ALCU & AUSCS Press to Remove Christian Flag from War Memorial

There's also a sculpture they don't like.

And not one word about the separation of mosque and state, or the 2nd Amendment.

Their decency knows no bounds; but then we already knew that about them.

Story
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Can I put up my Atheist flag? or my Muslim flag?Or may be my Satanic flag?. Some how I think all of you thumpers might have a problem with that. If tax payer money is being used, no can do, It's in the constitution. Build you're own Christian memorial.

Thanks for the reminder to send a check off to the good people at the ACLU for fighting for our rights.

http://www.aclu.org/

And not one word about the separation of mosque and state, or the 2nd Amendment.

There's no reference in the article about Muslims or mosques; and - when intellectually honest - we all know that the word "church" in "separation of church and state" is a generic short-hand for "religion", which would include, for example, synagogues or Buddhist temples, too. But that's OK, Mark; we wouldn't want to deprive you of your daily chance to get in a cheap bash at Muslims, even when it's really a stre-e-e-tch.

Nothing in the article about guns or the 2nd Amendment, either.

Really, Mark, you're an intelligent guy. There's plenty of well-founded, intelligent discourse in support of a conservative viewpoint that you could offer, if only you tried. Why do you grovel in this level of cheap shit?

Can I put up my Atheist flag?.

Wow...Athiests and Christians have flags...that is weird wild stuff...I did not know that.

Build you're own Christian memorial.

From the article, it looks like they may just buy it.;)

Thanks for the reminder to send a check off to the good people at the ACLU for fighting for our rights.

Ya I just hate it when religious flags block my view of the clear blue skies...so irratating...so oppressive.

I think that if people tear down religious relics and chizzle out religious inscriptions on public buildings, they are in fact displaying the Athiest faith of nothingness...therfore all public buildings, especially those of politicians should be decorated with cartoon characters such as Betty Boob, Speedy Gonzalez, Porky Pig, Yosemite Sam, Fat Albert, The Grinch, Joe Camel, Mr. Kool-Aid!

What a joke....sometimes this seperation of church and state just seems to go to far.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

This quote from the article, ""We've let our religious freedoms and constitutional rights be stripped away one by one, and I think it's time we took a stand," King resident James Joyce said." reminds me a lot of this.

Don

...separation of mosque and state...

Your bigoted slip is showing again.

PC flag is thrown

Another example of the PC crowd using their tools Wend[:/]y
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To:
Build you're own Christian memorial.

In Reply To:
From the article, it looks like they may just buy it.
-----------------------------------------

FYI: All funds to build the memorial were privately donated. The city has not spent 1 penny on the memorial, outside of normal maintenance of the entire park that the memorial sits on.
Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

I think that if people tear down religious relics and chizzle out religious inscriptions on public buildings, they are in fact displaying the Athiest faith

No, most people who tear down religious relics are usually displaying faith in a different religion (or bizarrely, in the case of the Wahabists, their own).
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

From the OP's source:

Mayor Jack Warren said the city won't make a decision until it can go over its options with legal counsel. One possibility is designating a flag pole at the memorial for the display of any religious emblem, he said. Another is selling or donating the memorial to a veterans organization, essentially privatizing it.

I'm fine with that. Sell it for a dollar if that's what it takes.

Still from the OP's source:

"We've let our religious freedoms and constitutional rights be stripped away one by one, and I think it's time we took a stand," King resident James Joyce said.

And rights have been stripped away?

"Dey took 're jobs!"