rhaig

Man Killed by Mexican Pirates on Texas Lake

>>Many here believe Mexicans, illegally entering the US, should be shot on sight.

>Uh huh. "Many here." Since I doubt you can find anyone here on
>dz.com ever having said anything even remotely that ridiculous

"To me illegal immigrant IE:- A person who has entered a country illegally.
is vermin an as such shuold be treated as vermin SHOT ( after verification )"

Many here believe Mexicans, illegally entering the US, should be shot on sight. What's good for the goose...and all that stuff.

Uh huh. "Many here." Since I doubt you can find anyone here on dz.com ever having said anything even remotely that ridiculous,

Just read the "if I broke into your house" thread

I haven't got the time to read fifteen pages of often painful posts. Can you link to anyone who said anyone crossing illegaly should be shot? On the first page I saw two folks say that if you broke into their house you would be shot. Did you really miss their message and think that meant they thought all illegal crossers should be shot? Or are there some posts further in where someone says all illegal border crossers should be shot?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Who the fuck said that?
(so I can adjust my opinion of them appropriately)

edit to add:
Nevermind, I found it, and will consider Zep appropriately from here on out.

Sidenote: what did you search, or did you actually remember a 2004 thread?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I haven't got the time to read fifteen pages of often painful posts. Can you link to anyone who said anyone crossing illegaly should be shot? On the first page I saw two folks say that if you broke into their house you would be shot. Did you really miss their message and think that meant they thought all illegal crossers should be shot? Or are there some posts further in where someone says all illegal border crossers should be shot?

The analogy in the OP was pretty clear. When people respond, I can only assume they are responding to the analogy.

But that's not the ony thread. There are many posts that maybe not state it directly, but the sentiment is pretty clear. From dealing with immigrants, to dealing with places like Iraq (just nuke the place) etc.

For many here, it would seem, deadly violence is the answer to problems. All I was pointing out is the story could very easily be written differently: Illegal immigrant, most likely a drug runner, caught and shot.

The analogy in the OP was pretty clear. When people respond, I can only assume they are responding to the analogy.

But that's not the ony thread. There are many posts that maybe not state it directly, but the sentiment is pretty clear. From dealing with immigrants, to dealing with places like Iraq (just nuke the place) etc.

For many here, it would seem, deadly violence is the answer to problems. All I was pointing out is the story could very easily be written differently: Illegal immigrant, most likely a drug runner, caught and shot.

FUCK yeah.. let's NUKE Mexico... and let all the former Popes sort them out.

FUCK yeah.. let's NUKE Mexico... and let all the former Popes sort them out.

This is not an isolated incident on the Rio Grande. Mexicans have been taking pot-shots at river rafters, fishermen and hikers... on this side of the river. Aslo, a body was found floating in the river outside Presidio, Texas. What seems strange to me is, they can shoot at us but if we return fire, we go to jail! More than likely, this recent incident was the work of drug cartels but we have no proof. Meanwhile, our government sits on its fat assets and ignores the problem. Sure, they pump money to local law enforcement but we don't have enough local law enforcement to do any good.

Chuck

>What seems strange to me is, they can shoot at us but if we return fire,
>we go to jail!

I agree it's an issue, but I don't see the "go to jail" part -

========
U.S. border agents exchange fire with gunmen in Mexico during drug seizure

(U.S Border Patrol agents recently exchanged fire with unknown gunmen in Mexico. According to the FBI, violence has declined along the border since 2008.)

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 1:03 PM

Gunfire was exchanged across the Mexican border over the weekend, when Border Patrol agents were shot at while seizing a drug shipment, the Customs and Border Protection agency said on Tuesday.

The incident occurred on September 11 around 7:40 a.m. near Mission, Texas, a CBP spokesperson told the Daily News.

"Several Border Patrol Agents returned fire after being fired upon multiple times from the Mexican side," the agency said in a statement.

It is unclear who fired at the agents, or how many were involved. Authorities were in the process of seizing a shipment of marijuana when the gunfire broke out.

No Border Patrol agents were injured.
=========

Border patrol has often fired across the border, and have killed people in the process. I don't know of any who have gone to jail.

>What seems strange to me is, they can shoot at us but if we return fire,
>we go to jail!

I agree it's an issue, but I don't see the "go to jail" part -

========
U.S. border agents exchange fire with gunmen in Mexico during drug seizure

(U.S Border Patrol agents recently exchanged fire with unknown gunmen in Mexico. According to the FBI, violence has declined along the border since 2008.)

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 1:03 PM

Gunfire was exchanged across the Mexican border over the weekend, when Border Patrol agents were shot at while seizing a drug shipment, the Customs and Border Protection agency said on Tuesday.

The incident occurred on September 11 around 7:40 a.m. near Mission, Texas, a CBP spokesperson told the Daily News.

"Several Border Patrol Agents returned fire after being fired upon multiple times from the Mexican side," the agency said in a statement.

It is unclear who fired at the agents, or how many were involved. Authorities were in the process of seizing a shipment of marijuana when the gunfire broke out.

No Border Patrol agents were injured.
=========

Border patrol has often fired across the border, and have killed people in the process. I don't know of any who have gone to jail.

Chuck wasn't talking about law enforcement personnel, Bill...but you already knew that.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Chuck wasn't talking about law enforcement personnel, Bill...but you already knew that.

Even so, if you're legally carrying a gun and someone shoots at you are you really going to be prosecuted for defending yourself? In Texas?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Even so, if you're legally carrying a gun and someone shoots at you are you really going to be prosecuted for defending yourself? In Texas?

Stereotype much?

Yes, you can be arrested for defending yourself with a firearm under certain circumstances.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

well there were the 2 border patrol agents, Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean, in 2006 that did their job, shot at drug traffickers, and got sentenced to 11 and 12 years respectively.

and keep in mind these were border patrol agents.
--
Rob

I saw this story on TV this morning.

Who's saying that there isn't a problem with violence in Mexico leaking into the US?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mexican-pirates-shot-tourist-head/story?id=11784598

Am I the only one who is thinking this might be a story that this lady is making up because she killed her husband? Was there bullet holes found on the boat? I didn't see that anywhere in the article unless i missed it. I am not saying this is what I believe but it is a good cover up for murdering her husband and blaming the pirates. (maybe I have been watching to much NCIS and criminal minds)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

It went through my mind too. I did see an interview with a game warden that said "there was evidence of gunfire" on her jetski. and this lake has had reports of this type of thing in the past.

don't worry about the TV references, at least you didn't expect there to be a border patrol checkpoint in the middle of the lake.
--
Rob

>ACT OF WAR!

?? If US border patrol shot at a Mexican illegal immigrant, would you consider that an act of war?

>But that sack 'o' garbage in the White House needs to do something
>radical about this situation, RIGHT NOW.

Well, he just sent National Guard troops to the border. I suppose other options would be to make leaving the US without authorization a federal crime, or invading Mexico.

>:(>:(>:(>:(

ACT OF WAR!

>:(>:(>:(>:(

Okay, maybe we don't go to war with Mexico. But that sack 'o' garbage in the White House needs to do something radical about this situation, RIGHT NOW.

I wonder why that pussy from Texas didn't do anything about this as it grew worse and worse in the last 10 years

at least you didn't expect there to be a border patrol checkpoint in the middle of the lake.

Who did?

Don

I haven't fished there in several years but FWIW, The line of buoys marks the center of the river channel (Rio Grande) so that technically marks the border. When we fished tournaments down there three or four times a year, we regularly fished on the mexican side and the US side at will. It was fine as long as you didn't get out of your boat. We often saw mexican fishermen on the US side as well. Mexico fishing permits were sold at most of the motels in town and at the tackle stores as well. I still have several friends who are tournament fishermen and they absolutely refuse to fish on the mexican side anymore, simply not worth the risk.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

It would probably cause a damned international incident! I have heard stories of U.S. citizens returning fire but they kept their mouths shut.

Chuck

Ramos and Compean.

Or more recently, what do you think might have happened to the agents who shot the teenager at the bridge underpass earlier this year if there hadn't been video? Border Patrol is the single most underfunded and unsupported agency in all of American law enforcement.

And you're forgetting about when agents are ordered to flee rather than engage Mexican army units or federales, even though they are on US soil.
witty subliminal message
1*

Let's not forget the near-border landowner the stopped illegals who had damaged his property and were trespassing. He's still fighting the lawsuit against him, without help from the govt, and CBP told him they wouldn't be back to pick up any others.
witty subliminal message
1*