turtlespeed

Home made weapon "How To" belongs in Speakers Corner, right?

Damn, kids today are so lazy! Didn't we all figure this out on our own in junior high? :D:D

LOL, in grade school we were making darts out of straight pens and ciggy butts...I got booted out of school for missing my target that was sitting in the front row, and hitting the teacher instead.:o:$..(one day) now they'd kick you out forever! (kind of like around here)

Aw, this is such bullshit. When I was a little asshole in the 6th grade, I could use the barrel of a BIC pen to shoot a spitball clear across the room with plenty of velocity left over to make the little piece of hocker-saturated tissue go SPLAT against the wall. It would stay there for the rest of the year, too. And I was an expert marksman.

Hey! While we're on the topic, anyone ever make a "stinger" out of a bobby pin? I was an expert at that, too. The really good ones hurt like a sonofoabitch, and raised a dandy welt. (Especially if you removed the plastic coating from the tip of the business end!)

Aw, this is such bullshit. When I was a little asshole in the 6th grade, I could use the barrel of a BIC pen to shoot a spitball clear across the room with plenty of velocity left over to make the little piece of hocker-saturated tissue go SPLAT against the wall. It would stay there for the rest of the year, too. And I was an expert marksman.

Hey! While we're on the topic, anyone ever make a "stinger" out of a bobby pin? I was an expert at that, too. The really good ones hurt like a sonofoabitch, and raised a dandy welt. (Especially if you removed the plastic coating from the tip of the business end!)

I could stick them to the tack board from the back of the class. That was a 2" wide strip above the chalk board. Stuck one IN the chalk board once. Loud noises make for teacher awareness.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Wuss.
My brother and I did steel wasps.
It started with doubled over paperclips in a V with a rubber band. Similar to a "stinger".

We then progressed to launching cut up 1 inch pieces of coathanger wire bent into a V or a U and small slingshots made of coathanger you could hide in a sleeve. Those were NASTY.

Eventually this evolved into mass-manufacturing ammo with a vise, a pair of pliers and a box of 1.5 inch finish nails launched from elaborate multistage slingshots using heavy post-office type rubber bands.

Not only would these things either lodge in or blow right through the acoustic tile ceilings in the school cafeteria, they were awesome for fucking with faculty at extreme sniper range from across the gym. These suckers would bury themselves in the wooden bleachers from a distance with a loud bang.

At home in development tests we discovered at close range it would punch holes through the ceiling fan blades and go through one or two thin pressboard tray tables, 3 empty milk jugs and 4 boxes of cereal.

As a kid I experimented with a great variety of high velocity or high energy phenomena. As a result, there were a lot of strangely shaped holes in things all over the house.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

I could stick them to the tack board from the back of the class. That was a 2" wide strip above the chalk board. Stuck one IN the chalk board once. Loud noises make for teacher awareness.[:/]

That is where we used the filter from a ciggy butt! put the straight pin in it rap it with thread or a rubber band, & McD's straws are the best....B|