skyrider

Two Presidents, Meet The Corp's

I think this is one of the dumbest videos I have ever seen. I am also a Marine and understand that each service member may have their opinions about the President but at the end of the day you and I are going to do our job because that is what we are paid to do. I also understand that there are many people in the service who are not going to respect the President but in my opinion and atleast in the Marine Corps' opinion (Im not sure about the other services), you keep that shit to yourself. I find it pretty disgusting that there were Marines who refused to go and see the President of the United States speak just because they don't like him. I personally think it doesn't matter who is the President, everyone (especially in the service) should respect the office.

I've had soldiers who truly thought they were nazis, robots, or any multitude of notably stupid things. Some servicemembers can't keep their mouths shut, but doesn't mean they are intelligent (or not), nor are they an accurate representation of anyone else. Such stupidity isn't predominant to any rank, race, gender or occupational specialty, it's not even exclusive to the military; but no matter who's got it, they feel the need to share it.

Thanks for sharing your's on such a regular basis.
This isn't flying, its falling with style.

Ask any soldier who they respect, the President, OR their Commanding Officer...get back to me with your answer's...they are doing their job "Despite" who is in office!

I respect both, even though I may like neither. There is a huge difference between liking someone and respecting them. And for soldiers saying they would not follow the President. Show me one Marine, Soldier, Sailor, or Airmen that would actually disrespect the President to his face or not follow an order that came directly from the President and then we will talk.

Show me one Marine, Soldier, Sailor, or Airmen that would actually disrespect the President to his face or not follow an order that came directly from the President

As you wish:

http://newsone.com/nation/associatedpress3/birther-soldier-sentenced-jail-obama/

“Birther” Soldier Sentenced To Jail For Refusing To Fight For Obama

FORT MEADE, Md. — An Army doctor who disobeyed orders to deploy to Afghanistan because he questioned President Barack Obama’s eligibility to be commander in chief was sentenced by a jury Thursday to six months in a military prison and will be dismissed from the Army.

... that is, unless you're going to dance around on the phrase, "an order that came directly from the President" (since it's pretty rare that any President gives direct operational orders to service-people below general officer rank). Are you?

Like I said we will talk. This Doctor got what he deserved. Prison time. In the military there is no option to do what we want to do, and not do the things we do not. Whether this guy or the rest of the American wants to accept it or not President Obama is the President and thats not going to change for atleast another two years. So the American public especially the military folks that are doing things like this doctor did need to suck it up and do their job, and if not then they can join this dumb ass in prison.

Did anyone consider the tone and setting of the two videos?

The Bush vid was filmed in Iraq where the President was a bit more "down to earth". The troops were allowed to shout and make noise.

The Obama vid was filmed at Camp Lejeune -- In the states. CNN was there, it was more of a formal meeting. The Marines were told to STFU at the POA, they couldn't have cheered even if they wanted to.

Different settings require different tones.