ridestrong

School employees/representatives not allowed to say "Merry Christmas"

This is stupid.

Beside the freedom of speech issue, I'm not sure who/what they're trying to protect.
I am Jewish and I don't see why should I get offended if someone says "Merry Xmas" to me.
This is stupid.
O

We really need to get back to basics... and worship the season as they did before judeo-christians took it over.

We all need to return to the origins of the season the old school pagan way.

orgies??

or did you not mean that far back?:ph34r:

Hey Orgies are good...

http://blog.prehistoricshamanism.com/115/the-winter-solstice-in-prehistory/

Hey its one way to keep warm this time of year in northern regions, the more people under the hides.. the warmer :)

Once again, we agree...

This is getting scarey...I heard threw PM's we have issues with each other...yet I keep finding myself agreeing with you...:o

Could the greens be wrong?????:o

BTW, Merry Christmas!:)

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Gawd, I love this time of year, now that I am on the west coast...(hated it in the mid west)

Buying , giving, sharing , loving.....all that stuff the ACLU wants to put an end to!:S

great group of people!:S

We really need to get back to basics... and worship the season as they did before judeo-christians took it over.

orgies??

Don't be silly. Orgies are at Beltane (May 1st)! ;)

On another note, Bright Blessings for the Solstice tomorrow, everyone! :) In a few days, I'll wish you a Happy Christmas. Hope everyone had a lovely, peaceful Hanukkah!

[Did I miss anyone?]
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

orgies??

Don't be silly. Orgies are at Beltane (May 1st)! ;)

On another note, Bright Blessings for the Solstice tomorrow, everyone! :) In a few days, I'll wish you a Happy Christmas. Hope everyone had a lovely, peaceful Hanukkah!

[Did I miss anyone?]

Kwanzaa?

Don't forget Festivus either--"I've got a lot of grievances with you people!"
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

But as soon as a teacher says Merry Christmas to a student, then a state employee has endorsed one religion over another in state business and that is illegal.

I am not religious. I do not favor one religion over another. I do not attend church/synagogue etc. I do, however, say Merry Christmas to many people.

How is that endorsing one religion over another?

A majority of people that say Merry Christmas are not endorsing a religion or have any religious affiliation. But some people see what they want to see.

The decade of the 80's was from 1980 to 1989. 10 years. If you remove 1980 and 1989 you have 1981 to 1988. 8 years.

But as soon as a teacher says Merry Christmas to a student, then a state employee has endorsed one religion over another in state business and that is illegal.

I am not religious. I do not favor one religion over another. I do not attend church/synagogue etc. I do, however, say Merry Christmas to many people.

How is that endorsing one religion over another?

A majority of people that say Merry Christmas are not endorsing a religion or have any religious affiliation. But some people see what they want to see.

The decade of the 80's was from 1980 to 1989. 10 years. If you remove 1980 and 1989 you have 1981 to 1988. 8 years.

It's all about being 'politically correct'... and it's bull-shit! Political correctness has gotten the people of this country afraid they'll offend their own shadows. If, this country is supposed to be all about 'freedoms' why, has our government gotten us to a point where we can't even wish someone a Merry Christmas or any other greeting, without offending someone? We've gotten to the point where you can barely say 'hello' because the word 'hell' is in it. It's all ridiculous. Damnit! It's Christmas and people say 'Merry Christmas' to others and if noone likes it... that's their problem. Same with someone greeting someone with 'Happy Kwanza' or whatever. Let's get back to being 'people' and quit the damned 'politically correct' crap! Merry Christmas to everyone!

Chuck