quade

Holy Shit! Now THIS is what I call a personal attack!

Holy shit.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1319276/Scott-Jennifer-Petkovs-cruel-taunts-dying-Kathleen-Edwards-7.html

That's pretty fucked up.

I'm normally not a violent man, but if I was the father of this child and husband of the late mother . . .

. . . some people seriously need a beatin'.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Holy shit.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1319276/Scott-Jennifer-Petkovs-cruel-taunts-dying-Kathleen-Edwards-7.html

That's pretty fucked up.

I'm normally not a violent man, but if I was the father of this child and husband of the late mother . . .

1st amendment . . 1st amendment . . .

That woman needs to sort herself out.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I just don't see how people like her can sleep at night.

You and I, we have our disagreements, but we'd never pull this kind of shit.
quade -

I probably couldn't restrain myself. I bet they would be singing a different tune if it were their daughter on her deathbed. karma's a bitch...

That evil bitch isn't sorry at all. She's just sorry the story spread as far as it did and that now so many people know that she's a lowlife.

Lowlife??

I think she is evil
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

That evil bitch isn't sorry at all. She's just sorry the story spread as far as it did and that now so many people know that she's a lowlife.

Lowlife??

I think she is evil

Yes

I just think is was nice to insult the lowlifes by using that term on her

(but you are right, I did miss the part you pointed out):$

Hence the words "evil bitch."

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

+1 on that one.

You have to wonder what is rolling around in her head to attack a child and a family because of the horrible slight of not returning a text message quickly enough.

WTF

She really does not handle percieved rejection very well at all.

You can probably guess how I'd react>:( Pretty much the way I feel about the Westboro Church's antics. Correct, some people need a beating.

While Westboro is extraordinarily low and I don't have words to describe how awful and hateful I find their actions, I think this might be worse. I've heard some soldiers say regarding Westboro something like "What they do is terrible, and obviously we don't agree with what they're saying, but we fight to preserve their right to say it." Soldiers are adults and can have an adult perspective on it (and thank you to those who help shield their families, particularly their children, from Westboro's poison). This little girl had the misfortune to be born with a terrible disease and had a grandmother who didn't respond quickly enough to a text message sent by a terribly vindictive person. This isn't "free speech". It certainly looks like the type of situation that "intentional infliction of emotional distress" torts were invented for.

WBC might have a 1st amendment protection claim, but there is no way in hell this "evil bitch" does.

Those parents need to enjoy what time they can with their daughter and then go after this lady for everything her trashy ass has for intentional infliction of emotional distress.
Peace, love and hoppiness

While Westboro is extraordinarily low and I don't have words to describe how awful and hateful I find their actions, I think this might be worse. I've heard some soldiers say regarding Westboro something like "What they do is terrible, and obviously we don't agree with what they're saying, but we fight to preserve their right to say it." Soldiers are adults and can have an adult perspective on it (and thank you to those who help shield their families, particularly their children, from Westboro's poison). This little girl had the misfortune to be born with a terrible disease and had a grandmother who didn't respond quickly enough to a text message sent by a terribly vindictive person. This isn't "free speech". It certainly looks like the type of situation that "intentional infliction of emotional distress" torts were invented for.

Something else that sets this aside from WBC is that the demonstrations of the WBC can much more easily be written off as impersonal. The content vs. context of their protests are so nonsensical that it makes them easier to ignore (if not during the protests, certainly in the days/weeks that follow.)

This on the other hand is, in no uncertain terms, about them.

I just don't see how people like her can sleep at night.

You and I, we have our disagreements, but we'd never pull this kind of shit.

Well I never REALLY REALLY wanted my daughter to go to your duaghters party did I :S

Just wait until next time!:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

For me, it is more one of those situations so black and white that you let people like the Petkovs dig their own grave (no pun intended) while you take the high road.

What is more astonishing to me is not that Mr. Edwards has not retaliated in some way, but that the Petkovs--or anyone--can harbor so much hate. How does someone live that way? I would think getting a reaction from the Edwards' family would be more gratifying to people like the Petkovs than simply ignoring their ridiculousness.

I am actually really impressed by Mr. Edward's handling of the situation (per the linked article).

Agree on the "fucked up" assesment of the Petkovs.
"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

If it was me and my daughter just passed away...which unfortunately could happen soon...( I personally hope the lives another 80 years)..but as the father ...I'd pretty much not have anything else to live for. I'd go over to their house and skullfuck both of those bastards and get some pruning shears and start removing each finger one by one. But that is of course after the death...this is my opinion but you NEVER mess with small children or animals. They are the cornerstore of the earth and are the essence of innocence...well most of them at least.

I've been amazed at the character of the girl's father as well.

There has been a facebook page created in support of Kathleen, here

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123801807673623

And I found this information on a page regarding a fundraiser for her in her hometown:

"If you live out of state or country and would like to donate to little Kathleen, all TCF banks are taking donations in the name of: "Kathleen's Crusaders"!!!"

The girls mother died last year and there's already a step-mother? :S

That's your "take away" from this story?

Not trying to make a defense for the guy but let's say wife #1 died in January 2009. I don't know if that's the actual date, but it would still qualify as "last year" in my book.

He's clearly been going through a shit load of stress dealing with the death of his wife and eventual the death of his daughter. He has, obviously, some neighbors from hell to deal with as well.

I don't know about you, but in emotionally stressful times, yeah, a person might reach out to another person for some solace.

I'd cut the guy some freakin' slack there.

Or . . . did you really think he needed to be completely alone once his daughter also dies?
quade -