rhys

Gravitatonal collapse of WTC buildings damaged by fire and newtons laws of momentum.

the history channel is in on the conspiracy as well don't you know......

not one person saw the explosives planted ? nah , must have happened during construction , nah someone would have seen that , could have happened during storage of construction materials or manufacture , or transport . how did they know how long to wait till 19 religion of peacers hi jacked airliners and pointed them irrevocably at WTC. i bet the conspiricists responsible for activating detonaters had to scramble . maybe they were manned 24/7/365 !

not one person saw the explosives planted ? nah , must have happened during construction , nah someone would have seen that , could have happened during storage of construction materials or manufacture , or transport . how did they know how long to wait till 19 religion of peacers hi jacked airliners and pointed them irrevocably at WTC. i bet the conspiricists responsible for activating detonaters had to scramble . maybe they were manned 24/7/365 !

You know that the CIA was the ones responsible for inserting the assets, the pilot teachers that taught them how to fly.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You know that the CIA was the ones responsible for inserting the assets, the pilot teachers that taught them how to fly.

Bull shit
Those planes were under remote control

The crew and passengers are all those characters seen on Lost the past all those seasons

Everybody with a brain knows that>:(

:P
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Do you still believe the buildings did not fall through the path of least resistance? Unimpressed

They fell through 'what should have been' the path of greatest resistance

Has it occurred to you that the "path of greatest resistance" also happened to be "the path of greatest momentum?" The energy directing the building down vastly exceeds the energy directing the building laterally.

this reveals that pre planted explosives would have been necessary for what we observe to occur

Take another look at this page. http://layscience.net/node/124

Specifically, this picture: http://www.layscience.net/files/wtc/2.jpg

Note that the debris is being pushed laterally like a waterfall. Not up, but laterally and then down. The energy of the compaction and collisions push the debris outward toward the path of least resistance like glue squeezing out between two flat boards. This is because these pieces of debris are small enough to be affected by momentum shifting them out. Meanwhile, the structure that remains intact falls downward because there was no other energy factor that was sufficient to provide lateral momentum.

For an example of the forces required to push the top of that building over, remember that a 767 flying at 540 mph didn't topple it (of course, there are plenty of people out there who would disagree because despite the video and thousands of eyewitnesses these people will say it didn't happen). Another 767 traveling 100 mph more slowly didn't topple the other one. That energy wasn't enough to puch the building over.

Coupled with extensive tangable evidence of these explosives

What tangible evidence besides, "It looked like a controlled implosion?"

and the documented history the NIST had in the development of the said explosives in the years leading up to the events

So what? There's lots of documented evidence of lots of things.

You seem quite happy to ignore this evidence, so you do not use the scientific method.

No. Most of us are quite content with the realization that two structures suffered fatal damage as a result of passenger jet aircraft flying into them that led to their collapses. Others out there are not content with the knowledge that a group of twenty or so religious zealots could hijack aircraft and crash them into those two magnificent buildings, bringing them down and killing thousands, simply because they wanted to and did it

Ignoring the inferences in favor of what was seen with our very eyes seems more rational than the alternative.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The crew and passengers are all those characters seen on Lost the past all those seasons

QFT :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Has it occurred to you that the "path of greatest resistance" also happened to be "the path of greatest momentum?" The energy directing the building down vastly exceeds the energy directing the building laterally.

Thanks you for a reply worth commenting on, you seem quite rare these days as others cannot control thier egos and thier desire for a weak stab and an attempt to dilute the converstaion into one that they can undersatnd.

There is no wonder much of the skydiving community despises these forums.

I am off to a bunch of funerals now and do not have the time to absorb, contemplate and reply to your questions, I should be back around the weekend.

I will take the time to read and understand what it is you are asking and make a relpy.

This is something many of the others are not quite capabe of as it is quite clear from their replies that they have not taken the time to study this enough.

The television has taught them everything.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

This is something many of the others are not quite capabe of as it is quite clear from their replies that they have not taken the time to study this enough.

See, this is where you're just flat out wrong. By an overwhelming MAJORITY, experts in this field do NOT support your position.

It's you who's not quite capable of understanding that.

I have absolutely no problem questioning an idea - but when it's proven incorrect, you simply have to abandon the thought process. No amount of "but I feel" changes the fact that it's inaccurate.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Thanks you for a reply worth commenting on, you seem quite rare these days as others cannot control thier egos and thier desire for a weak stab and an attempt to dilute the converstaion into one that they can undersatnd.

There is no wonder much of the skydiving community despises these forums.

I am off to a bunch of funerals now and do not have the time to absorb, contemplate and reply to your questions, I should be back around the weekend.

I will take the time to read and understand what it is you are asking and make a relpy.

[whisper mode] pssst..Rhys! We are mocking you. You do know what that means don't you? If not then use Jakees three step plan. [/whisper mode]
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

ok rhys this is nothing personal BUT you are wrong in almost every conclusion you reach

1. the force that starts the collapse is not necessarily the force of one floor falling on the next as there were a number of variables, namely a plane hitting the building and causing widespread damage and fire. it is more than likely that supports failed somewhere beneath the top floor causing all floors above to fall at once not just one floor to fall

2. freefall speed. something can constantly accelerate without being in freefall. as one floor falls onto the next the force on the next floor is increased. this would lead to the faster collapse of the next floor which would in turn add to the mass of the materials hitting the next floor and so on a so forth causing the speed of collapse to accelerate until there are no more floors to collapse. im having a hard time believing that the terminal velocity of thousands of tonnes of concrete would be anywhere near reached with a height of 1300feet

3. path of least resistance. a big square of concrete falling onto another big square of concrete it is parallel to will not fall to one side or the other it will just fall onto the big square of concrete and stay there. a simple way to demostrate this would be to drop a square tile onto another square tile and observe the result.

there was a fourth thing i disagreed with you on but i cant remember it right now

Yes, TV is limited, and a lot is not woth the effort of using the ON button; but it is orders of magnitude better than the Truther BS you peddle.

Someone mentioned Lost. I'm not a fan, but am familiar with it, and it is more believable than the incredibly fantastic web you've been drawn into.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

BTW, everything you've proposed has been thoroughly debunked many times over. You are being mocked more than you are being seriously debated because of repeating the same BS over and over and over.

It's like standing around the bonfire with a drunk who tells the same story 6 times every night. At some point the story is no longer the issue - the person is.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

3. path of least resistance. a big square of concrete falling onto another big square of concrete it is parallel to will not fall to one side or the other it will just fall onto the big square of concrete and stay there. a simple way to demostrate this would be to drop a square tile onto another square tile and observe the result.

there was a fourth thing i disagreed with you on but i cant remember it right now

4. path of least intelligence. Some people will believe anything

> as fire damage is not symmetrical . . .

Agreed. In some places, loss of support occurred far before the upper structure collapsed. Fire damage was worst in the center, but it certainly wasn't perfectly symmetric.

>and this tyoe of falure is inprecedented, we will go on and look at what
>was actually observed and compare to your presented hypothesis.

>What evidence do you suggest there is for your hypothesis to be possible?

That there was severe damage caused by the aircraft impact; this did not cause the collapse, although it did completely destroy parts of the building. The effects of the fire was even more damaging, although it did not cause any problems for about an hour. Parts of the structure (like the floor below the impact) were seen to be failing as time went on.

Thus you had a situation where the remaining structure was taking more and more load. This continued until the remaining structure could not take the load - and at that point any structure that might have mitigated the collapse had been damaged or weakened by fire. Thus when the building began to collapse, there was not much to slow down the first 10ish feet of collapse.

Several proposals have talked about honeycomb or other energy-absorbing materials for skyscraper construction as a result of this collapse. These would still fail but would provide more gradual deceleration; this could help prevent the sort of total failure we saw in this case.

Um - lower portions of the building DID weaken. The topmost floors of both towers stayed intact and fell when lower sections were weakened.

This Bull Shit in physics major perhaps should have an explanation of a couple things: (1) potential energy; and (2) kinetic energy. Thanks to gravity, all that matter piled up high is potential energy.

Now, the base floors of the structure were designed to be able to resist all that potential energy. However, when something like a plane hitting the building at 540 mph and spraying jet fuel that burns, well, the buiding has just absorbed quite a jolt of kinetic energy. (The plane was potential energy converted into potential).

Then, the part that was compromised was weakened to where it could not longer support the weight of the mass above it. All of that weight (potential energy) was converted into kinetic energy. So much kinetic energy, in fact, that seismometers as far as New Hampshire detected the shaking caused when the earth ultimately absorbed the impact.

Force? Weight? There is a relationship, but as we also know, kinetic energy is determined as .5(mass) x velocity (squared). When the top floors fell one floor it accelerated. The forces and kinetic energy increased on each floor below because more kinetic energy was hitting each subsequent floor (that energy being transfered DOWN) and we know it was transfered because the floors collapsed! They did NOT absorb the blows.

The author's assumptions about upward force are hilarious! Upward force (that against gravity) is "kinetic energy!" The kinetic energy was provided when the buildings were built!

A steel hand grenade is designed to withstand the energy of the incendiary substance within it, right? Well, it was support the POTENTIAL energy in it but the kinetic energy blows it to bits.

AND - the guy's thoughts that a 36% piece cn destroy the rest of it is similarly misreresented. His idea is fine assuming that the "block" beneath is solid. However, since the "block" is actually 80-90 or so separate floors (each individually collapsing under the top energy) then we see how farcical this is.

One of your best posts.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Better yet, so you get a real good view of what happens, use your forehead instead of a cup and have somebody more responsible handle the hammer.

LMAO, really, if it wasn't for the fact that its about the murder of around 3,000 people, this would have to qualify as the funniest thread on dz.com.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

>I used the jenga blocks as a simple example of how the path of greatest
>resistance will alter the trajectory of a falling object.

Here's an even better example:

http://www.guitarsolos.com/videos-foot-kapla-stack-tower-falls-down-%5BNBbz2eIoVDQ%5D.cfm

Quick summary if you don't want to watch:

Students build a 31 foot Jenga-like tower. (I think this toy is actually called "kapla.")

First person tries to knock it down and shoots a ball at it with a slingshot. It knocks a big hole in it but the tower does not fall down. (Sound familiar?)

Second person shoots a ball at it and misses.

Third person shoots a ball at it and hits about the same place. This time the tower collapses - almost straight down. (Sound even more familiar?)

I didnt read the whole thread but..
Any conspiracy story...Kennedy - 911 - Lusitania .... CANT BE TRUE
Bill Clinton couldn't even suppress a blow job from becoming public knowledge... Do you really think anything much more complex than oral could remain a secret?

i've read the whole thread , and , you're onto something with this !