skipbelt

worst presidents in our lifetimes

i thought obuma would be a better president than hillary , i'm quite prepared to admit i was wrong !

well, we still don't know how bad she would be in the role. I would imagine even more divisiveness with the minority party in Congress, if it's possible to imagine that.

We may have the chance to find out in . . . oh - 14 yeras.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

i thought obuma would be a better president than hillary , i'm quite prepared to admit i was wrong !

well, we still don't know how bad she would be in the role. I would imagine even more divisiveness with the minority party in Congress, if it's possible to imagine that.

Hillary, in 14 years??? Why not sooner? However I would tend to agree on the divisiveness in Congress over Hillary. Many people do not like her.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Remember when she was running for office and was
at a fundraiser and referred to herself as the "D-Punjab"
because of her support from outsourcing groups?

Actively running around the world, outsourcing our industries? Wonder where your job went?

So, easy to imagine.

Hillary, in 14 years??? Why not sooner? However I would tend to agree on the divisiveness in Congress over Hillary. Many people do not like her.

2 dismal years left of Obama - One 2 term conservative and a 0ne term conservative, then the dems will have their turn again.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

2 dismal years left of Obama - One 2 term conservative and a 0ne term conservative, then the dems will have their turn again.

Oh yeah... well, she'll probably be in her 70s by then, so I doubt she'll be running, besides she already had her 8 years telling Bill what to do in the white house. :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

2 dismal years left of Obama - One 2 term conservative and a 0ne term conservative . . .

Want to make any long term bets?

I'd go as far as to put $100 (year 2010 valued dollars) on "after Obama, we have a 2-term conservative"

feel free to ping me in 10 or 14 years to collect if I'm wrong. I'll pay you in beer and jumps (in adjusted dollars of course) assuming beer and jumps are still legal.
--
Rob

"After Obama" is too open ended. I want to place it on Turtle's prediction of Obama only being a one term President AND followed by three consecutive terms of conservatives. I think he's being wildly optimistic.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

"After Obama" is too open ended. I want to place it on Turtle's prediction of Obama only being a one term President AND followed by three consecutive terms of conservatives. I think he's being wildly optimistic.

Optimistic for easily predictable destruction.

Optimistic for easily predictable destruction.

non sequitor

2 dismal years left of Obama - One 2 term conservative and a 0ne term conservative . . .

Want to make any long term bets?

Sure.

Shorter term - The house and the senate will change majorities

I sure hope you're wrong about Palin in 2012.
I think I'd vote for Obama. :S

You don't really like money do you?

Between Obama and Palin, Obama wins. No question. That's not even a contest.

Any poll you can name might have Obama vs random Republican somewhere in the 50/50 range, but every poll I've seen that has Obama vs Palin . . . blow out victory for Obama. Every single one.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Quade...don't ever say never...and every single time in the same sentence. That could come back to bite you. Do you remember this picture by any chance?

Dewey defeats Truman is an example of poor statistics, not proof that anything can happen. Truman didn't make a comeback - he was ahead in the first place.

No Democrat (and esp no women who will ignore everything because Palin is a woman) will vote for her, and far too many Republicans are uncomfortable with her lack of meaningful experience or credentials.

It's much like the problem for H Clinton. When your ceiling is 40% of the vote, it's a non starter.

It is hard to construct a valid metric by which to measure "badness."

Roosevelt, hailed as the savior who brought us out of the Depression, was actually responsible for policies that prolonged and exacerbated it.

Truman did such things as welsh on agreements made with Ho Chi Minh, who fought along side us during WWII, and left the Japanese to "administer" Indochina until the French could enlist enough SS alumni into the Legion to take over.

Eisenhower allowed the dismantling of the passenger rail system in this country and was all for the development of the highway system that has us dependent on automobiles, and fuel that we do not have, to sustain both our way of life and our lives in general.

JFK was taken to heaven and sainted before he could be judged by history as a truly mediocre chief executive.

Johnson was a brilliant smoke-filled-room politician, who was singularly ill-suited to occupying the Oval Office.

Nixon was so dislikeable that it is difficult to accept his areas of competence. Even when he was good to his word, it felt like he was lying.

Ford provided the comic relief we needed after Nixon, and was an awful lot better than he seemed. Many of his most controversial decisions were surprisingly well considered.

Carter was and is a very nice guy. He was crippled by a level of naivete rarely seen outside of Sunday School.

Reagan was great at delegating, but he sucked at arithmetic. "The President" was the best role he ever played.

GHWB was well-described as a "weenie," and every attempt at connecting with the populus was a true groaner. He did show a surprising level of competence on the world stage.

Clinton was/is a slut. He will do ANYTHING for adulation.

GWB is an embarrassment. I found him so painful to hear that what I know came mostly from the Cliffs Notes version.

Obama is a nice little fella. He is possessed of no uncertain political genius, and he is under the impression that his genius extends beyond politics. It does not. Arithmetic is not his long suit, either.

The presidents we elect show that this country is a wellspring of mediocrity. We will not consider a candidate that will not lie to us, and then we get mad at them when it turns out that they were telling us the lies we wanted to hear.

Who was the worst president? Hard to tell - the competition for the honor is fierce.

BSBD,

Winsor

I sure hope you're wrong about Palin in 2012.
I think I'd vote for Obama. :S

You don't really like money do you?

Between Obama and Palin, Obama wins. No question. That's not even a contest.
Any poll you can name might have Obama vs random Republican somewhere in the 50/50 range, but every poll I've seen that has Obama vs Palin . . . blow out victory for Obama. Every single one.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Quade...don't ever say never...and every single time in the same sentence. That could come back to bite you. Do you remember this picture by any chance?

I'll admit I'm speaking in absolutes here, but it's an absolute about a finite quantity that's verifiable.

To date, no poll (by legitimate and recognized companies) of an Obama vs Palin match up have ever shown anything other than an Obama win and by a large margin.

I will admit there may exist a poll of a group consisting only of Palin followers that would show the opposite, but then that's not actually a legitimate poll since would be wildly biased.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver