rhaig

Man Killed by Mexican Pirates on Texas Lake

That's why I said underfunded and unsupported. They are in place for show. They are good men and women working a difficult job without cover from above. Their job accomplishes very little other than to give politicians something to argue about. Perhaps if immigration laws were enforced and the deportation process wasn't a joke, it might be otherwise.

I'm not dilusional, I don't expect a Berlin wall or razor fence along the entire border and I understand how intertwined both side of the border are, but the system as it stands is a joke. I particularly like how they are sending drones to the border. Now we can ignore more illegal crossings than ever before. :|

witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

>:(>:(>:(>:(

ACT OF WAR!

Okay, maybe we don't go to war with Mexico. But that sack 'o' garbage in the White House needs to do something radical about this situation, RIGHT NOW.

I wonder why that pussy from Texas didn't do anything about this as it grew worse and worse in the last 10 years

Leave it to an America hating liberal to blame George Bush. STFU

nah... it's that people think that the TX gov has any power. The gov position in TX is a figurehead position. Honestly I bet Rick Perry's hair has more governmental power in TX than he does. Political influence? yeah, that's different.
--
Rob

ACT OF WAR!

Okay, maybe we don't go to war with Mexico. But that sack 'o' garbage in the White House needs to do something radical about this situation, RIGHT NOW.

I wonder why that pussy from Texas didn't do anything about this as it grew worse and worse in the last 10 years

nah... it's that people think that the TX gov has any power. The gov position in TX is a figurehead position. Honestly I bet Rick Perry's hair has more governmental power in TX than he does. Political influence? yeah, that's different.

He can certainly overspend just like the majority party and the President does.
And this is just on a remodel of the Governers Mansion. Nothing like some luxury to help the politicians feel comfortable while they sign our money away.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Pretty sure Amazon was ragging on our previos president, not the current TX governor.

yes, but he did say 10 years. that would back up into his governorship.

The comment wasn't even addressing the Governorship.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I saw the line last 10 years, and my brain interpreted "the last 10 years" as "his last 10 years" because I don't see how bush could have done anything about it in the past 2 years. But I did see how as governor he might have had some influence in the 2 years prior to being elected.

so put your damn smiley faces away. and ask how Bush could have done anything in the past 2 years, and maybe you'll see how I got my wires crossed.

this is where I'd insert a "stfu" with a smiley face behind it, but I see warnings are being handed out for stfu nowadays. so I'll refrain.

:)
--
Rob

ACT OF WAR!

Leave it to a ________ to not realize that his dope snorting drunken deserter hero did SQUAT about the issue when he was gubner of all the Texicans....and for 8 years as the head of our gubmint... WAY to go :S:S:S

AND it looks like his replacement has done a BANG UP job as well.. Powerless???? DUDE.. Govenors do have power to call up the National Guard in time of emergency.. and I am pretty damn sure there are some guys called Texas Rangers out there somewhere who are supposed to be upholding the law.. or are they all busy out writing tickets to enhance revenue too???

SO on that note lets make it the last 15 years.. when George II came to power in Texicas... that yall have done squat to stem the tide on the Texican border.

I saw the line last 10 years, and my brain interpreted "the last 10 years" as "his last 10 years" because I don't see how bush could have done anything about it in the past 2 years. But I did see how as governor he might have had some influence in the 2 years prior to being elected.

so put your damn smiley faces away. and ask how Bush could have done anything in the past 2 years, and maybe you'll see how I got my wires crossed.

this is where I'd insert a "stfu" with a smiley face behind it, but I see warnings are being handed out for stfu nowadays. so I'll refrain.

Simmer down.:)
Bush could well have done more than Obama is doing because he had the backing of the stste he was Governor of as well as the federal power to do it. The immigration laws were in place already.

I am NOT an Obama fan by any means. I don't want to have to defend him. His hands are tied, not only because of his belief system and his puppetism, but the constituants he has to pander to would be very much against him.

Bush could-a, would-a, should-a, but he didn't.

It needs to be fixed, but the fix is a long term fix that cannot be implemented at the drop of a hat. Expecially when the POTUS with the authority to enforce the laws, files suit to limit their enforcement.

It is not going to be a pleasant fix. It will probably take a few individuals having their rights stepped on a bit, but no more than what Obama is authorizing now.

Bush did try to push the guest worker program.

Wendy P.

Yeah ... how did that go or was he more engaged with other things. He has always been a lot of show and not a lot of go when it comes to "his" ideas. You can yack about things all you want but unless you fund it.. its just so much dog squat

I would love to see a guest worker program.. run through the offices that DOLE out the unemployment. Make the jobs available to Americans first, especially those who are running out of unemplyment.

It is still an ENFORCEMENT issue though and we have plenty of laws already on the books to make sure illegals are not hired in the first place. I hink it would be FAR more effective though to go after the people who are enriching themselves by hiring illegals.

If the employers are prosecuted for breaking federal laws that will put a stop to the illegal imigration in a heartbeat. No jobs.. the tide will flow back to the south.
If they are here without the right to be... they need to be on the bus home.

Simmer down.:)
Bush could well have done more than Obama is doing because he had the backing of the stste he was Governor of as well as the federal power to do it. The immigration laws were in place already.

I am NOT an Obama fan by any means. I don't want to have to defend him. His hands are tied, not only because of his belief system and his puppetism, but the constituants he has to pander to would be very much against him.

Bush could-a, would-a, should-a, but he didn't.

It needs to be fixed, but the fix is a long term fix that cannot be implemented at the drop of a hat. Expecially when the POTUS with the authority to enforce the laws, files suit to limit their enforcement.

It is not going to be a pleasant fix. It will probably take a few individuals having their rights stepped on a bit, but no more than what Obama is authorizing now.

I don't disagree. and I've never been a bush apologist. I wasn't defending his lack of action.

just clarifying how I fucked up reading the post.
--
Rob

You are chastising him for chastising another about what was written on a forum, and an idea that was expressed.

STFU isn't rebutting an idea you disagree with, it's censorship. If you tell people to "STFU", it's basically admitting that the other side is factually correct, or at least that you can't refute their argument, so you'll prevent them from speaking instead. Adding the "America-hating liberal" crap doesn't make the post any less vacuous.

Don

+1

I had a whole long post in mind, but I pretty much agree across the board with you on this one. Didn't expect to see that from me, didja?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

+1

I had a whole long post in mind, but I pretty much agree across the board with you on this one. Didn't expect to see that from me, didja?

MUAH:D

Face it ... we have a problem ... and I have not changed my stance on this issue EVER.
Americans need to take American jobs first.

I do not believe in welfare.... put people to work. If a woman is expecting to sit on her fat ass and have babies and expects the rest of us to support that.. BULL SHIT

Put them to work....(oh who will take care of the babies:S:S) do a shared day care between those who are now working and shift the day care between them on a rotating schedule.

People lose jobs... and they pay into the fund to tide them over till they get a new job... BUT.. they really need to be looking for a new job.. not just sitting it out enjoying themselves as so many seem to do and abusing the system.
There are jobs out there...they may not pay what the old job did... but it’s a hell of a lot better to be working than being a lazy ass sitting at home watching the TV all day.

If the pool of Americans dries up for the available jobs.. THEN bring in guest workers... Most other countries certainly have a different take on who can come to their country to work. Most other countries have a different take on if you are in their country without the proper paperwork.

It’s time we need to do the same here..... PERIOD

Our borders are a line that needs to be protected and people causing this flood by enriching themselves by attracting these desperate people here to take jobs illegally need to have some quality jail time to get their attention on what is a National Security issue.

+1

MUAH:D

Face it ... we have a problem ... and I have not changed my stance on this issue EVER.
Americans need to take American jobs first.

I do not believe in welfare.... put people to work. If a woman is expecting to sit on her fat ass and have babies and expects the rest of us to support that.. BULL SHIT

Put them to work....(oh who will take care of the babies:S:S) do a shared day care between those who are now working and shift the day care between them on a rotating schedule.

People lose jobs... and they pay into the fund to tide them over till they get a new job... BUT.. they really need to be looking for a new job.. not just sitting it out enjoying themselves as so many seem to do and abusing the system.
There are jobs out there...they may not pay what the old job did... but it’s a hell of a lot better to be working than being a lazy ass sitting at home watching the TV all day.

If the pool of Americans dries up for the available jobs.. THEN bring in guest workers... Most other countries certainly have a different take on who can come to their country to work. Most other countries have a different take on if you are in their country without the proper paperwork.

It’s time we need to do the same here..... PERIOD

Our borders are a line that needs to be protected and people causing this flood by enriching themselves by attracting these desperate people here to take jobs illegally need to have some quality jail time to get their attention on what is a National Security issue.

Are we allowed to agree this much?:|

Me too. Some can be the day care operators for the other workers.

Actively nursing is an issue, but there are an awful lot of jobs that could be done that would benefit. It's not necessarily easy in this lawsuit-happy world, but you have to start somewhere.

I used to work for the food stamp office & the welfare department. The vast majority of those people really were that poor (& most of the food stamp folks were either working, actually between jobs, or old on fixed incomes). This won't make them rich, but it would get more public benefit for the money we spend not letting children starve to death, and maybe reduce the sense of entitlement that some people seem to have.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Oh just call me a liberal and get it over with... that seems to work for so many around here:ph34r::ph34r:

you are such a liberal:

one of those - gun toting, pro-American jobs, ex-military, distrust the government, clean your own meat kind of liberal dammit

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

:ph34r:

Oh just call me a liberal and get it over with... that seems to work for so many around here:ph34r::ph34r:

you are such a liberal:

one of those - gun toting, pro-American jobs, ex-military, distrust the government, clean your own meat kind of liberal dammit

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok.. that right there is funny... I dont care where ya are moments.:ph34r:

No - I have always considered you a progressive Independant.

is that PC enough for you?:)

Jeanne - :D

you are clearly a politically independent person who takes each issue one at a time. I wouldn't throw a label like "liberal" or conservative at you at any time

you are passionate and a bit arrogant about your positions and your life (good and bad) has established some very strong biases - for what it's worth

as such - I'm sure I'd be proud to have you at a debate on my side or a bar fight on my side or a skydive or stuck for survival in the wilderness.

So there - take that.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants