airdvr

I'm beginning to re-think my views on taxation.

Bannister was acquitted. You can't go to jail for giving bad advice and the law was on his side here. But the case wasn't about him

Really? It "wasn't about him"?
Who was Bannisters' case about?
I mean.., the guy probably was forced to spend at least $100,000 ,maybe more, to defend himself against these phony charges by IRS agents who most likely don't understand the law themselves!!!
I'll bet like you , they've never read it in it's entirety!!

But Joe Bannisters' case wasn't about Joe Bannister?

So if the IRS is prosecuting cases when they know the defendant is innocent ,and they are just intimidating the citizens and trying to blleed them dry, is this a legitemate government?

Po E.Rett

[replyBy your own admission, you have yet to read any part of the law in question.

In other words .., everything you post on this topic is based on the fact of your own admitted ignorance .

You have yet to point out one specific where I was wrong. I have addressed every one of your posts with facts and proof and even posted where you can find the answers.

I'm still waiting on the definition of "income " within the tax code.

Remember from second grade that the definition of a term cannot include the term as part of the definition.

Po E. Rett

Really? It "wasn't about him"?
Who was Bannisters' case about?

He was acquitted because he believed his argument was legitimate. Which it wasn't. The case against him was about him trying to defraud the system. In the spirit of the case, he wasn't trying to defraud the IRS, he legitimately believed he didn't have to pay taxes, which he was wrong as shown by many Supreme Court cases. Can you really charge an idiot with Fraud?

The IRS was trying to stop him from hurting others with his idiocy.

however, in 2008, the tax court found him liable for federal income taxes and penalties for failure to file his 2002 federal income tax return and report over $23,000 in a distribution from a retirement plan and other income.

Also, this is a good read; to include links to his court cases about his revocation from practice:

http://tpgurus.wikidot.com/joseph-banister
I suggest a thorough read.

So if the IRS is prosecuting cases when they know the defendant is innocent ,and they are just intimidating the citizens and trying to blleed them dry, is this a legitemate government?

Yup. But he wasn't innocent till he was proven an idiot by the case. That came after the ruling. The case was brought against him because of the Thomson case.

I'm still waiting on the defenition of "income " within the tax code.

Remember from second grade that the defenition of a term cannot include the term as part of the defenition.

The word "the", "a", "tax". . . is used many times in the code also. Do we need an exercise on what those words mean also? I'm pretty sure people know without a doubt what they represent and don't need to spend needless time to add into instruction for the purpose of those who don't have the ability to fathom their meaning.

And, if i remember correctly, you haven't shown me anywhere what "Rights" is identified in the Bill of Rights or in any document for that matter.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

[reply the word "the", "a", "tax". . . is used many times in the code also. Do we need an exercise on what those words mean also? I'm pretty sure people know without a doubt what they represent and don't need to spend needless time to add into instruction for the purpose of those who don't have the ability to fathom their meaning.

And I am equally as sure that if these terms are not defined within the law then the law holds no real meaning untik such a time as the government puts definitions to the law.

We the People have petitioned the government to define the term "income".
As to this day our petition remains unanswered .

How could anyone file a legitemate income tax document if they don't know the definition of "income" whithin the law?

Treetop" a.k.a. LORD OF THE SKYl

We the People have petitioned the government to define the term "income".
As to this day our petition remains unanswered .

"We the people" need to do thier own research and get a dictionary.

How could anyone file a legitemate income tax document if they don't know the definition of "income" whithin the law?

You are not grasping it. . .

The definition in the tax code is not a dictionary definition. It isn't meant to be a definition. It's purpose is to list items and processes that are considered a particular type of income in that subchapter.

If this is too hard for you, it's your fault, not the IRS or other agencies. Everyone else gets it. You are not exposing holes in anything. Everything you have put out has been discredited. You are not enlightening anyone here.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I'm still waiting on the definition of "income " within the tax code.

Dude! Go do your own research!

Just as simple as that!

You're spending more energy and wasting more bandwidth on trying to get someone else to do it for you than it takes to do it yourself.

Oh...wait...maybe you think you're dealing with "the PhD". In that case, my bad,
:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

>so we can expect a big world war to rebalance things?

===================
I go down to Speaker's corner, I'm a thunderstruck
They got free speech! Tourists! Police in trucks!
Two men say they're Jesus, one of them must be wrong
There's a protest singer, he's singing a protest song!

He says "They wanna have a war to keep their factories
They wanna have a war to keep us on our knees
They wanna have a war to stop us buying Japanese
They wanna have a war to stop industrial disease

They're pointing out the enemy to keep you deaf and blind
They wanna sap your energy, incarcerate your mind
Give you Rule Brittania, gassy beer, page three
Two weeks in Espania and Sunday striptease!"

Meanwhile the first Jesus says, "I'll cure it soon
Abolish Monday mornings and Friday afternoons"
The other one's out on hunger strike, he's dying by degrees
How come even Jesus gets industrial disease?

i think that means you don't have anymore to say on the subject...

blue skies from thailand :)
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

The problem with taxing "the rich" and other "solutions" to our economic woes is that it presupposes that a solution exists. It does not - at least in the sense that we simply cannot balance the books and continue on in the manner to which we have become accustomed.

The government - and our U.S. society in general - is like a gambler who has been allowed unlimited markers at the high-stakes table, and is on a world-class losing streak. You can not give them enough that they can not throw it away (and then some) on the next pass.

Even if you were to somehow take a $ billion each from fourteen thousand billionares to balance the books for a minute or two, we are on such a downward trajectory that it would not affect the outcome in the slightest. If we were constrained to live within our means, the U.S. economy would implode immediately.

I know it is appealing to assume that, if you could find enough people with enough money and take it away from them, we would be all right. The fact is that we are royally screwed either way.

It has been fun while it lasted.

BSBD,

Winsor

if you were to somehow take a $ billion each from fourteen thousand billionares to balance the books

excellent idea :)
(i think we're getting somewhere)

It is fitting that when I put forth an exercise in stupidity, you are on board immediately.

Your willingness to espouse a proposal is thus a true measure of its fundamental inanity.

if you were to somehow take a $ billion each from fourteen thousand billionares to balance the books

It is fitting that when I put forth an exercise in stupidity, you are on board immediately.

Your willingness to espouse a proposal is thus a true measure of its fundamental inanity.

As much as I'd hate to say it, I think he's laughing at you!

:D

I know I am...;)

Can you guess why?

Here...here's a quote:

The fact is that we are royally screwed either way.

It has been fun while it lasted.

LMFAO...

Rest in Peace!

This is all I have to say:

82nd Airborne Song (The All American Soldier)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

As much as I'd hate to say it, I think he's laughing at you!

:D

however did you guess :)
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

The amusement of the hard-of-thinking is hardly my goal, but if I bring joy into the world it can be viewed as a good thing.

My point kind of depends on having the most rudimentary grasp of numbers, which appears to rule you and whatsisname out.

Even if the Gov't was to appropriate enough wealth through some Zimbabwean-type scheme, it does not change the trajectory of our economy. It is akin to being aboard an airliner about to crash and jumping up at that last second (a scenario whereby you impact at 548 mph instead of 550).

Not to mention the fact that the "rich" tend to be those for whom others tend to work, and, without them, jobs are few and far between (except for the Gov't - welcome back to Zimbabwe).

Zimbabwe considered it a grand idea to take property away from the "rich" and to give it to deserving negroes. The result was that productive farms failed, as did the economy thereafter.

If "forced social equality" is your idea of a good thing, you are welcome to emigrate to Zimbabwe. Good luck with that.

BSBD,

Winsor

The amusement of the hard-of-thinking is hardly my goal, but if I bring joy into the world it can be viewed as a good thing.

Even manure is considered a good thing.

It is akin to being aboard an airliner about to crash and jumping up at that last second

Who does that?

You must be thinking of an elavator.

If "forced social equality" is your idea of a good thing, you are welcome to emigrate to Zimbabwe. Good luck with that.

It's a shame that equality has to be forced, but I hear they make a good sadza.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...