funjumper101

New SOTH is a weepy piece of shit

Were she a man who was like that, he wouldn't be called evil, just hard-assed and shrill. That said, I wish she hadn't been the majority leader, and I wish she weren't the minority leader. She's an ineffective tool because of her attitude.

As far as Boehner crying? WTF does it matter, unless it impacts his effectiveness, and it doesn't look like it does.

But, in the "legislative drama" department, the House, just to prove that it's in Republican hands now, is going to pass a bill that has NO chance whatsoever of passing the Senate. No fucking purpose to that other than theater -- why not begin hammering out legislation that actually has a chance of passing and impacting the debt?

Wendy P.

I dont agree
It has a chance and they have a chance of overriding a veto

Time will tell
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Were she a man who was like that, he wouldn't be called evil, just hard-assed and shrill. That said, I wish she hadn't been the majority leader, and I wish she weren't the minority leader. She's an ineffective tool because of her attitude.

As far as Boehner crying? WTF does it matter, unless it impacts his effectiveness, and it doesn't look like it does.

But, in the "legislative drama" department, the House, just to prove that it's in Republican hands now, is going to pass a bill that has NO chance whatsoever of passing the Senate. No fucking purpose to that other than theater -- why not begin hammering out legislation that actually has a chance of passing and impacting the debt?

Wendy P.

I dont agree

Time will tell

hopefully after this impotent gesture, I think they have to try this and fail, then they can start chipping at it with some success. But maybe we'll get lucky and it will pass anyway. but it's not veto proof even if the senate does wake up.

and the whole reading the entire constitution thing (also grandstanding to the public and being snotty to the Dems in the house - hopefully that evens the score then)

then they can go try to find ways to cut spending for real. But I doubt it, the Dems were snotty the whole time and I don't expect the Reps to be any better for the next two years either - they'll blow this opportunity like they all do

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Wendy P.

I dont agree

Time will tell

hopefully after this impotent gesture, I think they have to try this and fail, then they can start chipping at it with some success. But maybe we'll get lucky and it will pass anyway. but it's not veto proof even if the senate does wake up.

and the whole reading the entire constitution thing (also grandstanding to the public and being snotty to the Dems in the house - hopefully that evens the score then)

then they can go try to find ways to cut spending for real. But I doubt it, the Dems were snotty the whole time and I don't expect the Reps to be any better for the next two years either - they'll blow this opportunity like they all do

Grandstanding?

Like Pelosi and all the children around her when she got the leadership role?

GMAB[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

Grandstanding?

absolutely - they aren't that different when in power. However, having only the house and not the senate, hopefully that mitigates the GOP attitude enough to at least try to do something for the people rather than for themselves - time will tell, won't it?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Grandstanding?

absolutely - they aren't that different when in power. However, having only the house and not the senate, hopefully that mitigates the GOP attitude enough to at least try to do something for the people rather than for themselves - time will tell, won't it?

They just took an oath to uphold the Constitution
Bought time they know what is in it before they write law regarding it

Dont you think?
Abraham Lincoln

Dont you think?

sure,

but I think the House reading the constitution is just publicity to give the image that they are reminding the dems - the inference being the dems didn't follow the constitution - a legitimate position, but a snotty way to do it - grade school teachers do this kind of thing to 2nd graders - public humiliation by throwing the obvious at them

Hopefully everyone actually listens anyway.

Edit: However, it's a bit more constructive than just telling them to 'sit at the back of the bus'.

Dont you think?

sure,

but I think the House reading the constitution is just publicity to give the image that they are reminding the dems - the inference being the dems didn't follow the constitution - a legitimate position, but a snotty way to do it - grade school teachers do this kind of thing to 2nd graders - public humiliation by throwing the obvious at them

Hopefully everyone actually listens anyway.

Edit: However, it's a bit more constructive than just telling them to 'sit at the back of the bus'.

the Dems?

Maybe
I think it is a good reminder for both parties

but as you imply

Reading it cant hurt
Abraham Lincoln

The guy fought long and hard for what he acheived. Would you berate an athlete at the olympics when he wins the gold and sheds a few tears? He

How long and hard did *he* fight to get the party a majority? I barely heard his name prior to November. Did he really win it, or did Pelosi and Obama lose it, just as Bush lost it in 2008?

Besides all that, he already had been SOTH before, so it's not like it was the culmination of a life dream. Rather, it's a comeback.

can't believe i'm defending my former esteemed congressman, but John Boehner has been in the house for a long time, and was voted leader of the republican caucus long before he was minority leader. he does have a history of leadership among his peers.

However, he IS still the epitome of the "slimy politician"l. seriously. from someone who would never vote for him, no matter what he did for me when i was in college.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Lots of other reasons to be pissed of at the right.

SO the dude gets emotional and cries...I know a lot of people that cry when they are happy or sad or very passionate about something. Not a sign of weakness. He is a human.

LOL

That may be the quality that the politicians have been missing all along.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun