ridestrong

Dog owner beaten by two Denver Police officers.

In my experience (I've crossed borders quite a few times in vehicles) only the driver gets asked questions; no other person in a car with us has never been asked anything. This was the one & only time (so far anyway).

I guess it depends on your age. As a kid travelling with your family, then I wouldn't expect them to talk directly to you. But as an adult, I know I've never crossed the border without talking directly to an agent. Come to think of it, CBP even asks my kids questions directly.

Maybe I'm old school...when you come to a crossing, off come the sunglasses, off goes the radio and everyone in the car pays attention to the agent...

I haven't been a kid for a long time. ;)
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

In my experience (I've crossed borders quite a few times in vehicles) only the driver gets asked questions; no other person in a car with us has never been asked anything. This was the one & only time (so far anyway).

I guess it depends on your age. As a kid travelling with your family, then I wouldn't expect them to talk directly to you. But as an adult, I know I've never crossed the border without talking directly to an agent. Come to think of it, CBP even asks my kids questions directly.

Maybe I'm old school...when you come to a crossing, off come the sunglasses, off goes the radio and everyone in the car pays attention to the agent...

You have to realize that some of the Animals are FAR MORE equal than others.

Then maybe you should stop acting like one :P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

That's the problem with the laws against video-taping or audio-taping police (varies by locale). Simply put, they don't like it. The beating was downright unwarranted and I hope the two officers are punished accordingly. Maybe the guy didn't know, or he wouldn't have invited the confrontation by getting his cell out and aiming it at them.

If you're going to tape police action, do it discreetly, and then send the evidence to the local media anonymously. Don't make your intentions known between the two points in time, or they are liable to come after you. :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If you're going to tape police action, do it discreetly, and then send the evidence to the local media anonymously. Don't make your intentions known between the two points in time, or they are liable to come after you. :S

But if the taping is done obviously, they're less likely to do things that aren't easily undone (like shoot or maim you). It does you little good to have evidence that will punish them after you're dead. And it's in the greater good for this country to get rid of these ridiculous laws that prohibit such recordings.

And it's in the greater good for this country to get rid of these ridiculous laws that prohibit such recordings.

I fully agree.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

That's the problem with the laws against video-taping or audio-taping police (varies by locale). Simply put, they don't like it. The beating was downright unwarranted and I hope the two officers are punished accordingly. Maybe the guy didn't know, or he wouldn't have invited the confrontation by getting his cell out and aiming it at them.

Like I said - fucking dirty pigs!
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Now this is something I've always wondered about these trumped up citizen\police encounters.

We've all seen the college kid getting beaten down in the street or the Critical Mass rider getting clocked off his bicycle. Both times the vic was written up for felony charges (the trifecta- assaulting an officer, resisting arrest, maybe disorderly conduct) in the arrest report. This is a sworn, court admissible document. Why is it that these officers are not held in contempt or charged with perjury?

Yeah, there have been too many of these reports here in Denver lately.

Here's another one. This guy got fucked up, other sites show pics of his face after the beat down.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Now this is something I've always wondered about these trumped up citizen\police encounters.

We've all seen the college kid getting beaten down in the street or the Critical Mass rider getting clocked off his bicycle. Both times the vic was written up for felony charges (the trifecta- assaulting an officer, resisting arrest, maybe disorderly conduct) in the arrest report. This is a sworn, court admissible document. Why is it that these officers are not held in contempt or charged with perjury?

Probably the same reason why DA's aren't charged after people are released for wrongful convictions.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Probably the same reason why DA's aren't charged after people are released for wrongful convictions.

Didn't the DA in the Duke Lacrosse rape case get charged for wrongful prosecution or something like that?

Coming out of Big Bend National Park last month there was a Border Patrol checkpoint about 20 miles North of the park boundary. The agent made us turn the radio off, remove our sunglasses and asked each occupant of the car individually if he/she was a US citizen.
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.