ryoder

The tranny is the *conservative*???

normiss

Why does your god make people like that if that's not how he wants them to be?
:S:S:S

Bless your heart.

God makes all kinds to be in relationship with Him. Sin caused the aberrations.

Have a blessed day.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

normiss

I never realized god creates sin.
:S

Nice lil southern religious insults too.

Bless your heart.

I know you know better than that. Sin entered Adam who was created by God. It was Adam's choice.

Have a blessed day.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Anyone who believes the Universe was created in only 7 days, a mere 6000 or so years ago and that the entire universe was created for just humans on this planet in the image of their mythical flying spaghetti monster and that the only life in the entire Universe exists only on this one planet has a severe mental disorder and no amount of "Bless your Heart" BS will change how messed up the minds of these people are. BTW I am NOT an atheist. I am agnostic. There is a difference. There could very well be some sort of God or Gods who created the Universe. But I guarantee you, the God(s) created by humans on this planet are all 100% BS.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHmTqoLjlXo

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

You miss the point of the flying spaghetti monster.

The guy actually made it up to prove a point to a school board which is the same you are trying to do here. The FSM is on your side. Your penance for disrespecting the FSM is to recite the prayer 3 times below

Our Pasta, who "Arghh" in the colander, Swallowed be thy sauce. Thy serving come, Thy strands be wrung, On forks as they are on spoons. Give us this day our garlic bread, And forgive us our starchiness, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss, And lead us not into Kraft parmessan, But deliver us from Chef Boy-Ar-Dee, For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. R'Amen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

The Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) is the deity of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Pastafarianism (a portmanteau of pasta and Rastafarian), a social movement that promotes a light-hearted view of religion and opposes the teaching of intelligent design and creationism in public schools.[3] Although adherents describe Pastafarianism as a genuine religion,[3] it is generally seen by the media as a parody religion.[4][5]

The "Flying Spaghetti Monster" was first described in a satirical open letter written by Bobby Henderson in 2005 to protest the Kansas State Board of Education decision to permit teaching intelligent design as an alternative to evolution in public school science classes.[6] In that letter, Henderson satirized creationism by professing his belief that whenever a scientist carbon-dates an object, a supernatural creator that closely resembles spaghetti and meatballs is there "changing the results with His Noodly Appendage". Henderson argued that his beliefs were just as valid as intelligent design, and called for equal time in science classrooms alongside intelligent design and evolution.[7] After Henderson published the letter on his website, the Flying Spaghetti Monster rapidly became an Internet phenomenon and a symbol of opposition to the teaching of intelligent design in public schools.[8]

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

> no amount of "Bless your Heart" BS will change how messed up the minds of
> these people are.

It was Kate Cooper that first realized that the construction "you know, she's really XXXXX, bless her heart" allows you to put any kind of mean, gossipy crud in a phrase and then make it sound like you're not a jerk. Similar to the phrase "he's a nice guy, but . . ." you can ignore everything before the "but" (or everything after the "bless") and get the real intent of the speaker.

billvon

> no amount of "Bless your Heart" BS will change how messed up the minds of
> these people are.

It was Kate Cooper that first realized that the construction "you know, she's really XXXXX, bless her heart" allows you to put any kind of mean, gossipy crud in a phrase and then make it sound like you're not a jerk. Similar to the phrase "he's a nice guy, but . . ." you can ignore everything before the "but" (or everything after the "bless") and get the real intent of the speaker.

No offense, but

Correct again Wendy!
:)

I've seen the way their god answers prayers and "blesses" his followers.
I'd prefer to not have that.
:P

I cannot fathom the anguish a true religious believer being born with anything (as a broad generic term) that the church folks would blame that person for making a "choice" and then continue to pile on the insults and accusations (much like a lot of this thread). That has to be troubling.
How do people that believe like Ron does deal with having a gay or transgendered child?
Why would god do that to them????
:S:S:S

Abedy

First of all I think it is a pity that you make cheap remarks to ridicule Wendy's comment. If you think about it seriously you may realise why she wrote this.

I understand why she liked your post...I just thought her comment was silly and melodramatic...I threw up a little in my mouth.

Abedy

Personally, I am sorry that you feel "pushed to accepting" (which isn't possible, you surely mean "to tolerate" as "to accept" comes from within) other human being for who they are.

The problem is that when someone in a public forum expresses their opinion on how they find transition surgery a bit disturbing, the PC crowd flips out.

People do weird shit all the time...like those lobe gauges. I also saw one guy with 2" diameter holes in his both his cheeks and stuck a branch through it. It's weird...it's disturbing. Some people didn't like my tattoos and previous piercings. Some people think I'm delusional for believing in God. Some people may think it's disturbing that I'm circumcised...but I can understand why they feel that way and don't feel the need to go around treating them like some slope-headed bigot just because they don't understand certain aspects of my lifestyle. (actually, I take that back...I did recently refer to some atheists here as "vengenful bigots," but nevermind that...)

Abedy

I am so sorry I inconvenience you by not leading the life I was ...oh wait... I was pushed into by society.

Society has nothing to do with how you were born, but I agree that society is a big part of the problem. If it wasn't for societal pressure, maybe a transsexual would feel more inclined to live naturally with a female mentality, comfortable in her own foreskin.

Abedy

I dunno how you come to the idea that transgender people "don't accept themselves." It is just this accepting themselves, this no longer pretending to be someone you were pushed into, this embracing of your true identity that leads to happiness, authenticity and inner calm.

It would seem to me that "accepting themselves" would mean accepting themselves as they are with no need to pretend or change their identity. They could be their own unique, independent person that doesn't have to fit into the traditional "two-party system"

Now, I know that's much easier said then done, and on a personal level, I don't like to see anyone in pain - physically nor emotionally - so I'm happy you found something that works for you.

...but if you aren't happy, I would hope you'd be honest about it and share your feelings so others wouldn't make the same mistake. It's probably not the case, but sometimes you don't seem so sure...it almost as if you're trying to convince yourself, but I know your transition was fairly recent and I'm probably just confusing your zealousness with insecurity....

Abedy

my students told me that I am more authentic now, others added I am calmer, so this is something I don't only imagine. They deal with me day by day and, guess what, address me with female pronouns, call me "Ms", and I often get commended for how I dress or my make-up. And some of them are religious and nevertheless treat me respectfully and affirmingly.

Ya...that's how it's supposed to be. We treat each other like human beings...I would treat you the same.

....and then if for some reason we started having a discussion at lunch about transition surgery, I'd give you my honest "black and white sad 'murican world view" opinion without blowing smoke up your ass. I'd say I think it's weird and find mind altering hormone replacement therapy to be very disturbing...

You'd probably start bitching at me, but I'd just blame the hormones...

Abedy

...down there a good deal of the wrongly plumbed privates are now inside me.

How colorful...you won me over.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

The problem is that when someone in a public forum expresses their opinion on how they find transition surgery a bit disturbing, the PC crowd flips out.

You and others can rail on and on against being PC if you want... BUT..... I call it respect for another human being.... which I find it hard to respect people who show so little respect to their fellow human beings...
I am quite guilty of showing very little respect to those who themselves show so little humanity towards other human beings... I guess I am flawed that way.

But I will let the Lord judge them in the end..... since so many who show so little respect or love as the Lord taught seem to claim to believe in the Lord and believe themselves to be "good Christians"

Amazon

I am quite guilty of showing very little respect to those who themselves show so little humanity towards other human beings... I guess I am flawed that way.

It's a viscous cycle...and it goes both ways.

Matthew 5:46-47
If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Hi,

thanks for your reply which due to its length helped me understand your point of view.

First: Transgender people usually do NOT like to talk about GCS (gender confirming surgery) especially not in public. This topic is usually brought up by cisgender (i.e. non-trans) persons (of which a good number is pretty curious about GCS, some missing basic etiquette)
If I am close to someone and we are in private I will answer questions if they are asked to UNDERSTAND and to gain more insight.

As you write: Transgender people are born this way. It is not a lifestyle. It is only a "choice" insofar as one day, when you have had it, when you are so worn out, so desperate, and hit rock bottom you have to decide whether you stop living a lie into you are pushed by society based on the short look at your genitalia by a midwife or physicians when you were born or whether you admit to yourself and transition into living true to your gender.

Some trans folks opt for HRT and/or GCS as elements of their transition. I did so. Maybe in a hundred years with society being much more open and educated about gender issues, I would have decided to transition without HRT and GCS but I live now and HRT made and makes me so happy, feel so right and real. GCS is nothing I'd ever regret. I is so great, so really great to be able to simply roll out of bed, put on a T-shirt and pants and go out and to not have to wear a bra with gel pads, to "tuck" the southern polar region and to cover 5-o'clock-shadow with layers of heavy make-up. And my body now feels right. It is so great when your physical appearance is in congruence with your gender identity.
So maybe HRT -- which is simply taking pills (estrogen is not available for injection here in Germany, unfortunately) -- being "disturbing" to you may not be HRT as such itself but your knowing it is part of my being transgender?
Again, I would never, and the same is about almost all trans folks, tell you about surgery at lunch. Really, at lunch? I'd find surgery talks while having lunch disturbing myself no matter what kind of surgery.
When I am at my drop zone, I do not talk about anything trans related to my fellows. (I only told about my life and what it means to be transgender when I introduced myself to my new trans-friendly drop zone crew and some folks around and that was that.) Surgery? HRT? Why talk about it? We talk about skydiving. The weather. With girls, maybe some girl stuff. Dresses, shoes, how macho men can be aggravating us and when we react telling us the hormones speak out of us.
No, I simply am Hannah, one of the women at my DZ.

Best wishes,
Hannah :)

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks