skyrider

Jerry Brown Pledges College Admission For Illegals

>and it would have to involve the illegal turning themselves in, and then
>convincing INS that they have something to offer in return for a student
>visa.....and taking the chance that they might just be deported for the
>criminal act in the first place....

If it was the policy of the INS to not deport someone under those conditions (provided that they had not committed any other crimes etc) then sure, that would be a good way to do it.

right, so a policy of allowing illegals to turn themselves in and make a personal case for staying is a good change - vs policies that just allow carte blanche for anyone and everyone to stay after committing the crime as a bad choice

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>Because "they" didn't pay the price that Millions of other imigrants payed to
>come here,, "Legally"..WHY do they deserve to be treated like anything
>short of criminals?

Because many are not - and we should not treat people who want to pay for their schooling, and pay taxes and work hard, like criminals.

It should be easy for anyone without a criminal record to walk into the US and pay for schooling, get a job, or visit a friend. We did not become the country we are by keeping immigrants out.

And once again we have the left putting little halo's over the heads of the folks crossing the border illegally.

I agree that it needs to be easier for people to get in but until you gain control of the southern border it's stupid to ease the requirements.

Nightingale...the technology exists to close the southern border. We just don't have enough politicos willing to grow some and require it. They know it would damage the economy to have to pay minimum wage to some former welfare recipient to work the fields, and the welfare recipient has no reason to do that as long as he's on his uncle's tit.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

>And once again we have the left putting little halo's over the heads
>of the folks crossing the border illegally.

No halos. Nor is a two month old baby an evil hardened criminal for crossing the border in his mother's arms.

>I agree that it needs to be easier for people to get in but until you gain
>control of the southern border it's stupid to ease the requirements.

Until you ease the requirements you will never gain control, sort of a trillion+ dollar fence. It's really not as easy as going to Home Depot, hiring some Mexicans and putting in some chain link.

>Because "they" didn't pay the price that Millions of other imigrants payed to
>come here,, "Legally"..WHY do they deserve to be treated like anything
>short of criminals?

Because many are not - and we should not treat people who want to pay for their schooling, and pay taxes and work hard, like criminals.

It should be easy for anyone without a criminal record to walk into the US and pay for schooling, get a job, or visit a friend. We did not become the country we are by keeping immigrants out.

so the immigrants that broke US law and came here outside of the system. Those are the ones you're referring to when you say "many are not" criminals?

I just want to be clear that you're referring to the people that chose to break federal immigration laws and not their children who were born here.
--
Rob

>I just want to be clear that you're referring to the people that chose to break
>federal immigration laws and not their children who were born here.

No. Specifically I am referring to the children who were born outside the US and brought here by their parents. Their parents committed a crime - the children did not.

ok... we can probably even find US legal precedent for minors who were involved in crimes through fault of their parents being exonerated.

kids dragged here didn't commit the crime of entering the country illegally. Because of the situation they are in, many end up committing ID fraud of some sort though while trying to get a job. That's a different problem.
--
Rob

As long as they're paying non-resident tuition...

They are "ILLEGAL"....

Yeah... that makes them non residents. I don't care if they want to go to school, I just don't want them doing it on my dime. If they wanna pay the full cost of tuition, doesn't bother me, and perhaps when they return home they can help raise the standard of living there so we won't have so many here.

the ONLY way to guarantee that is to deport them.
They are I L L E G A L !

Why is legality so overlooked when it comes to these people?

Why is it so difficult for someone to want to abide by the law?

It is proportionate and fair that only the people that help illegals stay hidden and in this country, even by inaction, should be fined to pay the bills that the illegals incurr whiule they are here.

I take steps, and have done more than my fair share and will continue to do my part in keeping illegal aliens from being here, living here, and working here. I should not have to pay for their bills, their education, their healthcare, or their food.

I want what I have paid for returned to me.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>I just want to be clear that you're referring to the people that chose to break
>federal immigration laws and not their children who were born here.
No. Specifically I am referring to the children who were born outside the US and brought here by their parents. Their parents committed a crime - the children did not.

these children are the one's you also are referring to as "hard workers" ?

Allow it, and it's an incentive for the whole family to return to the home country afterward, because they now have someone capable of supporting them.

You think an illegal is going to go back to the Country they came from? They came to the US because the job market sucked where they were from.

Hey, let them go to school... Let them pay the highest rate.

BUT the problem is we all know that once they can go to school.... They will soon get in State Tuition, then financial assistance.

While I think education is a good thing... People should not be rewarded for breaking the law even if you think the law is stupid. If you think the law is stupid... Change the law, don't do an end run around it.

>I want what I have paid for returned to me.

And if they were paying taxes - will you pay for their share after they are deported?

Already do. I also think we should start billing the governments responsible for the associated fees, travel fees, welfare, and housing that their citizens incurr while being deported, plus any damages done here while they were in this country illegally.

They are the resposibility of that country after all.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

>I want what I have paid for returned to me.

And if they were paying taxes - will you pay for their share after they are deported?

I would be more than happy to put my share in for what I have used.

if they pay non resident tuition, I don't think there would be any problem.

But imagine for a few seconds, that you're in this country illegally, lying to just about everyone about your residency status. When it comes time to fill out applications for college, are you going to claim that you've been in-state as a resident long enough to get in-state tuition, or are you going to tell the truth and pay international student tuition rates?

I thought this needed repeating. They lied to get into the country and get a job. What makes you thing they are going to tell the truth about anything else?

Why not dig up a few more fake documents to get a pell grant or other forms of tuition assistance? They can steal an identity get a student loan, get an education, then run back to your home country while the person who's identity you just stole is stuck with the bill. Why not? Chances are they already stole an identity to fill out paperwork for a job.

They are here illegally. They are already lying about many things, why not lie about a few more? Isn't stealing from the government a victimless crime?

Most importantly, when will I be able to go to Mexico and work their system the same way they work ours?:) The Mexican government needs to cough up a few more entitlements.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

>Most importantly, when will I be able to go to Mexico and work
>their system the same way they work ours?

Right now. The Mexican system is incredibly crooked; a few $$ and you can get all the fake documentation, medical care, government support etc that they will give any Mexican citizen.

Now ask yourself why almost no one does that.

>Most importantly, when will I be able to go to Mexico and work
>their system the same way they work ours?

Right now. The Mexican system is incredibly crooked; a few $$ and you can get all the fake documentation, medical care, government support etc that they will give any Mexican citizen.

Now ask yourself why almost no one does that.

Maybe because the government doesn't really provide anything for them? I know how corrupt their system is. If they provided any entitlements, their government would collapse, well fall worse than it already is.

I was really hoping you would address the stuff about illegals in my post though. That was the meat and potatoes of the post. Not about their failed and corrupt government.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

>Maybe because the government doesn't really provide anything for them?

And their economy sucks, and there aren't as many employment opportunities there - thus there is really no incentive to go there and do that.

>I was really hoping you would address the stuff about illegals in my post though.

You mean this:

"I thought this needed repeating. They lied to get into the country and get a job. What makes you thing they are going to tell the truth about anything else?"

To answer that I'll go back a few posts. If answering honestly on a form does not get them deported or arrested, then they will be more willing to answer honestly.

if they pay non resident tuition, I don't think there would be any problem. . .

I thought this needed repeating . . .

I do too.

I don't understand the amount of people here that condone illegal activities and admit it publicly.

You mean this:

"I thought this needed repeating. They lied to get into the country and get a job. What makes you thing they are going to tell the truth about anything else?"

To answer that I'll go back a few posts. If answering honestly on a form does not get them deported or arrested, then they will be more willing to answer honestly.

If they came into the country legally, there wouldn't need to be any lying or fear would there?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Once you start down the path of "what's breaking one small law?" or "everyone is doing it" the next lie or illegal act comes that much easier.

I guess if you don't like a law, go ahead and ignore it. By hook or by crook, I'm gonna get mine, I don't care what it does to the country.

There's a reason why U.S. VISA "requirements" vary from country to country. Having open borders for anyone with no criminal record we would create an entirely new problem for us. I don't think you understand how many people want to come to the U.S. for the long haul.

Good luck obtaining criminal records for most countries. Do you really think the Chinese, Nigerians and other governments are going to share their records with us?