skyrider

Greatest Hits (video)

I rather see all the big bloopers on all sides. There is plenty to go around. Congress should take a reduction in pay, in addition to pay freezes and elimination of pensions, for starters.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

I agree about a non-partisan best bloopers tape; that'd be awesome. I agree they're overpaid as long as they don't have to pay their own travel expenses.

My thoughts are that travel back and forth to the district before and after sessions should be covered by the gov't -- it's how they keep in touch with people. Fact-finding tours (aka junkets or boondoggles :P) can be valuable, but need more oversight.

The reliance on automatic cost-of-living increases is chickenshit. The Constitution makes it very clear that Congress is authorized to raise its own pay, but I do think that it should be done in the open, as was the case until 1968. One thing that might increase the turnover would be if COLA increases only applied to people not currently serving :)

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Congress should take a reduction in pay, in addition to pay freezes and elimination of pensions, for starters.

Sure, because what we really need is for congress to become even more the private realm of the super-rich than it already is. Why not just restrict eligibility to people who are already wealthy enough that they don't need any salary at all? They're sure to be the ones who really have their finger on the pulse of what concerns "real Americans".

Don

Super Rich? What on earth are you talking about? I am just saying that instead the current pay they get, which is well over 100k a year make it more like 80k a year. Both sides of the aisle are just raking in and ridiculous amount of money, to see some vacant seats in congress. What is their excuse? For that amount they should be working on the clock and BE THERE.

You don't need to get excited about it, not all of them are millionaires, but most of them become rich while there. This should not be a job where you should be able to get rich. Working for the people should be no less, no more different than the real world, where hard work, and ingenuity gets compensated well. Not "being a politician" makes you super rich and powerful.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

I agree about a non-partisan best bloopers tape

Ya...that'd be awesome...I'd buy it...the money should go toward the deficit.

So let's see, a two-disc cd collection at $20 times 500 million Americans without jobs is like 100 billion dollars.;)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Funny vid, thanks for the good laugh :D

I luaghed my ass off...then realised what I was laughing at....the assclowns in charge of our country...:o>:(

What do you expect from the "sociali . . . basicly . . . the government take over of all buisnesses" people?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun