skyrider

Bawny Fwank, "Hiers Didn't Do Anything To Deserve Inheritance"

Wanting to take someone's inheritance doesn't either, eh?

"You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor."
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

"You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor."

and the super rich shouldn't covet all their neighbours money (and then give it unearned to their children) don't ya think?
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

you're not going to be super rich - neither are your children. so why are you whining about a tax that isn't going to affect you at all. strange.

a doubling of inheritance tax wouldn't affect you in the slightest - why are you so worried on behalf of the super rich?

it's not going to affect you - so why worry on behalf of the super rich?

How did you become so ignorant? If something doesn't affect me then I shouldn't be concerned about it?

As a white man I should not be concerned with injustices against any non whites because it won't affect me. Gottcha.

It's a matter of right versus wrong not whether it affects me. But for someone like yourself that has so much jealousy of rich people, it has turned to hated and blinded you to logic. So sad.

(Why are we feeding him. We should all know by now that he has no logical argument about anything. It's all emotion. Lets stop feeding him. Although his post do make me laugh because of the absurdity.)

The decade of the 80's was from 1980 to 1989. 10 years. If you remove 1980 and 1989 you have 1981 to 1988. 8 years.

It's a matter of right versus wrong not whether it affects me.

then you'll agree with me that it's wrong for the super rich (and their children) not to contribute their fair share to society...

and the super rich shouldn't covet all their neighbours money (and then give it unearned to their children) don't ya think?

So now your contention is the "super rich" stole their money?

Wow, you do stretch things to TRY and make your point:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Sometimes we just poke him....his reactions are funny.
:D:D

There are some things on which we can agree
Abraham Lincoln

is 'coveting', 'stealing'?

then you'll agree with me that it's wrong for the super rich (and their children) not to contribute their fair share to society...

You have missed the point again but I'm not surprised.

Define fair share as it applies to everyone not just rich people. After that tell me how long is a piece of string? Hint: your answer is just your opinion without any facts to back it up.

I'm done feeding you. Please continue with your absurd and uneducated remarks.

I'm off to do Christmasy things with the family.

The decade of the 80's was from 1980 to 1989. 10 years. If you remove 1980 and 1989 you have 1981 to 1988. 8 years.

Define fair share as it applies to everyone not just rich people.

the majority of us can see that the super rich don't contribute enough (and their children contribute even less). a little more time and even you'll be able to see the obvious.

So... My family has been farming the same piece of dirt for four generations. We all put in our fair share as kids, go away for college and some of us come back to pull the load when the old folks get slowed down. Dad wants to leave me the farm but dies before he gets the paperwork done. I inherit the farm but have to sell it to pay the inheritance tax. Two generations have to move into an apartment in the city, get food stamps and heat assistance along with welfare.

Or... JP Moneybags gets sent away to boarding school at 6 years old because Mom and Dad don't have "time" to deal with his needs. He stays gone for the next 20 years sucking on the family tit to the tune of $200k per year spent on sex, Red Bull and the fast lane. Dad and Mom crash their Canadair and Junior gets word that he's now rich. The shell game of corporate hide and seek keeps him from actually "showing any inheritance" so he just keeps on collecting his allowance all the while gathering up more and more wealth under the walnut shells his lawyers shuffle and dodge around. -but- indirectly he employs hundreds if not thousands. Hundreds of these might lose their jobs if taxes sapped the corporate capitol.

So... My family has been farming the same piece of dirt for four generations. We all put in our fair share as kids, go away for college and some of us come back to pull the load when the old folks get slowed down. Dad wants to leave me the farm but dies before he gets the paperwork done. I inherit the farm but have to sell it to pay the inheritance tax.

you're a fiction writer?

is 'coveting', 'stealing'?

In your case?

Yes
Abraham Lincoln

Define fair share as it applies to everyone not just rich people.

the majority of us can see that the super rich don't contribute enough (and their children contribute even less). a little more time and even you'll be able to see the obvious.

Who is the majority of us?
Abraham Lincoln

So... My family has been farming the same piece of dirt for four generations. We all put in our fair share as kids, go away for college and some of us come back to pull the load when the old folks get slowed down. Dad wants to leave me the farm but dies before he gets the paperwork done. I inherit the farm but have to sell it to pay the inheritance tax.

you're a fiction writer?

:D

Trick question or are you really that ignorant of reality in farm country?
Abraham Lincoln

yep. And one that they didn't even have to work for.

So what? The parents already paid taxes on that money. Greed envy and jealousy is what all of this sounds like.

Why should I pay sales tax when my money was already taxed when I earned it?

Answer - because money isn't taxed, people are.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

So what? The parents already paid taxes on that money. Greed envy and jealousy is what all of this sounds like.

My customers already paid taxes on the money they paid me to do construction on their house. I guess that shouldn't be taxed either?

Your argument that the money has already been taxed doesn't fly. Income is taxed. Inheritance is an income. (taxed at a higher rate, which I don't necessarily agree with).

Right now the first $3.5 MILLION of an estate is free of tax. The estate taxes don't affect the overwhelming majority of Americans.

Stupid argument. Why would that apply to estate tax, but not to any other tax? All taxes involve taking something of value from someone.

My customers already paid taxes on the money they paid me to do construction on their house. I guess that shouldn't be taxed either?

Your argument that the money has already been taxed doesn't fly. Income is taxed. Inheritance is an income. (taxed at a higher rate, which I don't necessarily agree with).

Right now the first $3.5 MILLION of an estate is free of tax. The estate taxes don't affect the overwhelming majority of Americans.

How many acres of land with that buy and
what is the average size of the family farm in Iowa today?
Abraham Lincoln

that's $3.5 MILLION before tax - nice little inheritance

Care to answer the question?

How many acres does it buy in Iowa and what is the size of an average family farm?

Farm ground prices are up for many reasons
One is because of a tax
Can you answer what tax that is?
Abraham Lincoln

Then of course a death tax increase will cause the price per acre to rise even more. And the end result of that will be the un rich will not be able to own farm ground becuase of said price increases

I can explain why this is

Can you?
Abraham Lincoln

Or... JP Moneybags gets sent away to boarding school at 6 years old because Mom and Dad don't have "time" to deal with his needs. He stays gone for the next 20 years sucking on the family tit to the tune of $200k per year spent on sex, Red Bull and the fast lane. Dad and Mom crash their Canadair and Junior gets word that he's now rich. The shell game of corporate hide and seek keeps him from actually "showing any inheritance" so he just keeps on collecting his allowance all the while gathering up more and more wealth under the walnut shells his lawyers shuffle and dodge around. -but- indirectly he employs hundreds if not thousands. Hundreds of these might lose their jobs if taxes sapped the corporate capitol.

more fiction...