Skyrad

Catholics burn poppies in Armagh

Do you have any idea how many soldiers in the British Army are Irish? The last soldier to die in Afghanistan on Sunday was from the Royal Irish Regiment. Recruitment from the Republic of Ireland into the British Army has increased four fold in the last two years. How many tens of thousands of Irishmen died in WWI? How many more in WWII?
And how many soldiers took part in Bloody Sunday? That argument is a nonsense spouted by republicans clutching at straws.

I'm not saying that people should be burning or vandalizing anything, or that there aren't Irish soldiers in the British Army, or that Ireland hasn't lost any soldiers. Ireland lost over 35,000 in World War I. All I'm saying is that it could still be a very politically charged issue, as there are still tensions in Northern Ireland.

Do you have any idea how many soldiers in the British Army are Irish? The last soldier to die in Afghanistan on Sunday was from the Royal Irish Regiment. Recruitment from the Republic of Ireland into the British Army has increased four fold in the last two years. How many tens of thousands of Irishmen died in WWI? How many more in WWII?
And how many soldiers took part in Bloody Sunday? That argument is a nonsense spouted by republicans clutching at straws.

I'm not saying that people should be burning or vandalizing anything, or that there aren't Irish soldiers in the British Army, or that Ireland hasn't lost any soldiers. Ireland lost over 35,000 in World War I. All I'm saying is that it could still be a very politically charged issue, as there are still tensions in Northern Ireland.

"Politcally" charged, NOT fead by Bible /Quran versus , two totally different subjects!

"Politcally" charged, NOT fead by Bible /Quran versus , two totally different subjects!

I was replying to the original post. :)

Quit lamenting. It only were few on Bloody Sunday.

The most important is, this guy still is alive:

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/33929/Bush_singt_Sunday_Bloody_Sunday

:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

How many hands have Cotholics chopped off in the past 30 years?, How many Beheadings? , how many innocent people killed in the damn of Jesus?

You are comparing Apples to Grapes!

I fail to see how a timeline is relevant? Did we at some point just evolve into more moral people (Who decides that point)? Can one place a number on when religious atrocities transferred from being forgiveable to wrong? You say how many in the past 30 years, I'll say how many in the past 500 years.

Remember that Islam is the younger religion, and at this time in Christianity's lifespan there were equally as disgusting acts committed in the name of that God.

You can't pick a period and use it as an example of one being better than the other. Maybe if I join some other religion, then go out and perform a spree killing one can use a 2 week period to define that religion as the most violent.

at first I thought the thread title was

Catholics burn puppies in Armagh

[:/]
it would have been more interesting

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

How many hands have Cotholics chopped off in the past 30 years?, How many Beheadings? , how many innocent people killed in the damn of Jesus?

You are comparing Apples to Grapes!

I fail to see how a timeline is relevant? Did we at some point just evolve into more moral people (Who decides that point)? Can one place a number on when religious atrocities transferred from being forgiveable to wrong? You say how many in the past 30 years, I'll say how many in the past 500 years.

Remember that Islam is the younger religion, and at this time in Christianity's lifespan there were equally as disgusting acts committed in the name of that God.

You can't pick a period and use it as an example of one being better than the other. Maybe if I join some other religion, then go out and perform a spree killing one can use a 2 week period to define that religion as the most violent.

Yes , we can set a time line, when communictation and travel improved to where man was educated to other parts of the world , then civilization follows {Most places}

The Muslim world still lives by the way things were 3,000 years ago...They still follow sharia law....

Plus the OP was comparing Catholics to Muslims, seemed fitting to use them as the answer!

You seem to be forgetting about communication, technology, and travel . . . all three tie into it. Last I heard, 500 years ago, the internet wasn't available, planes didn't exist, and you couldn't just dial up somone on an iphone, let alone read any books on line, or have wikipedia.

It seems MUCH more likely that these people are refusing the education and information available to them. They are also being denied the information available to control them, and coerce them into ignorance.

It is the leaders of the religion that are responsible for that.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I fail to see how a timeline is relevant?

Even if time line is relevant. How many wars have we started in the past 30 years.

I love it when SOME people talk about hands being chopped off yet they think blowing up children for a false war is just fine. killing 100000K + of people with tanks, bombs, and smart bombs is ok.

So how many people were killed by the hands of American Christian solders the past 30 years?

How many of those wars were optional wars?

How many of them we had no real reason for other then tried to kill my daddy?

You know the answer any one with the power to read knows the answer.

However these racists will twist and turn as they have no moral or ethical spin, They have hate and will change the tone simply to fit there agenda.

I have more respect of KKK members they don’t even try to rationalize there hate they simply state we hate the people they hate just for being.

I actually think that’s better for society then having a bunch of sheep who think there is a real reason for their hate.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I always wonder how they would feel if every rape, murder, and etc was reported on the news mentioning the persons religion.

A Christian child goes in to a school and kills 40 kids. What’s wrong with Jesus? I think it must be his Christina upbringing. I mean that can only be what explains it.
Christians seem to be very violent people proven by the amount of gun violence you see in there society.

Another 100 blind kids were molested by catholic priests. Why do Christians like to molest children?

Hey Christians have you denounced child rape? I didn’t see you out side with a sign saying I am agents child rape why is that?

Young man gets killed today by a Christian boy

Male Christian college students gang rape young girl.

And on and on and on.

You have a lot more patience then me, but know one thing facts, reasons, logic none of these things that work on intelligent men and woman well work on hateful racists.

They are not looking for reasons and knowledge to understand, they are excluding all knowledge and facts that challenge their understanding.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Even if time line is relevant. How many wars have we started in the past 30 years.

I love it when SOME people talk about hands being chopped off yet they think blowing up children for a false war is just fine. killing 100000K + of people with tanks, bombs, and smart bombs is ok.

So how many people were killed by the hands of American Christian solders the past 30 years?

However these racists will twist and turn as they have no moral or ethical spin, They have hate and will change the tone simply to fit there agenda.

I have more respect of KKK members they don’t even try to rationalize there hate they simply state we hate the people they hate just for being.

I actually think that’s better for society then having a bunch of sheep who think there is a real reason for their hate.

So, by your above statements, one can easily come to the conclusion that you agree or, at least, do not disagree with what the atrocities that the muslim community has taken part in.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

So, by your above statements, one can easily come to the conclusion that you agree or, at least, do not disagree with what the atrocities that the muslim community has taken part in.

Looked to me like his point was that NONE of it was okay, no matter what deity people claimed was on their side.

"American Christian Soldiers????

Are you fucking kidding me?

What "Christian Army" does America control?

I only have one actice military buddy that is christian...3 that are jewish, the rest...don';t giev a shit abotu religion...

HOW do you make a "Christian" army out of mixes like that?

Curious...Are you Muslim? I am Athiest, ( I gave up my beliefs first, before asking, and it is NOT personal Mr. one warning man) I am curious , of your beliefs , they often seem driven by more than just opinion, .... Is there a reason?

I disagree, I haven't forgotten travel and communication. These are things that have evolved with time, there wasn't a period where all of them just sprang up.

For example, your argument could have been the same a hundred years ago, just changed where appropriate.

Hypothetically back then one could also argue "But before travel was far less evolved".

And on the front of technology and communication, it remains almost meaningless in this discussion.

I fail to see how internet comes into play with regards to violence within a religion, at least historically. The violence in Christianity for the most part ended long before the internet, most of it even before modern transport.

Making it impossible to suggest that an increase in the availability of data through technology results in a religion's separation from extremist behaviour.

I'm the last person you need to convince about coercion into ignorance within a religion. Though again, look back to Christianity when it was in the same age as Islam is now- it was almost identical. Promoting the end to 'science' and choosing ignorance over fact. It is all part of a religion's life cycle it seems.

As stated before, I think it's definitely not accurate to praise technology for the ending of religious militia within Christianity when it seemed to happen long before that. And if you choose to list just an increase in basic education for the cause, then again that becomes relative as education levels is something that is forever changing.

I think what makes a religion or even a civilization more 'humane' is time. It seems to take centuries for religious sects to see that they are going about it the wrong way.

I agree that the militant Islamic teachings are disgusting, sexist and oppressive for the most part- but I won't say that other religious teachings weren't also at some stage. Islam will evolve with time, I know everyone wishes it were now but it will happen when it happens sadly- all religions seem to have those few hundred years of violence.

Looked to me like his point was that NONE of it was okay, no matter what deity people claimed was on their side.

I didn't see the neutrality - I read a lot of "sided" interest.[:/]

I fail to see how internet comes into play with regards to violence within a religion, at least historically. The violence in Christianity for the most part ended long before the internet, most of it even before modern transport.

I see your point. I really do. I just think that the medevil way of thinking and oppression should be able to be stopped, if the leaders of the religion would allow their people to be educated about the rest of the world and more open to free will.

Otherwise noone has any choice but to implicate, if not copmpletely blame the Muslim leaders for their part in ignoring, and condoning the actions of the extremists, which are the direct cause of the current opinion the world has against the Muslims.