beowulf

Why are you an Atheist?

The pope put Galileo under house arrest for life because he could prove the earth was in rotation around the sun, which would mean we weren't the center of the universe...had to keep him from communicating any logical argument to the contrary.

It doesn't being, nor end there.

This is my primary problem with religion today. In all honestly, I don't care what your belief system is. What bothers me is when your belief system drives you to interfere with my beliefs and freedoms.

As unfortunate as it is, religion dictates a large portion of our society's laws and regulations due to their governmental pull through lobbyists and politicians. The ending result is a system of laws that further limits personal freedoms, as well as hampers scientific advancements.

Take stem cell research, for example. This is one of the most promising developments out there for perhaps the broadest category of health treatments. Yet, religious folks have been pushing to make such research illegal.

In the realm of freedom examples, religion has been trying to abolish one's ability to have an abortion. Even in the case of rape. If the mother-to-be was a low income individual incapable of supporting the child financially and emotionally, and even at risk for birth complication resulting in death, some would still force her to have the child -- an inception she had no control over.

In the realm of personal safety, how many wars, terrorist attacks, murders have been committed in the name of religion?

One amazing principle of science is the fluid system of beliefs. Even if a highly accepted theory has existed for years, most folks have no problem transitioning their views in light of new evidence. The same cannot be said for religion generally.

So, while the religious folk sit and pray to an omnipotent being [that might ignore them] for their quadriplegic child to regain bodily control, I'll take the side of the blasphemous scientific community whose empirical evidence and research points toward a brighter tomorrow.

The pope put Galileo under house arrest for life because he could prove the earth was in rotation around the sun, which would mean we weren't the center of the universe...had to keep him from communicating any logical argument to the contrary.

It doesn't being, nor end there.

This is my primary problem with religion today. In all honestly, I don't care what your belief system is. What bothers me is when your belief system drives you to interfere with my beliefs and freedoms.

As unfortunate as it is, religion dictates a large portion of our society's laws and regulations due to their governmental pull through lobbyists and politicians. The ending result is a system of laws that further limits personal freedoms, as well as hampers scientific advancements.

Take stem cell research, for example. This is one of the most promising developments out there for perhaps the broadest category of health treatments. Yet, religious folks have been pushing to make such research illegal.

In the realm of freedom examples, religion has been trying to abolish one's ability to have an abortion. Even in the case of rape. If the mother-to-be was a low income individual incapable of supporting the child financially and emotionally, and even at risk for birth complication resulting in death, some would still force her to have the child -- an inception she had no control over.

In the realm of personal safety, how many wars, terrorist attacks, murders have been committed in the name of religion?

One amazing principle of science is the fluid system of beliefs. Even if a highly accepted theory has existed for years, most folks have no problem transitioning their views in light of new evidence. The same cannot be said for religion generally.

So, while the religious folk sit and pray to an omnipotent being [that might ignore them] for their quadriplegic child to regain bodily control, I'll take the side of the blasphemous scientific community whose empirical evidence and research points toward a brighter tomorrow.

Amen! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

How can anyoen believe in Or worship a being that says, "Here is life, it last but s brief moment in time, Spend that moment wroshipping me, and spreading my word, or spend the rest of eternity suffering in unemaginable pain!"

"This" is a "supreme being"?:o

That is a fucking Sadist!

As much of a need for him as new age hippies need their existence of faeries in their subconscious.

Faith is the religious man's great trump card. You can't say anything when a person uses the whole 'faith' thing, but thing is it's the same tactic that can be used by any crazy. The man who believes in faeries can use the faith card too, so can the man who thinks the government watches his every move and the Muslim, Hindu and every other religious sect. Faith doesn't help ones cause at all, it just levels it into an untouchable ground of all things which have so little logical support that it's the only way for it to make any 'sense'. Basically faith is used by those whom are to stubborn to look at facts but will refuse to give in to logic, it is void of all common sense.

And if I had to say: I have faith that Satan is the real master of man, the true Lord and the only one to offer mankind any potential- there is no way to conclude that your faith is correct and mine is not. We would both be on the exact same level.

Faith is retarded- 'nuff said.

Faith is a necessary stepping stone to examine areas of spiritual phenomena. Science is still unable to quantify this obvious area of our being. Attributing consciousness to electrically charged neural matter is an incomplete explanation. The results of ones faith determine the validity of the object the faith is based in. There is no way any of us can discover everything on our own. We all learn by placing faith placed in the discoveries of others.

If your goal is to substantiate Meso's observation that "Faith is retarded," mission accomplished.

No, it merely determines the strength of one's belief. The unexpected success of the 9/11 hijackers is not proof that Allah exists.

I'm going to disagree with you that 9/11 was a "success." The intent was to cripple the US. True, they caused a lot of pain and suffering, but the mission was not exactly a "success."

I'd also add that if any one of those fruitcakes used the argument, "Allah sent me to do this," how would they explain the folks who kept them from crashing the 4th plane into its intended target? Using the argument lines, those heroes who fought the terrorists could be explained with, "Allah thinks you're full of crap, and sent me to stop you."

You can put "god's" name on anything to justify it, and find something in a religious book to back you up -- not that tough. Depends, as you say, on the strength of the belief.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” ~ Marcus Aurelius

Heh

You forgot - If there is a God and he will not bother with you if you don't worship him as he demands, He'll give you to his evil counterpart and you will experience an eternity of pain that noone on earth can even fathom.

No, that's covered under the second point: Unjust gods.

Who are you to say that what a God wants is unjust?
re you God?:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

how would they explain the folks who kept them from crashing the 4th plane into its intended target?

The same way fundamentalists of every ilk have justified their belief:

"God/Allah/Jehovah/Cthulhu is testing our resolve with these challenges... But we will prevail and get 40 virgin/eternal life/beer volcanoes if we keep up our fight"
Remster

How can anyoen believe in Or worship a being that says, "Here is life, it last but s brief moment in time, Spend that moment wroshipping me, and spreading my word, or spend the rest of eternity suffering in unemaginable pain!"

"This" is a "supreme being"?:o

That is a fucking Sadist!

So following a simple set of rules is sadism?:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

>I'm going to disagree with you that 9/11 was a "success."

From a purely tactical perspective, it was indeed a success; they accomplished 75% of what they wanted to accomplish in a coordinated attack involving extensive training, surveillance and both covert and overt action against airport screeners, passengers and aircrews.

Now, from a more strategic perspective, the organization they belonged to may indeed have not accomplished its long term goals of weakening the US. But from the perspective of the guy yelling "Allahu Akbar" as he tried to use a hijacked airplane to destroy the WTC - it was indeed a success.

(Which, as I mentioned, really doesn't speak much to whether Allah had anything to do with it.)

>You can put "god's" name on anything to justify it, and find something
>in a religious book to back you up.

Agreed there.

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” ~ Marcus Aurelius

Heh

You forgot - If there is a God and he will not bother with you if you don't worship him as he demands, He'll give you to his evil counterpart and you will experience an eternity of pain that noone on earth can even fathom.

No, that's covered under the second point: Unjust gods.

Someone with the bility to actually think about justice rather than blindly accept what is written in an old book. The god you describe would be unworthy of the worship of anyone with a shred of dignity and self respect.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Yeah, but it ain't all about you, is it?;)

Why do you keep insinuating that I'm insinuating that it's all about me?

I'm freaking out man...:D
Edit:

Sorry Jack...these are just the songs we're playing on the old phonograph...good original records.

But, one thing I've never heard was "please."

...does that freak you out?

....it should.

...but seriously...lot of good posts lately. I'll respond when I can. I've had some people I am entertaining since last tuesday...I'll respond when they leave...:)
Edit:
In the mean time...here's some music.:)Beautiful Loser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zn8DKH6RMo

Edit:
Skrew it...After hours in the UK...:D
Still the Same:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGa3c09kZ1Q&feature=related

Edit:

LMAO Jack...It's all about YOU!

;)

:D

:)
Final Edit:
Finally Jack...the revelation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkZshaVoE60
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

>I'm going to disagree with you that 9/11 was a "success."

From a purely tactical perspective, it was indeed a success; they accomplished 75% of what they wanted to accomplish in a coordinated attack involving extensive training, surveillance and both covert and overt action against airport screeners, passengers and aircrews.

Now, from a more strategic perspective, the organization they belonged to may indeed have not accomplished its long term goals of weakening the US. But from the perspective of the guy yelling "Allahu Akbar" as he tried to use a hijacked airplane to destroy the WTC - it was indeed a success.

(Which, as I mentioned, really doesn't speak much to whether Allah had anything to do with it.)

>You can put "god's" name on anything to justify it, and find something
>in a religious book to back you up.

Agreed there.

Oh come on...it was an unimaginable success.

With a minimum investment, they changed the way we live our lives forever!

...caused us to 'willingly' give up freedoms and liberty, changed our government and put much of the population under ongoing fear.

Through out time, it's the 'craziest motherfucker terrorist' that holds all the cards, changes the planet...Harry Truman knew it. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Someone with the bility to actually think about justice rather than blindly accept what is written in an old book.

jakee, when someone asks you if you're a god you say, "YES."

Someone with the bility to actually think about justice rather than blindly accept what is written in an old book.

jakee, when someone asks you if you're a god you say, "YES."

NO Jack...people ask me almost everyday and everyday I say no!

Hell, somedays they don't even ask, they just declare it...:(

Not an Ernie Hudson fan obviously.

No, it's pretty clear I'm nigga ass white boy fan of lil wayne:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgwOOqYFZmI

:S

The bottom line is that we can spin religion forever...you cant's stop the evil! hahahaha

it always so so obvious.....

Edit...Btw, make sure not to miss the lyrics at...2:07

I'm not. I am agnostic. Big difference.

The two are not mutually exclusive... they describe different things.

check this image

I'm a christian....what do you think of this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SdmsWBO7O4

Crazy shit. huh?

I hope you realize it's crazy....:D

I see people that tell me everyday this is real....

They live thier life in a psychotic hell that they both are acknowledege but yet feel they are the subjects.....hahaha....seriously, do you even really want to be a SUBJECT?

hahaha

preach yourth death upon me!.

I'm their cry (coreece) but you won't see....for get about me....save them if you're so noble, or be condemned to hellllll......:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SdmsWBO7O4

Seriously...until yall comprehend my last several posts....there is no reason to reply:

hahahaha....

axe me a question...i'll anxerit...:D

ya, I'm mocking yall...I don't even think you can ask a legitimate question to the ME.

(for everbody that doesn't understand....this means that I'm about to be attacked....I may lose...

Hail it Bitch?

Dane cook said it kinda well . . .

Dane - God bless you!!! Nothing happens when you die!

Atheist - Oh, i will tell you what happens when I die...first, i will become one with the planet, then i will become fertilizer for the earth and then take my part as a huge tree...

Dane - Oh, yea? well i hope that one day, while ur enjoying all ur treeness, a big sweaty guy comes along and cuts you down and turns you into paper and and then...PRINTS THE BIBLE ON YOU!!!:D:D:D