skyrider

Muslim Caller Owned By Radio Host

>But we are trying to kill them.

Like I said, both are about as BS. In neither case are the majority of one trying to kill the majority of the other. In both cases you can find examples of them trying to do just that.

If only it were that simple...[:/]
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

What's happening in the Muslim community with Muslims not publicly speaking out about the attocities, shunning, or distancing themslves is very similar to the Catholic Church molestation issues albeit on a different scale.

Religious groups just don't police themselves. :(

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

truly pathetic bigotry. what exactly are you doing different than the people you hate so much? jerking off to this propaganda trying to spread your hate around the internet, promoting the idea of exterminating another race. Seriously, what makes you think you're any better than anyone? get a fucking life and stop embarrassing this country, because like muslims, not all of us are full of hate.

They (Muslims) are a "Race"? :oseriously??[:/]

BTW, I am not the radio host....yer talking to the wrong person...

It goes to show the intellect and understanding of those that try to argue for the Muslim Race.

Sad, really, that they care so much about not offending anyone, that they give up their own self respect in the process. (Well, not anyone)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It goes to show the intellect and understanding of those that try to argue for the Muslim Race.

So, much for your nedism zen...didn't last long, did it?;)

You must be missing the sarcasm -

Or you think that the muslims are a race unto themselves as well.

Do you beileve that there is a Christian Race?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

no, I saw that...it just wasn't relevant to my reply..."muslims" would've worked just fine.

No...I know muslims that look just like me, and I'm a cracker ass pollock.:D

yes...

Acts 20:24
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.

Galatians 2:2
I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain.

Galatians 5:7
You were running a good race. Who cut in on you to keep you from obeying the truth?

Hebrews 12:1-3
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

2 Timothy 4:7
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

no, I saw that...it just wasn't relevant to my reply..."muslims" would've worked just fine.

No...I know muslims that look just like me, and I'm a cracker ass pollock.:D

yes...

Acts 20:24
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.

Galatians 2:2
I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain.

Galatians 5:7
You were running a good race. Who cut in on you to keep you from obeying the truth?

Hebrews 12:1-3
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

2 Timothy 4:7
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

I, for one, would have thought there was sin in using scripture to mock and joke.[:/]

I, for one, would have thought there was sin in using scripture to mock and joke.

I'm not mocking nor joking...these are the words of life...I try to use every opportuninty I get to share it...analogy, joke, mock or not.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23
Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

I think Islam is definately the more fucked up of all Abrahamic Religions.

This is not a dig; but I respectfully suggest your comment stems as much from the universal human tendency to be culturally myopic as anything else.

Islam dictates more hardships on people than any other major religion, especially on its followers. If Christians had the same religious fervor it would be the same here.

I think Islam is definately the more fucked up of all Abrahamic Religions.

This is not a dig; but I respectfully suggest your comment stems as much from the universal human tendency to be culturally myopic as anything else.

Islam dictates more hardships on people than any other major religion, especially on its followers. If Christians had the same religious fervor it would be the same here.

I think you're unduly discounting those raised in very strict Baptist or Pentacostal families, or very strict Catholic families (especially outside the US), or very strict orthodox Jewish families.

I'd also hope to hear the viewpoint of some of the Muslim members of this forum.

I think you're unduly discounting those raised in very strict Baptist or Pentacostal families, or very strict Catholic families (especially outside the US), or very strict orthodox Jewish families.

No, I'm not. Judaism, Catholicism and Christianity definately have an abundance of people who take the bible at face value in regards to the treatmeant of people (punshments, laws, etc...). I could care less if someone thinks the earth is only 10k yo; it's the medieval treatment that many Muslim-majority countries impose on people that puts Islam at the top of my list.

For the most part, countries with a Christian majority have moved with the times. However, in Muslim-majority countries there are still many archaic practices that are accepted by a large majority of the people (child marriage [rape?], stoning, death penalty for adultry and conflicting with the government/Islam). The number of Muslims who accept such standards are far more than the number of Christians and Jews.

I guess you could say it is a difference in culture/society, but when Islamic law comes to play it really is hard to pinpoint a root cause being anything other than the religion.

I'd also hope to hear the viewpoint of some of the Muslim members of this forum.

I would too. The six million+ Muslims that live in the U.S. (and Europe) don't accept the more extreme parts of Sharia law. It would be interesting to know what they think about child marriage, the ill treatment of women, and some of the norm practices going on with Islam.

As Andy pointed out and what I've already known, the same goes on with other religions; it's just more widespread and accepted in Islam than in Christianity.

[
As Andy pointed out and what I've already known, the same goes on with other religions; it's just more widespread and accepted in Islam than in Christianity.

There is a difference though. I'm sure that many people who are not Muslim have not read the Qur'an, and so assume it is much like the Bible. They are completely different, and this matters on the basis of being the guides for one's religion!

The Christian Bible is a collection of verses written by many people over a long period of time. Many of these passages conflict, and there are stories and metaphors that teach us the lessons of christ. There is a certain amount of interpretation which is necessary to make sense of it all.

The Qur'an is of course completely different. It is a book written by one man in his lifetime, and contains mostly direct commands. It even explains how to deal with contradictions ; if two passages conflict the later one takes precedence. Thus there is nothing to interpret.

As such, religions like Christianity can grow while religions like Islam cannot. If you feel as if the prevailing attitude of Christianity is wrong somehow, you can challenge it. This is not so with Islam in the strictest sense, because the Qur'an is quite explicit on how you follow it.

The muslims you explain who live in the US and Europe may or may not respect Sharia Law. I don't know and I can't speak for them. But if they follow their religion, there is no way for them to ignore it since Islam encompasses much more of one's life than does christianity. While Christianity means only to guide one morally and spiritually, Islam governs that, plus Government structure, property law, marriage law, and many many others, all of which are commanded in the Qur'an.

This of course provides a built in barrier for Muslims to criticize each other and affect change, which is the real issue. Of course most Muslims are peaceful, that's not the point. The point is that the majority of Muslims allow this to go on, and allow their governments to be run by extremists.

While Christianity means only to guide one morally and spiritually

No...christaianity means denying yourself.

Philippians 2:5-8
Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Matthew 16:24-26
Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?

This radio host has fallen victim to the seduction of bigotry. On some level bigotry can feel very appealing.

What he fails to consider is the practical result of such a mentality. Do you really want to let the terrorists set the rules of the game? You can make the conflict about terrorists and have a few thousand enemies, or you can imagine it to be about Islam and have 700 million+ enemies.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

This radio host has fallen victim to the seduction of bigotry. On some level bigotry can feel very appealing.

What he fails to consider is the practical result of such a mentality. Do you really want to let the terrorists set the rules of the game? You can make the conflict about terrorists and have a few thousand enemies, or you can imagine it to be about Islam and have 700 million+ enemies.

Or you can miss the point completly..Silent Muslims are every bit as guilty as the silent Catholics that did not speak out against molestation charges being hidden!

If there is such a thing as Peaceful Muslims, they should be protesting....and Loudly!

Your previous post was opinionated bigotry, based on ill-informed tainted wackery.

The caller was not "owned" but the host had ONE valid point, why did the caller wait till then to call? Well, like most of us, the caller had finally had enough of the BS and in reaching his limit calmly tried to discuss it.

It is true the EXTREMISTS are Muslim's, but are they true in their practice of Islam?

Sure, one can go and find an Imam spouting "death to the Infidels" over and over, but is that a true member of Islam or another extremist?

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!