kallend

Big Brother

The mistake the guy made was talking about it. It would have been far more effective if the guy had left it on the car and contacted the ACLU directly so they could do their work before the FBI knew about it.

Not that this is an opportunity missed, but if the guy had stopped and thought about it for a few seconds, he could have helped a bit more.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The mistake the guy made was talking about it. It would have been far more effective if the guy had left it on the car and contacted the ACLU directly so they could do their work before the FBI knew about it.

Not that this is an opportunity missed, but if the guy had stopped and thought about it for a few seconds, he could have helped a bit more.

You could always attach it to a local cop car:ph34r::ph34r:

Damn Obama adim is doing the same as Bush huh
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You could always attach it to a local cop car

Dunkin Doughnuts .......... pub .........Dunkin Doughnuts ........ pub ........ red light district ......... pub ........ Dunkin Doughnuts ........ Maccy Ds .......... bog......

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Have you checked your car? You could be next? :P

I'd be checking the heels of my shoes.

The heels of your shoes??? Who are you Ronald McDonald:D How big are your shoes? LOL
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Your attitude has been noted.

Just because you are not paranoid.... it does not mean they are not watching you

Pretty soon all of those people forced into the military for mandatory service will have to have one of these on as an ankle bracelet or under their cars too.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Your attitude has been noted.

Just because you are not paranoid.... it does not mean they are not watching you

Pretty soon all of those people forced into the military for mandatory service will have to have one of these on as an ankle bracelet or under their cars too.

Maybe you start need to checking under your bed too... for the black panthers..muslims ....FBI.. and everyone else who is out to get you

Best I've seen is about half an iPhone, but that one had to be wired into a car battery. But that's for constant monitoring. If you will accept breaks where a certain time frame is recorded and sent in a burst, you can get them as small as a thumb drive. Smaller than iPod nano if you are going to manually recover and download info. The biggest limiter is battery size.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Holy shit. If this story is true and accurate it fulfills the wildest dreams of the tinfoil-hat crowd.

Normally I choose to be as rational and level headed as possible. Under this circumstance, I would choose to go OFF.
Oh, what I wouldn't give to have been the guy they were tracking... to be the guy finding THAT on MY car...
When they demanded it back and threatened me my response would have been an enthusiastic FUCK You, BRING IT ON! My tolerance for Authority and its arrogance has always been thin. This would have snapped it. I'd take it personal. Real personal.

At least he did one thing right and splattered it all over the media. I'd have taken the pics he did, then taken it apart and photographed it all, dispersed every bit of data about the specs of the device to everywhere I could, then smashed it to bits, and photographed the bits just to drive the point home thoroughly. Then mailed it back to em. C.O.D.

I could have sworn these guys were supposed to be defending this country from other foreign countries that would do this kind of thing.

There is only one appropriate response to this kind of shit... laughing public defiance. This is one case where rage, and outrage are entirely appropriate and justified. National Security, my ASS.

Humiliate the ever living SHIT out of them. They want to play draconian Stasi games, force them out into the open. Who the fuck do these pricks think they are?
Make damn sure everyone sees it. If they actually try to follow through on any threats, sue the FUCK out of em. The ACLU would fall all over themselves to represent the victim for free. Make as big a deal out of it as possible. Grind it into their faces that this is fucking AMERICA and we do NOT tolerate that shit and if they want to play those kinds of games we, the free public will knock them on their ASSES. We are still a free people. Fuck that digital leash shit. Do NOT. Fuck. With US.

Sometimes authority steps way over the line. The arrogance on display here is just astounding beyond belief... This guy totally blew the most effective opportunity to serve this country and defend freedom he will ever, ever have. What a shame. Done right, he could have kicked our police state in the face and knocked it back half a decade and maybe much more.

-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Rather than throwing a temper tantrum actually I thought of a far more amusing way to deal with this: Treat them the exact same way government treats people.

When they come and demand the device back, tell em "I'm sorry, your tracking device has been confiscated."

Or
"Since you are under suspicion of violating the civil rights of citizens you have forfeited that asset."

Then make sure the expense of legally forcing you to return it costs more than the value of the device. That way when they inevitably win its a pyrrhic victory all the same. The evolution of authority of unlimited power has resulted in a lose/lose legal system where even if you win and are found innocent, you still lose anyway because defending yourself cost you everything. It'd be nice to turn the tables for once. Payback's a bitch.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Rather than throwing a temper tantrum actually I thought of a far more amusing way to deal with this: Treat them the exact same way government treats people.

When they come and demand the device back, tell em "I'm sorry, your tracking device has been confiscated."

Or
"Since you are under suspicion of violating the civil rights of citizens you have forfeited that asset."

Then make sure the expense of legally forcing you to return it costs more than the value of the device. That way when they inevitably win its a pyrrhic victory all the same. The evolution of authority of unlimited power has resulted in a lose/lose legal system where even if you win and are found innocent, you still lose anyway because defending yourself cost you everything. It'd be nice to turn the tables for once. Payback's a bitch.
-B

I found it on MY car. That makes it mine. Must have been a gift from a secret admirer, and it now holds a lot of sentimental value to me. :D:D
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!