skyrider

Two Presidents, Meet The Corp's

My guess would be that it is pretty easy to go cherry picking videos and post the exact opposite.

In fact, pretty easy to go cherry picking videos and make anybody you want look good, or bad, on just about any topic.

Bush fucked up some things very badly. Obama is in the process of fucking up some things very badly.

Pick your poison; but pretty silly to pick apart the current screw-up not of your liking and ignore the past screw-up who was of your liking.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

My guess would be that it is pretty easy to go cherry picking videos and post the exact opposite.

In fact, pretty easy to go cherry picking videos and make anybody you want look good, or bad, on just about any topic.

Bush fucked up some things very badly. Obama is in the process of fucking up some things very badly.

Pick your poison; but pretty silly to pick apart the current screw-up not of your liking and ignore the past screw-up who was of your liking.

then is should be very easy for someone to find one that proves your point..Correct?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/100504p.pdf

DOD policy is during the playing of "Hail to the Chief" all uniformed personnel are to treat it as the same behavior and respect as "The Star Spangled Banner"

Good point
I wonder why Obama has it played and Bush didnt?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

ok... so i watched the clip(s)...
did not see any indication of the Date of each... "meet & greet"....

so i will Guess......

the part with Bush..
was "Early on" in the war (s).. when The Rah Rah was still high.. when those troops were optimistic and Gung Ho,
and had not yet seen lots of their comrades killed and / or maimed.... and so the applause was Thunderous....yet perhaps Unwarranted, ( imo)

And the part with Obama was "Later on"... when the conflicts had been long and drawn out... with much death & destruction experienced and witnessed.....and well after GWBs' delaration of..."mission accomplished " which it was NOT....
and so the applause for the man who Inherited the Mess......was sedate and muted.....Perfectly Understandable...

Unless the commander in chief is out there.. slogging it out , in the REAL trenches of W A R .... ANY cheering and accolades, should be kept to a low level...and reserved for airport lobbies where veterans are returning to their friends and families....

I have "No dog in this fight".. and while i support the troops and ALL those enlistees and National GuardsMen and Women who have been dedicated to
"carrying out the will of the Government " i neither agree with , nor encourage that will...
i voted for Neither of these men.... and i voted for Neither of their opponents in those respective elections... since NONE of the candidates struck me as anything other than self serving Politicians.....I have NEVER missed an election day in almost 40 years. But will NOT vote in EVERY category on the ballot, unless i truly accept and agree with a candidates platform..
I do vote in the case of congress people, senators , judges, and governors, and on the occasional proposition. But until the American public is offered a candidate for President with MUCH greater dedication, common sense , plain old BrainPower,,, and adherance to the will "of the people " "by the peole" and " for the people"... i reserve my vote, as a muted protest..
God Bless America
God Help America

jt

nor particularly directed at anyone person here....

don't be blind and ignorant, acknowledge past fuckups of those of whom you are a fan (or not), notice current fuckups of those of whom you aren't a fan (or are).

They're politicians. Their job is to take and hold power. Citizens best interests only come into play anymore when it comes to keeping the politicians in power.
--
Rob

I'm especially impressed with videos of the rousing welcome the troops gave Bush when he and his spiffy g-suit flew onto the USS Abraham Lincoln to make his "Mission Accomplished" speech on May 1, 2003.

US casualties in Iraq AFTER Bush's Mission was "Accomplished" have been about 4,000 killed and 30,000 wounded. So if people want to cheer the guy who "brung that on", well, that's fine with me. Anything that cheers the morale of our individual service-members is fine by me.

Partisan assholes have been slandering the relationship between every single Democratic President and the military at least since Woodrow Wilson. "The president disrespects the troops." "The troops have no respect for the president". And much worse. It usually gets pretty vicious. So why should this year be any different?

So go ahead and indulge yourselves. Again.

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/100504p.pdf

DOD policy is during the playing of "Hail to the Chief" all uniformed personnel are to treat it as the same behavior and respect as "The Star Spangled Banner"

Good point
I wonder why Obama has it played and Bush didnt?

Just gonna guess that President Bush didn't play it a Troop Meet and Greet with Photo Op in Iraq, standard policy in my understanding for that type of event..

And President Obama played it a a Major Policy Announcement and Press Briefing, standard policy in my understanding for that type of event.

It is really two different televised events, picked and spun by the video's producer.

Is he gonna get the one of the Marines Saluting and "Not" Saluting outside of Marine 1 next?
:S
Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

+1
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Well I have heard more respectful comments from Troops about our current POTUS.

But this video is just a spin, and an old one at that.

Matt

LOL, every soldier I have talked to said they will not follow him, they are only doing their job...He is NOT "their" commander and chief!

he is a spot in history, that will be a memory in 2 more years!

LOL, every soldier I have talked to said they will not follow him, they are only doing their job...He is NOT "their" commander and chief!

Read what I wrote above. The same shit was said about every Democratic president this century. Even many people on these boards remember when it was said about Clinton, and Carter before him.

Yawn.

Read what I wrote above. The same shit was said about every Democratic president this century. Even many people on these boards remember when it was said about Clinton, and Carter before him.

Yawn.

So disrespecting a dem President, is just par for the course, and it not anything wrong, Gotcha!:S

Having been there when the current POTUS was on base, I personally refused to go to his speech, as did many of my Marines. A lot of other Marines were told to go to it...which could have been part of the reason for lack of response (beside the fact they were at attention). Personally, this President simply does not have the same respect from the troops as the other President. But, as previously posted, neither did a lot of other Dem Presidents....

My guess is one President is "RESPECTED" , The Other, Just happened to get his job threw some very flakey voting ......

Actually in a world view - Bush is seen as the embodiment of an idiot. While American politics is not my strong suit - I have NEVER seen a president come off as inept and stupid as Bush managed to. (Note I am specifically mentioning how he portrayed himself - I don't believe that anybody truly stupid could be a US president).

I don't know if it is just the change in political climate worldwide - but Obama doesn't appear to get much good or bad press.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

LOL, every soldier I have talked to said they will not follow him,

And yet they do.

No, they do the job they signed up for

Which is to do what the President says.

The President is their commander in chief, so unless they're mutinying they are following him.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Well I have heard more respectful comments from Troops about our current POTUS.

But this video is just a spin, and an old one at that.

Matt

he is a spot in history, that will be a memory in 2 more years!

Bwahahahaaa ...

That from a man who surely is no more a teenager since a looong time. :o

As long as every soldier is paid, every soldier will follow every president in office.

Your post is BS.

:ph34r:

dudeist skydiver # 3105

And yours is nothing but an opinion, one of which means nothing to me , since you must be wayyyy young to think 50's is that old!:S

Ask any soldier who they respect, the President, OR their Commanding Officer...get back to me with your answer's...they are doing their job "Despite" who is in office!

Ask a couple of high ranking folks that were in the military that you probably know and have jumped with, Gypsy. Retired during GWB's run because of the ineptness of Rumsfeld.

I played golf one day with a really nice young man from the Marines. He had been injured in an IED explosion. He was a sniper and was being discharged due to his injuries. Off to Blackwater for him. He was sick of the war, sick of Bush, sick of Rumsfeld and just wanted to make some real money and stop being such a target in Iraq, riding around in humvees. For every guy like him there were probably equal numbers happy with their military jobs and happy with GWB.

Rumsfeld wasn't even signing the letters to fallen troops parents. He had an aide stamp his signature. Talk about no respect for the military. And how many requests did he turn down for extra troops in the begining?

Obama kept GWB's Defense chief.
He wanted some continuity for our military operations.

You can argue all day about who has or hasn't respect for our troops. It just depends what side of the coin you are on for the arguments.

I think you can cry all you want about Obamacare, taxes, the democrats etc, but to say the president doesn't care about our military men and women is a bullshit move.