skyrider

Becoming a "Mod" here?

Bill, is there a way we can warn/ban this guy? He does this shit and then apoligizes to do it again.

Pull your head out of your ass.

I like his replies and think he makes very good points unlike some posters.

Sure, an ultra-conservative citing ultra conservatives as supporting evidence would be viewed as very good poiints by other ultra-conservatives. Just don't ask him to post 1 major federal tax cut that has actually helped the economy, he'll run from that.

I agree. I'd have preferred something other than "pull your head out of your ass" but the rest of it was spot on. And he's by no means lockstep with anyone.

Wendy P.

He likes tax cuts like you, but neither can support their benefit to the overall economy, of course you like him.

As for spot on, the conservative Kennedy cited wants to dispell the Nazi identification as GWB fits that most closely and his rationaliztion camee at the end of GWB's term. Comparisons between the current Republican and former Nazi Party are present in teh substantive sense.

Its amazing how ineffective forum bans are to affect behavior or access so I honestly wonder why anyone bothers..

When they're one-sided they can create an atmosphere desireable by the mods/management.

Letting one entity slam the others while over-pursuing others draws a certain genre of viewers. If an injustice appears but is loved by a certain demographic, it draws them near.

I believe most moderation is done to cater to sponsors; remember, just follow the money.

there are the likeability and popularity factors !

Exactly, truth isn't even on the radar screen. Moderation can mold who is here and what attitude the forum takes on. This is why they get pissed when people question moderation; it exposes the purpose for moderators. DZ.COM is a legitimate forum but they are alos a business, so they have to cater to who pays the bills. Forums with no moderation tend to lean toward the general populous to decide what kind of behavior to allow or ban.

- Hate gays/marriage - Love control - Hate organized labor - Tend to be racist
conservatives love gays , especially conservative gays
conservatives love traditional marriage
conservatives love control (self)
conservatives hate organized crime , and crime parading as labor
conservatives tend to love content of character neutral on skin color
you seem wholly unqualified to comment on conservatives !

- Hate gays/marriage - Love control - Hate organized labor - Tend to be racist

conservatives love gays , especially conservative gays

Cite examples. Talk about unqualified, list some.

conservatives love traditional marriage

And this is mutually exclusive to homosexualioty in your world. I imagine it is.

conservatives love control (self)

The byproduct to this self control is no gopvernment assistance. Conservatives hate that until they need it. As many RWers suck the gov tit as do libes, the former is juts in denial.

conservatives hate organized crime , and crime parading as labor

All you have to do is ignore your federal right to organize and call it crime and you're in. Redefinition is a fun tool to use, only certain people then try to see it as legitimate.

conservatives tend to love content of character neutral on skin color

Riiiiiight. We all saw how clumbsy they looked throwing Michael Steele in as RNC Chair after Obama was elected. Also, these southerners were the conservatives as Dems until the 1964 Civil Rts Act, then they switched.

you seem wholly unqualified to comment on conservatives !

As usual, no supporting data/evidence/amything, yet I'm disqualified. :S

Bill, is there a way we can warn/ban this guy? He does this shit and then apoligizes to do it again.

Sure, an ultra-conservative citing ultra conservatives as supporting evidence would be viewed as very good poiints by other ultra-conservatives. Just don't ask him to post 1 major federal tax cut that has actually helped the economy, he'll run from that.

I am not like most of the SC posters in here. I don't just agree with one person because he/she "ultra-conservative" or not.

I don't reply a hundred flipping times so it looks like I am replying to myself.

I reply to post in here if I think I have something to add. If I don't I just read the threads. I post the nothingness/meaningless threads in the bonfire. Just ask anyone.. they will tell you. ;)

If i were a mod in here i would find a way to hid you post reply button after you have made more that 3 posts in 10 minutes per thread... but that is just me.

It is rather annoying to read a thread and then see 10 post from you back to back and completely off topic.

just don't ask him to post 1 major federal tax cut that has actually helped the economy, he'll run from that

Why don't you start a thread and address each and every federal tax cut and how they didnt help and I am sure you will have a few people including him give you insightful replies. Remember the key to others replying is to READ their REPLIES..;)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I am not like most of the SC posters in here. I don't just agree with one person because he/she "ultra-conservative" or not.

Uh, you are, obviously.

I don't reply a hundred flipping times so it looks like I am replying to myself.

I've yet to read anything, esp anything substantive from you in SC, you ought to go back to Bonfire.

I reply to post in here if I think I have something to add. If I don't I just read the threads. I post the nothingness/meaningless threads in the bonfire. Just ask anyone.. they will tell you. ;)

So what's you purpose here? Cheerleading? That's not uselful.

If i were a mod in here i would find a way to hid you post reply button after you have made more that 3 posts in 10 minutes per thread... but that is just me.

Right, conservatives love to censor any other opinion that their own. That I do believe, you would censor me and then go to your tea bagger rally decrying the libs for revoling your freedoms.

It is rather annoying to read a thread and then see 10 post from you back to back and completely off topic.

I address all who adress me, I know, a lib thing. Why do you get annoyed? It's not like you have EVER added anthing substantive, EVER.

just don't ask him to post 1 major federal tax cut that has actually helped the economy, he'll run from that

Why don't you start a thread and address each and every federal tax cut and how they didnt help and I am sure you will have a few people including him give you insightful replies. Remember the key to others replying is to READ their REPLIES..;)

I've addressed this issue to death, the closest I have come is the 97 cap gains tax cuts from 28% to 20%. My counter is that per the CBO cap gains taxes account for 2-3% of all income tax revs, cap gains taxes were cut by
Mike and Lawrocket both brought this in, since I established that the 97 cap gains cut meant nothing to fed rev picture, they both went away on that issue. Not to mention the economy and deficit reduction were well under way with the 5 years Clinton was president before the 97 CG cut.

I realize you know very little about tax policy history, but I have posted copius data on this. If you want some data, I will be glad to post it for the 1000th time.

As for read it first, kid I read and interpret well, I don't post rhetoric and claims that I do have gone unsubstantiated.

(A) Godwin's Law is an automatic loss.
(B) They're not my heroes. Have I ever said they were? No. (prove me wrong, I dare you) I criticize morons in both big parties and in "third parties." If you could manage to stop defining everyone who disagrees with you as a fascist neo-con you might realize that I hardly fit the mold of a Republican.
(C) Censorship reflects government's lack of trust in the people, negating the argument "of the people by the people for the people." I disagree with censhorship and prior restraint type of laws that prohibit doing things that might lead to other crimes (censhorship, prohibition, gun control, etc)
(D) When is the last time a campaigning candidate for POTUS allowed disruptive protesters into one of their events?

Well, I have to at least offer the reciprocal, "Pull your head out of your ass, copper!!!"

i gotta go with lucky on one thing , he reads and understands posts he replies to. he deconstructs posts before reply to . as for repetition , especially on his crank tax ideas , he'll probably continue till one more person is persuaded . want to volunteer ?
O, and lucky , log cabin republicans !

I've addressed this issue to death

Yes . . . yes, you have.

You have been sounding like a Truther for so long now, no one bothers to do anything close to reply to you. We just mock you ant your theorys.

Drop it already. Is it really that important to show everyone how little you know?

What is the expression?

It is better to smile and look stupid, than to open your mouth and prove it?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

(B) They're not my heroes. Have I ever said they were? No. (prove me wrong, I dare you) I criticize morons in both big parties and in "third parties." If you could manage to stop defining everyone who disagrees with you as a fascist neo-con you might realize that I hardly fit the mold of a Republican.
(C) Censorship reflects government's lack of trust in the people, negating the argument "of the people by the people for the people." I disagree with censhorship and prior restraint type of laws that prohibit doing things that might lead to other crimes (censhorship, prohibition, gun control, etc)
(D) When is the last time a campaigning candidate for POTUS allowed disruptive protesters into one of their events?

As well, you should pull your head out of your ass.

You first . . . then you could see that the rest of us already have.

Dark isn't it?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You first . . . then you could see that the rest of us already have.

Dark isn't it?

Well, as long as you have, that's what matters. ;)

You have been sounding like a Truther for so long now, no one bothers to do anything close to reply to you. We just mock you ant your theorys.

Drop it already. Is it really that important to show everyone how little you know?

What is the expression?

No, the clones have been trying to come up with a tax cut that has led to ecomic benefit for quite a while, a few good attempts. Now that they and you cannot find one, it's down to insults.

It's inaccurate to say I like tax cuts across the board. On the other hand, I am in favor of living within my means. Our current system in the US has us defining "within our means" rather like a lot of people did in the last decade: mortgaged and borrowed to the hilt, because we "deserved it."

The Danes, with an extremely high tax rate, are one of the happiest people in the world. They like their system. But if the US were to start taxing at the same rate that the Danes do, we would not have their system (all that money would be pissed away on pandering bullshit), and I'm not sure that Americans would be happy with what makes the Danes happy (that would include good education, a strong social network, and a relatively low unemployement rate :)
Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It's inaccurate to say I like tax cuts across the board.

You like the concept of tax cuts and think they benefit the economy. You and everyone who thinks like that are unable to constructively show me when, in the last 100 years, esp since FDR, when tax cuts have helped. Again, one area *may* improve, as when Reagan cut taxes and deficit spent, but then there is a backlash where another area went down the dumper. So I'm looking for an overallbetterment or a tax increase where tehre was an overall worsening. It's counter-intuitive to think raising taxes works, but the data supports that tax increases do work, whether accross the board or on the upper class. The important thing is that the upper class, the class that holds virtually all the money, pays more if they fail to reinvest for the writeoff.

On the other hand, I am in favor of living within my means. Our current system in the US has us defining "within our means" rather like a lot of people did in the last decade: mortgaged and borrowed to the hilt, because we "deserved it."

I think that attitude was born in the 80's under the, "Me generation." It was exacted in the 90's and failed in the 2000's under both low taxes and lkow interest that led to runaway artificial appreciation.

The Danes, with an extremely high tax rate, are one of the happiest people in the world. They like their system. But if the US were to start taxing at the same rate that the Danes do, we would not have their system (all that money would be pissed away on pandering bullshit), and I'm not sure that Americans would be happy with what makes the Danes happy (that would include good education, a strong social network, and a relatively low unemployement rate :)
Wendy P.

Good points. We're happiest, as a whole, building a lot of killing machines. But to mock any system in the US is a bad idea, as we are unique in ways as they are. We can borrow some aspects and keep some individual aspects. What we do know is that taxes in the 20's% and 30's% are not good. It worked under Clinton as we had such an active economy with the Dot.com boom that the tiny tax increase multiplied exponentially. Really taxes need to be 50-60% top brkt at a minimum; find where any other has worked.

I don't moderate this forum but this is just fucking stupid. I've read this entire thread and for the most part its a waste of time and bandwidth. People that are saying that we as moderators ban people for advertising are loony. No one tells us what to do other then the general guidelines that Sangiro gave us.

Some people in this thread are taking things way to personal and serious... they need to step away from the keyboard and rejoin society for a while.

Some people are posting just to push other peoples buttons and that is stupid and I think those users will find themselves banned from the forums if they keep it up... Consider this a warning to the entire thread.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Congratulations, another Godwin's Law loss for Lucky. Oi.

Actaully it was a win, theefore it pissed off your heroes. Rememebr your heroes, they would arrest protestors wearing anti-GWB shirts? Yea, you party, the one of non-censorchip.

(C) Censorship reflects government's lack of trust in the people, negating the argument "of the people by the people for the people." I disagree with censorship and prior restraint type of laws that prohibit doing things that might lead to other crimes (censorship, prohibition, gun control, etc)

So you have nothing to say about the fact that you didn't understand the Godwin's Law reference and didn't bother to look it up (we call that laziness). Nothing to say wen you claimed politicians were my hereos when I didn't even like them (we call that either strawman arguments or lack of reading comprehension). Or about the fact that you label everyone you disagree with as a fascist neo con (I don't even have words for that). Or the fact that you deride one politician's actions because you don't agree with his positions while excusing the same action for a politician that you like (we call that a double standard).

Go ahead and stand by your positions. And then run when you're called on them. Just for the love of God please don't try to turn this into another thread full of your (limited) ideas on tax policy. It's more tiring than the birther threads and less thought out than rhys' 9-11 truther posts.

Oops. Too late.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I don't moderate this forum but this is just fucking stupid. I've read this entire thread and for the most part its a waste of time and bandwidth. People that are saying that we as moderators ban people for advertising are loony.

This forum caters to the sponsors. They need hits to sustain interest from the sponsors, but the sponsors pay the bills. If that's not the reason for the unpredictable moderating, then explaion it because no one else has. And no, that's not a complaint, it's an observation.

No one tells us what to do other then the general guidelines that Sangiro gave us.

Isn't Sangrio out of the picture as far as ownership? The new media company calls the shot now, right?

Some people in this thread are taking things way to personal and serious... they need to step away from the keyboard and rejoin society for a while.

Explain then why Kennedy can tell me to pull my head out of my ass, yet when I tell him to do the same the post gets deleted. I'm just trying to understand the rules and what to expect so I can act accordingly. So far I've not been shown consistency.

Some people are posting just to push other peoples buttons and that is stupid...

This is SC, I think that is the norm. Show me who acted out of line first; who pushed buttons first. Oh, was it Kennedy? Yet I'm being chastised and blamed by you.

... and I think those users will find themselves banned from the forums if they keep it up...

Who, Kennedy for telling me to pull my head out of my ass or me for daring to defend myself?

Consider this a warning to the entire thread.

I thought you weren't the moderator of this forum.

Congratulations, another Godwin's Law loss for Lucky. Oi.

Actaully it was a win, theefore it pissed off your heroes. Rememebr your heroes, they would arrest protestors wearing anti-GWB shirts? Yea, you party, the one of non-censorchip.

(C) Censorship reflects government's lack of trust in the people, negating the argument "of the people by the people for the people." I disagree with censorship and prior restraint type of laws that prohibit doing things that might lead to other crimes (censorship, prohibition, gun control, etc)

So you have nothing to say about the fact that you didn't understand the Godwin's Law reference and didn't bother to look it up (we call that laziness).

Bill deleted it after I posted it; I call the lack of that knowledge, ignorance.

Nothing to say wen you claimed politicians were my hereos when I didn't even like them (we call that either strawman arguments or lack of reading comprehension).

When you show ultra-conservative leanings and refuse to post your voting record, favorite politicians or even political ideoligy then we have the right to draw out own conclusions based upon what you say.

Or about the fact that you label everyone you disagree with as a fascist neo con (I don't even have words for that).

If you love Reagan's policies, you are a neo-con, as he was the true neo-con. It's not an insult by itself, just a defining term such as socialist.

Or the fact that you deride one politician's actions because you don't agree with his positions while excusing the same action for a politician that you like (we call that a double standard).

Oh, show me where I have. Of course you do that by chastising Clinton for perjury/obstruction (political trial acquittal) and then defending or acquiescing Libby for the same and GWB commuting him, certainly thinking he should have received a full pardon as did Cheney.

Go ahead and stand by your positions. And then run when you're called on them. Just for the love of God please don't try to turn this into another thread full of your (limited) ideas on tax policy.

Laughably, and pathetically, you can't even show me one major federal tax cut that has led to overall economic benefit, yet you clammer on as if you do even as I illustrate example after another where tax cuts are caustic. Just keep trying to draw in fans, cheerleaders while providing zero substance.

It's more tiring than the birther threads and less thought out than rhys' 9-11 truther posts.

Oops. Too late.

Says the guy who can't address my tax cut question.