skyrider

Hells Angels' May Help Block Westboro Protest!

Christina Green was murdered on Saturday. Despicably, the members of the Westboro Baptist Church plan to protest her funeral.
​Members of the controversial Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas, announced today that they plan to protest the funeral of a 9-year-old girl murdered during Saturday's shooting rampage in Tucson.

(UPDATE: Click here for response from Westboro Baptist Church and here for statement from the family of Jared Loughner.)

In a press release, the group -- made infamous for holding protest rallies at other funerals, including that of Elizabeth Edwards, cancer victim and wife of former presidential candidate John Edwards -- says 9-year-old Christina Green "was killed for your rebellion when God sent the shooter to deal with idolatrous America."

We'll spare you the rest of the group's despicable rant, but anyone interested can read it at www.godhatesfags.com.

Christina was among six murdered in the attack at a Safeway grocery store Saturday morning, where Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was holding a "Congress on Your Corner" event about 10 a.m. Saturday.

Recently elected to her school's student council, she had gone with a family friend to meet her congresswoman when Jared Loughner allegedly opened fire on the crowd, killing six and wounding several others -- including Giffords.

The young girl was born on September 11, 2001, which, her parents say, made her very patriotic for a kid.

When the WBC's held similar events in the past, the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club has rallied and peacefully prevented the group from getting close to funeral processions.

Christina's funeral is scheduled for 12:15 p.m. on Thursday at the Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish in Tucson. We called Lee Cole, president of the Hells Angels' Phoenix chapter, to see if he plans to assemble his troops to keep the WBC away from the funeral. He didn't immediately get back to us, but check back to Valley Fever later for an update.

more at link: http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/01/westboro_bapstis_church_to_pro.php

but the intimidation factor of the H.A's

This is exactly what this whole thing needs. Intimidation, fear, and escalation.

“We called Lee Cole, president of the Hells Angels' Phoenix chapter, to see if he plans to assemble his troops to keep the WBC away from the funeral. He didn't immediately get back to us”

Talk about a sensational BS headline. The article really has nothing to do with the Hells Angles. They are not reporting that the Hells Angles are considering it, just that they have shown up for some protests in the past. Of course being able to put “Hells Angles” in the headline is an attention grabber.

This is exactly what this whole thing needs. Intimidation, fear, and escalation.

“We called Lee Cole, president of the Hells Angels' Phoenix chapter, to see if he plans to assemble his troops to keep the WBC away from the funeral. He didn't immediately get back to us”

Talk about a sensational BS headline. The article really has nothing to do with the Hells Angles. They are not reporting that the Hells Angles are considering it, just that they have shown up for some protests in the past. Of course being able to put “Hells Angles” in the headline is an attention grabber.

Guess who's attention they want to grab?

Westboro!

I know the HA have a rule against EVER talking to media, so they would have never answered the question anyway!;)

LOL, nice spin...we are talking about Westboro, Not "this whole thing"!

You see it as spin. I see it as garbage in my town.
Remster

Isnt it rather ironic that these guys who back in the days used to be literal hellions who would possibly rather run you over than help you out...are now on the side of good. Dont get me wrong...I'm not complaining, and I'd welcome their presence in a heartbeat...its just kinda kewl how as you get older life gets more precious...even for rugged dudes like these.

Seems "as a group" the PGR has stood down, BUt many members will be there anyway!

Arizona residents are locking arms to stop the Westboro Baptist Church from disrupting the funerals for victims of Saturday's shooting in Tucson, with bikers and others organizing a massive counter-protest and state lawmakers fast-tracking a bill to hamstring the group.

The Kansas-based Westboro church is notorious for showing up at the funerals of dead soldiers and other high-profile gatherings wielding anti-gay signs.

But when the church announced it would picket the funeral Thursday for the 9-year-old girl fatally shot over the weekend at a Tucson grocery store by a gunman who allegedly killed five others and injured 14 others attending a town-hall session by Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, Tucson- and Phoenix-area residents started organizing immediately.

They may not be able to stop them, but they plan on giving the grieving family as much of a buffer as possible between the protesters and the service.

"It makes me sick to my stomach," said Glen Littell, who's bringing a pack of bikers from the Phoenix Motorcycle Rider Group to Tucson on Thursday. "They're a stench from a slaughterhouse. We're just going to block the stench so the family can catch their breath."

YOU MIGHT ALSO BE
INTERESTED IN
nba unlikely to take contraction plunge Verizon Wireless Finally Lands Apple's iPhone Friends, Critics Dispute Arizona Sheriff's Remarks on 'Political Rhetoric' in Wake of Rampage 'Golden Voiced' Internet Sensation Briefly Held by Los Angeles Police Obama Faces Tucson Test; Limbaugh Blamed, Again; Congress Mulls Schedule Arizona state lawmakers approved emergency legislation that would order protesters to stay 300 feet away from the funeral. The bill passed unanimously in the House and the Senate and Gov. Jan Brewer signed the bill into law Tuesday night.

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, the lead sponsor on the bill, said in an e-mail to colleagues before the bill was passed that the plan was to protect the victims' families from the "hateful protest" from the Westboro Baptist Church.

She said she has the support of the Senate president and Gov. Jan Brewer, and the bill will go into effect "immediately" once it's signed.

"It's gonna happen," Sinema said. The senator said she was "real upset" after learning that the Westboro church planned on protesting but had a visceral reaction after reading their press release and sprung into action.

"It is the most disgusting thing I ever read in my entire life," she told FoxNews.com. "I literally threw up after I read it. … I'm like, 'I'm gonna fix this.'"

Littell said his riders are not looking for any violent confrontations. But he told FoxNews.com that Arizona bikers are going to do "whatever we have to do" to cordon off the family from the protests. A group called the Patriot Guard Riders often does this when the Westboro church pickets military funerals, but Littell said that group is not traveling to Tucson, so "we're stepping in."

"Our sole purpose will be to allow that family some dignity and respect … without having to worry about the a--holes," he said.

It's not clear whether the Westboro church intends to picket the funerals of all the victims of Saturday's attack. One press release from the group declared, "Thank God for the shooter," and said the group would picket the "funerals." Another release announced plans only for the protest on Thursday.

"God sent the shooter to deal with idolatrous America," the group said in a statement.

The Westboro church, led by Fred Phelps, believes that tragic events like the deaths of soldiers are punishment for tolerance of homosexuality.

The Supreme Court last fall heard arguments in a case brought against Phelps by the father of a soldier killed in Iraq whose funeral was protested by the group in 2006. The father, Albert Snyder, had won a multimillion-dollar verdict against the church, claiming invasion of privacy and intentional infliction of emotional distress. The court is expected to issue a ruling soon on whether free speech can be curbed at specific locations and events.

Sinema said the bill she was introducing is modeled on an Ohio law that has withstood court challenge. It would technically apply to protesters at any Arizona funeral, though Sinema was clear that it's directed at Westboro.

She said she hopes the protesters and counter-protesters avoid any violence at the service. Meanwhile, several grassroots groups have popped up on Facebook calling on Tucson residents to intervene.

"We will create a wall of humanity to allow the families who've lost their love ones to hold their funerals in peace, held with dignity, and surrounded in love," one of the Facebook groups says in a statement.

Another calls for a "peaceful protest" of the church at the funeral Thursday for 9-year-old Christina Green.

Littell has notified the Pima County Sheriff's Department and has reached out to several other biker groups notifying them of their planned presence at Green's funeral. He crossed his fingers that the Hells Angels would join them.

"Nothing says stand back and be silent like a Hells Angels presence," he said.

Littell added that if the church moves on to picket other funerals, his riders will follow.

"We're getting word there's gonna be a pretty large presence of bikers," he said. "Word's spreading. And spreading quickly."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/11/arizonans-rally-prevent-westboro-church-disruption-shooting-victims-funerals/

Yes

The left and its media needs to stop it now!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Yes

This is not a "left vs. right" thing. This is WRONG thing. Everyone needs to be part of stopping it.

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." Eldrige Clever
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Vizions of Altamont.

Chuck

Yep...they saved Mick Jaggers life!

Maybe. I'll bet Marty Balin could have done without them.

LOL, yeah right...the gun was drawn, The Hells Angel (prospect BTW) put an end to it, before he could fire, But you hang on them sugar plum dreams if they make you feeel better, a court of law agreed with me!

Yes

This is not a "left vs. right" thing. This is WRONG thing. Everyone needs to be part of stopping it.

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." Eldrige Clever

Hmm
so tell me
which side is using the AZ shooting to make political points claiming hate speech and incitement by the other?

I agree with your quote. but before postitive actions can be taken, the root problem MUST be identified
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Vizions of Altamont.

Chuck

LOL, yeah right...the gun was drawn, The Hells Angel (prospect BTW) put an end to it, before he could fire, But you hang on them sugar plum dreams if they make you feeel better, a court of law agreed with me!

You keep holding on to your lack of comprehension okay. Your reply has nothing to do with what I said. What does “sugar plum dreams” have to do with anything?

Vizions of Altamont.

Chuck

You keep holding on to your lack of comprehension okay. Your reply has nothing to do with what I said. What does “sugar plum dreams” have to do with anything?

My bad, mis read what the fuck you meant...I had no clue who Marty Balin is/was/will be...:$

Vizions of Altamont.

Chuck

My bad, mis read what the fuck you meant...I had no clue who Marty Balin is/was/will be...:$

And now you hurt Marty Balins feelings. When will it end?
;)

LOL, nice spin...we are talking about Westboro, Not "this whole thing"!

well, he's right, i think.. imagine you are the parent and firstly have to pass a row of H.A's to get to your childs grave.. :|

doesnt take away the fact that those westboro-guys are a bunch of sickening assholes..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I had to look it up!:$
I have been around members a large part of my life, They are fucking dangerous people, anyone that makes the mistake of not realising that, will likely end up "Knocked the fuck out" (like Balin)

That sticker on my bike,(posted earlier) is given only in honor from a patch holder, for being an outsider, that understands their way of life, you can't buy them!

They are not for everyone, but they do have their ways of getting things done, without wasting time with politics!:ph34r::D