wayneflorida

German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend

The problem with 16 is that we are confering "adult" status to their sexuality, but they can't vote, smoke, drink, buy guns, get decent insurance rates, etc. until they are 18, 21, 24, etc.

It just seems like these laws are a throwback days gone past and I'm surprised we don't here more cases of 16 year olds being legally taken advantage of.

Wow. My puritanical upbringing is really showing itself, huh? :D:ph34r::D

Without reading all the states provision, you have it backwards.

If the age of consent is 16, the "age gap" applies if the minor is YOUNGER than 16. For example. the alaska statute:

An offender commits the crime of sexual abuse of a minor in the second degree if (1) being 16 years of age or older, the offender engages in sexual penetration with a person who is 13, 14, or 15 years of age and at least three years younger than the offender

This, coming from the guys who married a woman older than him.:D

Several states have 'age gap' exceptions even if the person is past the age of consent.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Without reading all the states provision, you have it backwards.

If the age of consent is 16, the "age gap" applies if the minor is YOUNGER than 16. For example. the alaska statute:

An offender commits the crime of sexual abuse of a minor in the second degree if (1) being 16 years of age or older, the offender engages in sexual penetration with a person who is 13, 14, or 15 years of age and at least three years younger than the offender

This, coming from the guys who married a woman older than him.:D

Several states have 'age gap' exceptions even if the person is past the age of consent.

here, below 16, max. difference of 3yrs, if more with parental consent, after 16 it's up to the boy/girl..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

There`s been nuff said about the legal age etc here in Germany.

I just wanted to state the fact, that this is something really extreme and almost everybody here would never ever do something like this even if his daughter had an "older man" friend 40 years older.

Things are different when it comes to people who grew up in Russia and came here on the basis that their fore-fore-fore-bearers (about 300 years ago) went from one of the German countries to Russia... No offence meant, just stating a fact.
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

[I'm curious, how do you think that the UK's attitude to sex is different from the rest of Europe?

Well aren't most of the UK more interested in buggering other men than young women? :>)

Blues,
DJ

LOL... Sounds like you had an interesting holiday experience!
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

That didnt sound like it would make sense, and I just read summaries of all 50 states statutes. Didnt see any such provisions. Which states would those be?

PS: Utah has the weirdest statute... 18 age of consent, but a 16 year old can have sex with someone up to 10 years older... Wonder how religion shaped that one... [:/]
Remster

Is not something being missed here? A) His Winkie still works. & B) Weren't ancient Eunuchs very popular w/the women of the harems they guarded? I remember reading somewhere they were reputed to have great staying power. W/testosterone replacement therapy, this guy might end up being a happy perv...

That didnt sound like it would make sense, and I just read summaries of all 50 states statutes. Didnt see any such provisions. Which states would those be?

I was just reading the Pennsylvania statute and though the age of consent is set at 16, they still have a corruption of minors section which is a misdemeanor.

§ 6301 Corruption of minors:

The question of whether consensual intercourse with a minor 16 years or older tends to corrupt the morals of that minor is a jury question to be decided by the "common sense of the community."

Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Is not something being missed here? A) His Winkie still works. & B) Weren't ancient Eunuchs very popular w/the women of the harems they guarded? I remember reading somewhere they were reputed to have great staying power. W/testosterone replacement therapy, this guy might end up being a happy perv...

An interesting read, (if the men guarding the harems were popular its was most likely only as shopping buddys!)

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/84/12/4324
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

[I'm curious, how do you think that the UK's attitude to sex is different from the rest of Europe?

Well aren't most of the UK more interested in buggering other men than young women? :>)

Blues,
DJ

LOL! Now I've never been across the pond but with all the transvestites on the British TV programing we have here (MontyPython et al)what other conclusion could I have?

It may be unwarranted but let me tell you that the average man in the street in the US believes that their is more sex amongst men in England than between all the Roman Catholic priests and altar boys across the entire globe!!

BlueSkies,
DJ

>Here's a case where I would agree with eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.

So the father loses his balls too?

nope, he has to have sex with a woman that's well in her 90's! :D:D:D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Blues,
DJ

LOL! Now I've never been across the pond but with all the transvestites on the British TV programing we have here (MontyPython et al)what other conclusion could I have?

It may be unwarranted but let me tell you that the average man in the street in the US believes that their is more sex amongst men in England than between all the Roman Catholic priests and altar boys across the entire globe!!

BlueSkies,
DJ

you may need to get out more..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I can see the victim living comfortably

He
has
no
balls

think of all the additional clothing options and legstrap configs he can wear without care of discomfort

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Several states have laws where, if the perpetrator is in a position of authority, the age of consent becomes 18. Alaska, Connecticut, Illinois, Iowa (school), Maryland, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Mexico (school), North Carolina (school), Texas (school), Washington,

Massachusetts has a 'chaste life' exception where the age of consent becomes 18.

PS: Utah has the weirdest statute... 18 age of consent, but a 16 year old can have sex with someone up to 10 years older... Wonder how religion shaped that one... [:/]

Colorado has something like that, as does Delaware, Florida, Vermont - are those due to religion, too, or are you just maybe jumping to conclusions?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>So his days of being a sex predator are now over.

And the days of the father being a sexual target in prison may be just beginning!

Well, I'm sure the "cock-less" oldie is giving a sh*t about this.

OTOH:

Now, he's too old to become a famous soprano singer in the opera, he just has to follow few new rules:

Use skin lotion every day to keep your skin velvety, inform yourself about bra sizes .... A lot to do for a man w/o balls. Really. And shopping tours are exhausting.

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Mike is correct. I'm not going to look them up now; but the public policy behind such "age gap" legislation is so that, for example, the 17 or 18 year old kid who has fully consensual sex with his 15 or 16 year old girlfriend doesn't wind up getting labeled a convicted sex offender for the rest of his life.

Yes. Many states have "authority position" exceptions. They are not "age gap" provisions. They simply move the age of consent up for these situations.

Colorado has something like that, as does Delaware, Florida, Vermont - are those due to religion, too, or are you just maybe jumping to conclusions?

You're right. Delaware has something similar (even more permissive, even tho they both start with a age of consent of 30). The others, no at much. The "10 years" jumped at me. Point taken tho.

I'm still thinking that religion influenced things in Utah. Yep, I'm prejudiced. :P
Remster

Mike is correct. I'm not going to look them up now; but the public policy behind such "age gap" legislation is so that, for example, the 17 or 18 year old kid who has fully consensual sex with his 15 or 16 year old girlfriend doesn't wind up getting labeled a convicted sex offender for the rest of his life.

That is what I understood as what I was saying (I guess I'm not that clear!).

I though Mike was going in the other direction: if a child is OVER the age of consent, say 17 in a state where the age of consent is 16, that there is an age gap that applies to a someone having sexual interaction with them (say, more than 15 years for arguments sake). I cant find anything like that.
Remster