turtlespeed

HC vs HI

I do. But I work in the industry, at a company that provides both health care and health insurance. I'm kind of supposed to know the difference. :P

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I do. But I work in the industry, at a company that provides both health care and health insurance. I'm kind of supposed to know the difference. :P

Then maybe you could explain the difference in a better way than I can.

Other than the question - "Do you use your car insurance on a daily basis? or Do you use your Home insurance on a weekly basis?"

It seems that the translations are lost on the masses.
I also think that the Government likes it that way. They like the confusion between insurance for a major incident and mantainence.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Belgian_draft summed it up quite succinctly: "Health insurance helps cover the cost of health care.":P

They like the confusion between insurance for a major incident and mantainence.

Both are flavors of health insurance. Just as you can choose to buy auto insurance with only liability coverage (so you're covered for the "big expense" but you'd pay for the fender bender out of your own pocket), you can buy health insurance that covers only the big incidents, or you can buy health insurance that covers a broader range of health care services.

Just as my auto insurance company has offered free chip repairs on windshields in hopes of preventing a later (and much more costly) windshield replacement claim, some health insurance plans will cover more of the day-to-day health care expenses in hopes of preventing a larger claim later (for example, paying for inhalers and doctors' visits for an asthmatic in hopes of preventing a costly ER visit / hospital admission).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Belgian_draft summed it up quite succinctly: "Health insurance helps cover the cost of health care.":P

Both are flavors of health insurance. Just as you can choose to buy auto insurance with only liability coverage (so you're covered for the "big expense" but you'd pay for the fender bender out of your own pocket), you can buy health insurance that covers only the big incidents, or you can buy health insurance that covers a broader range of health care services.

Just as my auto insurance company has offered free chip repairs on windshields in hopes of preventing a later (and much more costly) windshield replacement claim, some health insurance plans will cover more of the day-to-day health care expenses in hopes of preventing a larger claim later (for example, paying for inhalers and doctors' visits for an asthmatic in hopes of preventing a costly ER visit / hospital admission).

And so which side of the HC actually HI reform, are you standing on?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

So you had an ulterior motive when making the thread? Say it aint so!!!!!
Remster

What the Obama administration, Congress, and the press have alternately called "health care reform" and "health insurance reform" is, substantially, "health insurance reform."

Does anyone here actually now the difference between Health CARE and Health INSURANCE?

More importantly, I don't think people understand the difference between health care and health. More health care is not necessarily going to make us healthier.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

What the Obama administration, Congress, and the press have alternately called "health care reform" and "health insurance reform" is, substantially, "health insurance reform."

Which is substantially my point - but Hearing it from people like you, it is less attackable that hearing that same phrase from me.

if there was an alterior motive - we have acomplished it.

Does anyone here actually now the difference between Health CARE and Health INSURANCE?

does anyone know the difference between "now" and "know," besides a K?

Sorry for the lame dig, but I'm bored of threads with hidden agendas. Just spit it out already.

does anyone know the difference between "now" and "know," besides a K?

Sorry for the lame dig, but I'm bored of threads with hidden agendas. Just spit it out already.

Read the entire thread elpdiver. It becomes obvious.