turtlespeed

The US Goverment has SO MUCH SURPLUS MONEY that . . .

. . . they can give it to mosques world wide.

Isn't that nice?

Isn't that responsible?

Isn't that typical of this administration?

Isn't it just disgusting?>:(

So much for separation between Church and State, huh? Why would ANY funding be given to ANY church, ANYWHERE in the US, let alone globally?

WTF?>:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Do you guys even read these articles or just blindly post the links.

Under a program established by Congress in 2001, the State Department will fund at least five projects in as many countries to the tune of $271,000.

This has been going on since 2001. Not recently. You guys really need to read these articles before you post them and start pointing fingers.

It's for historic and cultural sites. I wasn't able to find any source material, but I'll bet there are Christian churches on the list as well.

Some churches are historical sites. Some mosques are historical sites.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Under a program established by Congress in 2001, the State Department will fund at least five projects in as many countries to the tune of $271,000.

This has been going on since 2001. Not recently. You guys really need to read these articles before you post them and start pointing fingers.

GASP

As if

Yes I read the article.

I even researched the program. Did you?

The fact that the whole thing could have been cut to save a bunch of money makes no difference to you, I get that. You must encourage our goverment to take our mpney and give it away to other countries because we have so much extra to do that.

CUT THE PROGRAM.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

The fact that the whole thing could have been cut to save a bunch of money

Turtle, that's a different argument, and one well worth having. Hanging the argument on mosques at this particular time changes it -- it implies that you're more OK with expending funds for all the other stuff than mosques.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The fact that the whole thing could have been cut to save a bunch of money

Turtle, that's a different argument, and one well worth having. Hanging the argument on mosques at this particular time changes it -- it implies that you're more OK with expending funds for all the other stuff than mosques.

Wendy P.

You must have skimmed the original post.:)

I must have missed the thread when you complained about this program during the eight years it was running under GWB. Could you provide a link?

Thanks.:)

I posted it back in the early part of 2003. Don't remember the exact date . . . you can look it up yourself.