Belgian_Draft

A future Darwin Award candidate

Hey genius....I said FUTURE candidate, ok? Can you figure that out or do we have to bring in your 1st grade teacher? I know what the Darwin Awards are ut it is obvious you haven't a clue as to what the meaning of the word "future" is.
As to the rest of your reply....Really?? You are going to base an argument based on a whole set of what-if situations?
Ladies and gentlemen, we have another future candidate!:D

And that, everyone, was the sound of a 777 flying 10 feet over his head.

Uh, yeah...right. You can only make an argument using hypothetical situations and then insinuate I haven't a clue.
Barney Fife never looked so smart. :S
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

You think there's a problem with planning for and trying to detect the next time someone does the same damn thing?????
:S

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

BTW, the OP has still made no case how a peaceful protester is some how suicidal!

Are all lovers of "freedoms that we used to have", Suicidal?

I never said he was suicidal. Maybe you need to pay attention when you read. I refer to him as a FUTURE Darwin Award candidate. That is because he showed his complete lack of intelligence by thinking his 4th. amm. rights were somehow being violated.

here is some good news for you. As soon as you have had enough of the security measures at airports you can draw the line by...now hang on to your hat...not flying! ;)
HAMMER:

I would just rather have air travel not be restricted by unnecessary and overly intrusive acts serving no other purpose than to justify peoples government jobs.

I would hardly think that's an unreasonable stance.

Then charter a private plane. Problem solved. :)

If the government stopped stealing my money to pay for crap like the TSA I might.

Hey genius....I said FUTURE candidate, ok? Can you figure that out or do we have to bring in your 1st grade teacher? I know what the Darwin Awards are ut it is obvious you haven't a clue as to what the meaning of the word "future" is.
As to the rest of your reply....Really?? You are going to base an argument based on a whole set of what-if situations?
Ladies and gentlemen, we have another future candidate!:D

And that, everyone, was the sound of a 777 flying 10 feet over his head.

Uh, yeah...right. You can only make an argument using hypothetical situations and then insinuate I haven't a clue.
Barney Fife never looked so smart. :S

I don't recall a single hypothetical being provided.

It's is established fact that:

1) guns aren't being detected
2) driving is not a right
3) the new scanners wouldn't have detected the underwear bomber
4) the 4th amendment does exist

You still can't decide if this is a private or public contract.

Shit, it's like shooting fish in a barrel here. Yet you're deluding yourself to think you know better.

From your own post...

Neither is chartering a plane, since nothing prevents the rules from being changed to cover them (as well as skydiving ops).

Classic case of using a hypothetical situation in an argument.
Your right...it is like shooting fish in a barrel.
BANG!!:)
While we're at it, let's address some other points you attempted to make.

Driving isn't a right either, so your suggested alternative isn't really present.

Nope, driving isn't a right...but last i checked you could drive anywhere you wanted in the USA and not have to be searched to do so. So, yes, it is a viable alternative. People do it every day.

And if you want to argue this act of civil disobedience suggests he'll kill himself later

Never said that. I suggested his thinking his right against unreasonable search was violated shows a lack of intelligence common among Darwin Award candidates. Try to actually read the posts, will ye hon?

You waffle on the argument that this is a contract between private parties, thus obviating all rights. Later you say it involves government funded airports, thus we're subject to government procedure.

That is EXACTLY what is going on. I know it can be hard to understand how it works, but it's pretty simple. The government controls security at the airport. It's what we pay taxes for. (I don't like it either so don't go there.) The airlines, in order to use the airport, have to abode by certain restrictions and regulations. Allowing the government to screen passengers is one of these. When you buy a ticket you are entering into a contract with the carrier whereby you agree to abide by their rules and regulations, of which passing through the security screening is a part.
Not to difficult, is it.

it's been established that they're allowing 80% of firearms to go through screen without detection.

Hmmm...sources please. You should know better than to post data in SC without showing a reliable source. (BTW, if the guns passed though undetected...how did they know the guns were even there? )

Mmmmmm....fish for dinner! B|
HAMMER:

You think there's a problem with planning for and trying to detect the next time someone does the same damn thing?????
:S

Wendy P.

Not hardly. What I recommended was using intelligence, rather than stupidity.

El Al has been dealing with these assholes for decades. When was the last time an attack on El Al was successful (the closest they came was Entebbe, and that worked badly for the attackers)?

Having a group of fat half-wits harassing everyone in sight, while scrupulously avoiding any focus on the source of 99 44/100% of the problem, is hardly "planning for and trying to detect."

I do not object to competent security. I most vocifierously object to abject stupidity, and TSA has a corner on the market.

My policy is no radiation, no touch, no discussion (put it in writing) - and I wear a Speedo under anything they might want to inspect after I take it off.

BSBD,

Winsor

it's been established that they're allowing 80% of firearms to go through screen without detection.

Hmmm...sources please. You should know better than to post data in SC without showing a reliable source. (BTW, if the guns passed though undetected...how did they know the guns were even there? )

They know the guns were there because they have been conducted red tests for years now.

Of course, a man with blinders on won't accept any of the citations out there - the actual test results are classified. The bulk of news reports concern the Houston guy (Farid Seif) who recently took his .40 on a flight accidentally. ABC news reported being briefed as to a 70% fail rate in this year's testing.

http://www.infowars.com/more-tsa-lies-in-attempt-to-cover-up-security-failures/

Feel free to dismiss, but tell me how an Iranian American managed to bring his gun onboard without even trying?!

They know the guns were there because they have been conducted red tests for years now.

Of course, a man with blinders on won't accept any of the citations out there - the actual test results are classified. The bulk of news reports concern the Houston guy (Farid Seif) who recently took his .40 on a flight accidentally. ABC news reported being briefed as to a 70% fail rate in this year's testing.

Feel free to dismiss, but tell me how an Iranian American managed to bring his gun onboard without even trying?!

I have heard of cases where people managed to get guns onto an aircraft, both purposely and not. But since you can't back up the 80% figure with anything but "ABC said", I will dismiss your claim.
But tell me this....how many would have been taken aboard had there not been any security? We will always fail to detect almost 100% of the weapons we don't look for.
HAMMER:

But tell me this....how many would have been taken aboard had there not been any security? We will always fail to detect almost 100% of the weapons we don't look for.

No one is questioning the x-ray scanning of carry on luggage, or the metal detectors that people walk through. Those have been around for decades. But it's obvious that they need to be better used than they currently are.

When a majority of guns get through undetected, you don't worry about smuggling weird binary chemicals up your ass (which also won't be detected). You just stick a cheap glock in your carry on, and if caught, plead forgetfulness. When you're willing to sacrifice your guys in plane bombings, you're not going to be worried about a couple of them getting a minor weapons charge.

>Damn, Am I the only person that remembers Americans used to have
>the "Right" to unempeded)sp?) travel inside our borders?

You might indeed be. Airport passenger screening started in 1958. My parents hadn't even met yet.

otoh, Bill's postings from ~5 weeks ago.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated."

Nothing there that says "unless you want to fly in an airplane."

-------------
somewhat related to this and the past threads around the Thanksgiving event:

The TSA has still failed to respond to a FOIA request filed by former Congressman Bob Barr demanding information on the TSA’s recent decision to curtail enhanced pat-downs and mothball body scanners so as to avoid negative publicity during the “National Opt Out day” protest last month.

If internal TSA documents prove this was the case,it will serve as concrete proof that Big Sis’s security talk is nothing more than hot air. If the scanners were so imperative to keep us safe from terrorists then why would the TSA turn them off, as well as reining in pat downs, in a vain effort to score political points?

What you don't seem to understand is that, whatever the reason, Americans have the right to protest.

get over it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

[reply)But tell me this....how many would have been taken aboard had there not been any security? We will always fail to detect almost 100% of the weapons we don't look for.

Just a reminder as our tax dollars go toward searching old ladies and children,
A terrorist need not board the plane to take it out. Easy enough to do with an hand held missle as the plane is coming in low and slow on final.

DJ

What you don't seem to understand is that, whatever the reason, Americans have the right to protest.

get over it.

Get over it?
I not only recognize that right but have taken part in a couple protests myself.
I didn't say the kid was wrong in protesting and, in fact, said he has that right.
Now maybe you should go back and re-read some posts to see just what this thread is about.
Or you can choose not to and keep posting irrelevant crap.
HAMMER:

No one is questioning the x-ray scanning of carry on luggage, or the metal detectors that people walk through. Those have been around for decades. But it's obvious that they need to be better used than they currently are.

When a majority of guns get through undetected, you don't worry about smuggling weird binary chemicals up your ass (which also won't be detected). You just stick a cheap glock in your carry on, and if caught, plead forgetfulness. When you're willing to sacrifice your guys in plane bombings, you're not going to be worried about a couple of them getting a minor weapons charge.

Believe it or not, but people whined like little girls when x-ray devices and metal detectors were first used in airports. Now they are the norm.
You may not like the security screenings and that is fine. You can opt out by taking some other mode of transportation. If all else fails you can walk. That is still a right as long as you aren't trespassing.

You keep quoting the 4th. Obviously you haven't a clue as to why it does not apply when you fly commercial.
HAMMER:

Believe it or not, but people whined like little girls when x-ray devices and metal detectors were first used in airports. Now they are the norm.
You may not like the security screenings and that is fine. You can opt out by taking some other mode of transportation. If all else fails you can walk. That is still a right as long as you aren't trespassing.

You keep quoting the 4th. Obviously you haven't a clue as to why it does not apply when you fly commercial.

Obviously,you don't understand the Bill of Rights!

Equally as obvious or, perhaps not as much, I can't know if you really believe the crap you're shootin' or if like some anti social malcontent you're just stirrin' the pot for your own "Most Excellent Entertainement"(tm).

Little matter sheepling. Let me give you an education as to how any Free Man views warrantless searches. They are illegal!
They are against the Constitution and against common sense.

I understand your argument.
You claim that by purchasing a ticket you've consented to a search.
You have yet to provide the fine print from even one airline ticket which confirms your assertions.

But fourth ammendment Rights forfeighted makes no difference.

The Hell you say ,"Treetop".
Yes, my freind, regardless of what the Department of Homeland Security may have brainwashed you to believe,regardless of the contract between the flier and the airline, every American is entitled to their 2cnd Ammendment Right to bare arms until the point they cross the threshold of the aircraft.
TSA is stationed in the wrong location.

Fair Winds and Unlimited Ceilings,
"Treetop" a.k.a. LORD OF THE SKY

Flying is a choice.

Freedom of Travel is the Right of the people as is Driving!

I don't know who here stated that "Driving isn't a Right(that punk), It's a privelaaage!" What a pansy assed view of the world!
Of course driving is a Right !!

Ammendments #9 and #10 were crafted just to stifle those types of arguments against the Freedom of the People.

Hope you don't find yourself in a tornado,

every American is entitled to their 2cnd Ammendment Right to bare arms until the point they cross the threshold of the aircraft.

Well, that's good - I was tired of having to travel in long sleeves in the summer.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

every American is entitled to their 2cnd Ammendment Right to bare arms until the point they cross the threshold of the aircraft.

Well, that's good - I was tired of having to travel in long sleeves in the summer.

LOL!
But really mnealtex, when do you want to rely on the government or any entity , other than yourself, to provide for your security?
I don't believe the Founding Fathers wanted you to have to.
My belief , and the fact of the Bill of Rights , is that they were looking forward to just this situation of government overstepping it's bounds.
The government ,in our Constitutional Republic, never has the authority to waive individual rights for "the greater good or security".

-The screenings by TSA are warrantless but you consent to that search the instant you enter the security area of the airport. Don't want searched? Don't enter. That simple.
-I have not been brainwashed. Sorry.
-Your right to bear arms ends when you enter the security area at the airport, well before you enter the aircraft. Government owned facility, they say where you can carry. Not you.
-Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it is violating your rights.
-Driving a car is not a right. I didn't decide that, the courts did.
HAMMER:

LOL!
But really mnealtex, when do you want to rely on the government or any entity , other than yourself, to provide for your security?
I don't believe the Founding Fathers wanted you to have to.
My belief , and the fact of the Bill of Rights , is that they were looking forward to just this situation of government overstepping it's bounds.
The government ,in our Constitutional Republic, never has the authority to waive individual rights for "the greater good or security".

They most certainly do. You cannot yell fire in a crowded theater is but one small example.
HAMMER:

I not only recognize that right but have taken part in a couple protests myself.
I didn't say the kid was wrong in protesting and, in fact, said he has that right.

No, you said he was so unbelievably stupid that he's likely to get himself killed someday. Somehow you equate that to him having the right to protest.

Probably the same right you see people having under the 4th.

-The screenings by TSA are warrantless but you consent to that search the instant you enter the security area of the airport. Don't want searched? Don't enter. That simple.

See Brother, that's where you and I disagree. I believe that every square inch of space and geographical location in the United States of America is the jurisdiction of the BILL of RIGHTS and the Constitution.
Don't tell me about " security areas" or Free Speech "Zones".

We don't have that crap here.
We have a Bill of Rights and a Constitution and they are all the law that the law allows for every single grain of dirt space in this Nation.

The same Law on Skid Row applies at the White House and benneth The Golden Dome.
There aren't different Federal laws dependant on location!
And if there are they are Un Constitutional!

-I have not been brainwashed. Sorry.
-Your right to bear arms ends when you enter the security area at the airport, well before you enter the aircraft. Government owned facility, they say where you can carry. Not you.

The Constitution says where we can carry, not the government!!!. It says we can carry anywhere we please. By the way, that includes bazzookas , hand grenades and Sherman tanks!!!

I hope I have helped in your education.

Fair Winds and Unlimited Ceilings,
Belgian Daft,
for you and yours,

"Treetop" a.k.a.LORD OF THE SKY