turtlespeed

Ok - so Gays in the miltary are ok, right?

Another inside view.. I served 8 years with 3 separate deployments.

When I first went in during normal field exercises, since our team was only about 10-12 ppl, it was just more reasonable to set up one tent for the whole team; guys and gals alike. We even had one guy that liked to sleep nude. Nobody took offense or tried to jump his bones and we had some VERY straight girls in our squad and he was a good looking guy guy..a little dim witted, but still pretty built.

in regards to deployments; on each deployment I went on there were several gay males and females that shared tents with same sex gender and there wasn't any issues. However, on one deployment to Bosnia we definately had the red light district going on with one female that had a revolving cot of males that came in dropped cash and hopped out....very annoying and gross to listen to while you are trying to sleep.
Basically, there has always been gays in the military and there will there be an incident or two that will be blown out of proportion by the media, but in every segmented group there are things that happen, but it doesnt mean the whole group acts a certain way. Its like saying this guy is color blind; therefore, all guys are color blind.

If you can't control your hormones, this is not a hetero or homosexual thing; its a maturity thing. And to reiterate the shower deal, most military showers are not the best in the world to be in ..they are quite rugged , just enough to get clean. Its definately not a place I would want to hang out in or feel someone up in. Wasnt this same discussion our country had when we started intermingling blacks in all white units? have we not learned from our own history?

My experience on deployments is that "relations" happen most often in the wood bunkers; I cant count how many condoms that straight ppl left about in those things...another thing that was not fun to deal with when clean up detail occured.

When coming home from a long deployment and everyone is getting hugs from their hetero partners and families it really hurts when a homosexual person has to have a handshake in fear of getting found out by the wrong person.

As I stated in my earlier post a lot of soldiers know who's gay and who's straight and as long at the COC is cool with you then normally you dont have any issues, but if they dont like you the DADT policy actually encourages discrimination.

This is a good thing for the military to strengthen it; if you segregate any group then a group cannot become a team. If everyone is an individual then the team cannot be successful in the joint mission of protecting our country!
THRIVING IN MY DASH!!

When I first went in during normal field exercises, since our team was only about 10-12 ppl, it was just more reasonable to set up one tent for the whole team; guys and gals alike. We even had one guy that liked to sleep nude. Nobody took offense or tried to jump his bones and we had some VERY straight girls in our squad and he was a good looking guy guy..a little dim witted, but still pretty built.
in regards to deployments; on each deployment I went on there were several gay males and females that shared tents with same sex gender and there wasn't any issues. However, on one deployment to Bosnia we definately had the red light district going on with one female that had a revolving cot of males that came in dropped cash and hopped out....very annoying and gross to listen to while you are trying to sleep.
Basically, there has always been gays in the military and there will there be an incident or two that will be blown out of proportion by the media, but in every segmented group there are things that happen, but it doesnt mean the whole group acts a certain way. Its like saying this guy is color blind; therefore, all guys are color blind.
If you can't control your hormones, this is not a hetero or homosexual thing; its a maturity thing. And to reiterate the shower deal, most military showers are not the best in the world to be in ..they are quite rugged , just enough to get clean. Its definately not a place I would want to hang out in or feel someone up in. Wasnt this same discussion our country had when we started intermingling blacks in all white units? have we not learned from our own history?
My experience on deployments is that "relations" happen most often in the wood bunkers; I cant count how many condoms that straight ppl left about in those things...another thing that was not fun to deal with when clean up detail occured.
When coming home from a long deployment and everyone is getting hugs from their hetero partners and families it really hurts when a homosexual person has to have a handshake in fear of getting found out by the wrong person.
As I stated in my earlier post a lot of soldiers know who's gay and who's straight and as long at the COC is cool with you then normally you dont have any issues, but if they dont like you the DADT policy actually encourages discrimination.
This is a good thing for the military to strengthen it; if you segregate any group then a group cannot become a team. If everyone is an individual then the team cannot be successful in the joint mission of protecting our country!

Paragraph breaks are yrou friend, that is so jumbled on most screens , it is too hard to read!

figures.
You bitch about others using the spelling argument, and then you use paragraph breaks? LOL.

guppykf ftw

FAIL

guppykf

Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

Paragraph breaks are yrou friend, that is so jumbled on most screens , it is too hard to read!

How about now Skyrider?

What does ftw mean?

There's other meanings, but in this case, it's "for the win", which goes back to the "The Hollywood Squares" game show:

"The Hollywood Squares is an American television comedy and game show in which two contestants play tic-tac-toe to win cash and prizes. The "board" for the game is a 3 × 3 vertical stack of open-faced cubes, each occupied by a celebrity (or "star") seated at a desk and facing the contestants. The stars are asked questions and the contestants judge the veracity of their answers in order to win the game."

A common phrase by a contestant would be "I'll take 'so-and-so' for the win" when trying to complete the tic-tac-toe.

Who failed?

That would be petejones. ;)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

What does ftw mean?

There's other meanings, but in this case, it's "for the win", which goes back to the "The Hollywood Squares" game show:

"The Hollywood Squares is an American television comedy and game show in which two contestants play tic-tac-toe to win cash and prizes. The "board" for the game is a 3 × 3 vertical stack of open-faced cubes, each occupied by a celebrity (or "star") seated at a desk and facing the contestants. The stars are asked questions and the contestants judge the veracity of their answers in order to win the game."

A common phrase by a contestant would be "I'll take 'so-and-so' for the win" when trying to complete the tic-tac-toe.

Who failed?

haha so you lost all your arguments and had to resort to talking about hollywood squares haha
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

What does ftw mean?

Who failed?

haha so you lost all your arguments and had to resort to talking about hollywood squares haha

hahaha - less important yet -

I always look at your avatar and it arrives in my brain like Pe - Te- Ho-nes .. . said with a latin accent.:ph34r::ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I don't think you understood my post. I'm saying 95% of my friends are straight guys. The other 5%, girls and a few gay friends. I'm not attracted to 100% of my straight friends.

not a single one? I find that hard to believe.

A lot of things are hard to believe. Since you don't know me I imagine that is hard to believe, but very true.

>not a single one? I find that hard to believe.

I think a lot of people are having trouble believing things in this thread. Fortunately we have some people here with actual direct experience with the subject matter; they are worth listening to IMO.

>not a single one? I find that hard to believe.

I think a lot of people are having trouble believing things in this thread. Fortunately we have some people here with actual direct experience with the subject matter; they are worth listening to IMO.

Well, I'm not gay and I still have to say there are attractive men out there. So unless his friends are all trolls, it sounds improbable that he doesn't find a single one attractive.

I don't think you understood my post. I'm saying 95% of my friends are straight guys. The other 5%, girls and a few gay friends. I'm not attracted to 100% of my straight friends.

not a single one? I find that hard to believe.

A lot of things are hard to believe. Since you don't know me I imagine that is hard to believe, but very true.

I’ll tell you what I believe, I believe you gotta find some better lookin friends Johnny.:D

I’ll tell you what I believe, I believe you gotta find some better lookin friends Johnny.
:D

I have a lot of male friends that I think are handsome or attractive by social standards.... but I am not attracted to them, turned on by them, etc. Same goes for many female friends....

Owned by Remi #?

I have a lot of male friends that I think are handsome or attractive by social standards.... but I am not attracted to them, turned on by them, etc. Same goes for many female friends....

The question is not about finding some friends not attractive - it's about finding all of them not attractive.

The question is not about finding some friends not attractive - it's about finding all of them not attractive.

He said he wasn't attracted to them, not that he didn't find them attractive.

"I'm not attracted to 100% of my straight friends."

A small difference, but an important one.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

At least not when you are in an intimate setting. Like a dressing room or a shower - or self defence and hand to hand - or in theior case - hand to crotch defense training.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I get the impression that some of you guys couldn't handle being at a nude beach. I mean, hell, would you get a raging hard on and try to rape some fine chica? WTF?

No .. . not a chance -

But I guarantee that i have a preference to what i want to see walk by
:|

>But I guarantee that i have a preference to what i want to see walk by

That's fine - as long as you're not "openly heterosexual."

So please never mention you like boobies, that you are married, or dating some girl, that you'd like to have that person be there at any official or social event where anyone you work with may see you.
Remster