wayneflorida

German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend

A 17 year old is considered more mature that on here. Indeed, a 17 year old having sex here could, and probably would, result in someone going to jail in many states.

Obviously, to me anyway, German laws are different else the LE response would have been different.

European (well, except for England if you consider them European) views on sex are more mature than here.

Wait a minute...YOU are European...and you don't know how different you are from us?
:P

Here's a protective father taking the law into his own hands. I can see the victim living comfortably on the father's money for the rest of his life.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

in fact, here a 16yrs old is legal to have sex with who ever. they can also drink beer, no hard liquor tough, that's reserved for 18+.

but not many of us fight in wars and kill people before the age of 20, when usually somebody has made an apprenctice or college.. ;)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

a 17 year old having sex here could, and probably would, result in someone going to jail in many states.

Are you sure about that?

To my surprise, I counted approximately 30 U.S states where the age of consent was 16...

There were only 10 states where it was 18.

Some states like Hawaii allow a 14 year old to consent with a 19 year old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

To my surprise, I counted approximately 30 U.S states where the age of consent was 16...

But in the vast majority (if not all of those states it's illegal for a 46 year old and a 16 year old to have sex.

I dont think you understand what the age of consent is.
Remster

But in the vast majority (if not all of those states it's illegal for a 46 year old and a 16 year old to have sex.

Why didn't you explain it then as opposed to simply taking a shot across the bow?

a 17 year old having sex here could, and probably would, result in someone going to jail in many states.

Are you sure about that?

Yup. If they want you, they'll get you. Nobody says the bust has to fall under age of consent laws. In many states a 17-year old is considered a minor. You may want to be very, very careful when dealing with minors in any capacity.

Here's a case where I would agree with eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.
Things are different in Germany.

how exactly, are they different!?

It's common use to cut off the balls of sexual offenders over here. How do you *work* on that matter in CH?

What gets cut off when the offender is a woman?

Here's a case where I would agree with eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.
Things are different in Germany.

how exactly, are they different!?

It's common use to cut off the balls of sexual offenders over here. How do you *work* on that matter in CH?

What gets cut off when the offender is a woman?

The joy ride?:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Why didn't you explain it then as opposed to simply taking a shot across the bow?

He has it out for me. [:/]:):D

I did a little google searching. I am not that familiar with age of consent, but I was aware of the "age gap rules" AKA age gap provisions. In most of those states where 16 year olds can consent there is an age gap provision. In other words....if I as a 30 year old go and shack up with a 16 year old in that state...not only am I dirty old man...I'm probably breaking the law and could be charged with a felony.:|

He has it out for me. [:/]:):D

I did a little google searching. I am not that familiar with age of consent, but I was aware of the "age gap rules" AKA age gap provisions. In most of those states where 16 year olds can consent there is an age gap provision. In other words....if I as a 30 year old go and shack up with a 16 year old in that state...not only am I dirty old man...I'm probably breaking the law and could be charged with a felony.:|

Without reading all the states provision, you have it backwards.

If the age of consent is 16, the "age gap" applies if the minor is YOUNGER than 16. For example. the alaska statute:

An offender commits the crime of sexual abuse of a minor in the second degree if (1) being 16 years of age or older, the offender engages in sexual penetration with a person who is 13, 14, or 15 years of age and at least three years younger than the offender

This, coming from the guys who married a woman older than him.:D
Remster

A 17 year old is considered more mature that on here. Indeed, a 17 year old having sex here could, and probably would, result in someone going to jail in many states.

Obviously, to me anyway, German laws are different else the LE response would have been different.

European (well, except for England if you consider them European) views on sex are more mature than here.

Wait a minute...YOU are European...and you don't know how different you are from us?
:P

Here's a protective father taking the law into his own hands. I can see the victim living comfortably on the father's money for the rest of his life.

I'm curious, how do you think that the UK's attitude to sex is different from the rest of Europe?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Yup. If they want you, they'll get you. Nobody says the bust has to fall under age of consent laws.

Then they should just change the Law...

In many states a 17-year old is considered a minor.

...but we are talking about age of consent...but ya...if you consider 10 out of 50 as "many" then I guess you're right...

You may want to be very, very careful when dealing with minors in any capacity.

Eh, I'm not worried about it...I chase cougars.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Without reading all the states provision, you have it backwards.

It appears you are right. Not the first time I got it backwards. :D

Hummm...Those laws are fucked up. That provision really should run both ways.[:/]

Really? To me it's actually very fair minded. Set a age where the person is considered an adult and is therefore able to make their sexual decisions. If they want o have sex with a 50 year old, its their call (now, the debate as to 16 is mature enough is something else).

Then, if the person is younger than that, sexual contact with someone older is not a criminal act unless that other person is significantly older.
Remster