Andy9o8

Who gives a shit what religion the President is?

No, I prefer that he be a professing Christian with the fruit of his behavior to back it up. That is much different from saying, "he must be a Christian."

In practice, it's really no difference at all.
If any, the difference is purely semantic: not what a president is, but what you prefer him NOT to be: anything that is openly and expressly not Christian.

OK, I'll own that. It still don't mean squat.

Ok.

Now what on earth did your "Hitler card" mean?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

No, I prefer that he be a professing Christian with the fruit of his behavior to back it up. That is much different from saying, "he must be a Christian."

If any, the difference is purely semantic: not what a president is, but what you prefer him NOT to be: anything that is openly and expressly not Christian.

Sure it does. It means you're one of many who feel that anyone of a religion other than Christianity should not be president.

I don't know how far you can go with this line of reasoning. I have my preferences and ONE vote. If my ONE vote meant squat we would have different elected officials.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Ok.

It meant that the use of information and logic does not necessarily mean good leadership. That was ryoder's position statement.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Ok.

It meant that the use of information and logic does not necessarily mean good leadership. That was ryoder's position statement.

You think Hitler used sound information and logic in his leadership of Germany? And you think he didn't lean heavily on religion?

I have now reached the point of diminishing returns for utils of satisfaction. Bye.

No, you mean that you can no longer support the line of bullshit you were trying to pass off as reasoned argument.

And a vote for L is still a vote for R.

so there's no difference in the party ideologies? You're not that dense. I know. I've seen you recognize the differences.

Mostly I've seen libertarians running as republicans, not republicans running as libertarians. So it might be more accurate to say the opposite, that voting republican might mean you're voting for a libertarian candidate.
--
Rob

No, because LWers aren't so ugly that they must hide behind a radio mike. :P

You are right (in a small point) I dont hide behind a mike
But lefty's do lie in front of the people and the TV's by acting more conservative (as Obama did) to get elected and swing back to what they really are after the elections:D:D

Makes you proud I bet:D

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I do not belong to a party.

Riiiiight. Hey do us a favor and list all of the presidents you voted for over the years. I have done this, but see, you won't because we will all be seeing red amidst you claiming not to belong to any party. Riiiight, we get ya.

I used to be a member of the Republican Party. Two years ago I resigned and am now No Party Affiliation.

Right, so you're an older gentleman with 40 years voting as a Republican, now you're a registered independent voting as a Republican; that clears it up. What caused you to resign, McCain too much a turd for you? Symbolism? But you still vote R down theline, let's be real. And a vote for L is still a vote for R.

You don't know who I voted for and it is not any of your business. I resigned because there were too many Republican fags in political prominence.

That's been going on for years, why the sudden objection?

As for who you voted for, I think we can safely just mark an indellible R all teh way down, Mr non-partisan.

I reckon that Religion is ALL about power, power & control [full stop]

So, there's almost no differentiate between it and Politics.

On target. It is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior that counts, not religion.

Or the choice to not have one. Of course I'm just being Constitutional, now back to your imposed Christianity.

There is no such thing as imposed Christianity according to the Holy Bible. There is only repentance and free will choice.

Right, but in application and from you saying a president must be Christian to be considered you are saying that as you want him to rule/preside from the bible, hence impose Christianity down our fucking throats.

This concept violates the 1st. Amazing how neo-cons hide the constitution some times, wave it vigorously others.

I did not say a president must be Christian.

Oh, I see, but you did write:

On target. It is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior that counts, not religion.

So you want a president who has a personal relationship with Jebus, but who is not necessarily a Christian. Now I'm really confused.

OK, as you'll have it, Mr Semantics.

Haha, I wrote that he was being semantic b4 I saw you wrote it too. Get offa my wavelength.

As you were then, you demand a president be Christian and not a dirty faggot, as you would say, or a dirty faggot lover, perhaps. But then you wave the Constitution to-and-fro when it seems opportunisticly desireable.

I see we've come full circle.

Sure it does. It means you're one of many who feel that anyone of a religion other than Christianity should not be president.

I don't know how far you can go with this line of reasoning. I have my preferences and ONE vote. If my ONE vote meant squat we would have different elected officials.

You should go back into obscurity in SC, you don't do the whole political thinmg real well, the tigers are eating you up and I don't mean that in a gay way, just to ensure you don't fall into spasms.

Ok.

HUH???? WTF? You neo-cons crack me up :D

I have now reached the point of diminishing returns for utils of satisfaction. Bye.

AKA got your ass handed to you. On a serious level, it must suck to not be able to express your views w/o feeling embarrassed. I don't mean that in a nasty way either.

There seems to be a whole bunch of people who don't want a christian president, but those same people somehow don't care if the president is muslim. Go figure.

Where on earth have you got that from?

Facts and logic.

News: http://pewforum.org/Politics-and-Elections/Growing-Number-of-Americans-Say-Obama-is-a-Muslim.aspx

10% of Democrats believe his is muslim. Undoubtedly, many of those 10% disliked former president Bush and his belief in christian faith, and also voted for Obama over McCain.

Therefore, there seems to be a whole bunch of people who don't want a christian president, but those same people somehow don't care if the president is muslim. Go figure.

so there's no difference in the party ideologies? You're not that dense. I know. I've seen you recognize the differences.

Right, textbook Libertarians share fiscal right views and moral left views. Now, it plays out like this:

- Libertarians

RW fiscal ideals 90%

LW moral ideals 10%

Hope that clears it up.

Mostly I've seen libertarians running as republicans, not republicans running as libertarians. So it might be more accurate to say the opposite, that voting republican might mean you're voting for a libertarian candidate.

I think their nametag can be flipped around to display the other party, this is done for cost savings since they seem to switch so often :D

If you wanna sit there and claim the the RW isn't generlly concerned about killing social welfare; you're nuts. If you wanna sit there and claim the the Libertarian Party isn't generlly concerned about killing social welfare; you're nuts.

They have the same agenda: KILL SOCIAL WELFARE AND CUT TAXES. FRom there they differ a little.

No, because LWers aren't so ugly that they must hide behind a radio mike. :P

You are right (in a small point) I dont hide behind a mike
But lefty's do lie in front of the people and the TV's by acting more conservative (as Obama did) to get elected and swing back to what they really are after the elections:D:D

Makes you proud I bet:D

WHat did he say to act conservative? If anything he acted too liberal to get elected. He promised:

- Get out of Iraq/AFG soon......he hasn't

- Promised HC in a single payer type sense.....he tried but settled for a bastardized version

- Promised to raise taxes.....he hasn't

So your attempt to make RW the desired version has fallen on its tits again. Liberalism was favored and he has fallen short of his liberal promises, not all his fault, but he has shifted right of his promises.

10% of Democrats believe his is muslim. Undoubtedly, many of those 10% disliked former president Bush and his belief in christian faith, and also voted for Obama over McCain.

John, you're talking bollocks.

You have one statistic followed by several huge assumptions, which are also pretty wrong.

Facts and logic.

Nope, bollocks and more bollocks.

Right, textbook Libertarians share fiscal right views and moral left views. Now, it plays out like this:

- Libertarians

RW fiscal ideals 90%

LW moral ideals 10%

Hope that clears it up.

I think their nametag can be flipped around to display the other party, this is done for cost savings since they seem to switch so often :D

If you wanna sit there and claim the the RW isn't generlly concerned about killing social welfare; you're nuts. If you wanna sit there and claim the the Libertarian Party isn't generlly concerned about killing social welfare; you're nuts.

They have the same agenda: KILL SOCIAL WELFARE AND CUT TAXES. FRom there they differ a little.

That's what I love about you. a calm, non-emotional discussion...

oh wait... I can expect more of that from my wife. My mistake.
--
Rob

- Libertarians

RW fiscal ideals 90%

LW moral ideals 10%

Hope that clears it up.

That's what I love about you. a calm, non-emotional discussion...

oh wait... I can expect more of that from my wife. My mistake.

Another neo-con unable to address the issue so he strawman's over to an ad hominem; typical.

So where's the emotion? All I'm saying is that righties, Libertarians wan to kill social programs, how is that emotional? Oh, I see, it isn't, but in order to not appear sociopathic you must avoid that argument and move on to me. Typical.

You don't know who I voted for and it is not any of your business. I resigned because there were too many Republican fags in political prominence.

You mean homosexual men forced to deny their natural urges based on a combination of Christian indoctrination and brainwashing?

Disgusting.

Another neo-con unable to address the issue so he strawman's over to an ad hominem; typical.

So where's the emotion? All I'm saying is that righties, Libertarians wan to kill social programs, how is that emotional? Oh, I see, it isn't, but in order to not appear sociopathic you must avoid that argument and move on to me. Typical.

you were the one leaning on your shift key. That's where the emotion came across. it came across that I struck a nerve. Usually when I do you respond my calling me a neo-con (as you did here). Actually you use that as an insult a lot. It's kind of boring. You should come up with something new.

I don't see where appearing sociopathic fits in to this. I don't think that word means what you think it means.
--
Rob

you were the one leaning on your shift key. That's where the emotion came across. it came across that I struck a nerve.

Shift key here, were there caps used? I scrolled back and didn't see it, it really isn't important enough to research. Trust me, you struck no nerve, if I used caps it was to draw emphasis to a point. I realize the opposite is true, I struck a nerve and you want to flip it - good luck.

Usually when I do you respond my calling me a neo-con (as you did here). Actually you use that as an insult a lot. It's kind of boring. You should come up with something new.

Isit an insult? Altho the definition changes, the current one describes Reagan, your hero. It means a Dem truned Republican, cutting taxes, raising spending. I think it has teeth, where as neo-Dem never would because the Republican Party advertises solid, staunch beliefs and when they change it opposes their advertised protocol.

I don't see where appearing sociopathic fits in to this. I don't think that word means what you think it means.

No, I think you don't understand it. Tell me, how little do you feel when you see human sufferring? Right, claim you feel much then elect garbage who cuts social benefits; get it? I'm using it in the context of lack of conscience; its defined meaning.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sociopath

Now show me your definition. Or is it the same, you just feel a lot of conscience for the very rich.

yeah... I had a full reply all typed up. but you're wasting my time. here... I'll save you the trouble of typing it:

Lucky: look... another neo-con that couldn't support his argument and had to walk away.

(yes, you've become that predictable... sad really)
--
Rob