaly or the like).

Frankly, your friend is an idiot.