ridestrong

Dog owner beaten by two Denver Police officers.

Mark Ashford was walking his dogs near 20th and Little Raven, when he witnessed police pull over a driver for failing to stop at a stop sign. He told the driver he saw him stop and would be willing to testify in court.

His attorney, Will Hart, said the police officers overheard Ashford's comment and "weren't happy about it."

Hart said the officers demanded Ashford's I.D. and wouldn't let him leave. "They had no reason to stop him or detain him, that's a violation of his fourth amendment rights," said Hart.

Ashford then tried to take a picture of the officers to document the incident, but both the officers pulled his hand behind his back and attempted to arrest him. Ashford appeared to struggle before he was slammed into a railing, punched repeatedly in the face and wrestled to the ground.

Ashford was charged with interference and resisting arrest, but the charges were later dropped, "because the city attorney agreed his fourth amendment rights were violated," said Hart.

Excessive force complaints were filed against the officers.

A Denver police department spokesperson said the internal affairs investigation is closed, but the independent police monitor says he is reviewing the surveillance video to determine if the police officers used excessive force.

Richard Rosenthal said it is likely he will recommend a more thorough investigation.

Ironically, it's the police department's own surveillance camera that may provide the proof.

--

Stupid pigs!
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

My assumption is that they are trying to portray the image that the man in question was a decent average guy. And not some 'thug' who was loitering on the street who was looking to take down 'the man' by lying about the incident.

I would like to see the raw unedited footage. What they did show is clearly edited. The guy did something to provoke the officers and was clearly resisting arrest. Now did it warrant the level of violence? It depends on the rest of the video.

If he did something bad enough to provoke them then the case wouldn't have been dropped. And the prosecutors would have definitely seen the 'whole film'.

And if he took a swing at them, then they would have a clear case.

And there is nothing else he could have done to warrant it. Even if he called them useless fucking pigs.

Mark Ashford was walking his dogs near 20th and Little Raven, when he witnessed police pull over a driver for failing to stop at a stop sign. He told the driver he saw him stop and would be willing to testify in court.

that's why you need red light cameras and stop sign cameras :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

If he did something bad enough to provoke them then the case wouldn't have been dropped. And the prosecutors would have definitely seen the 'whole film'.

And if he took a swing at them, then they would have a clear case.

And there is nothing else he could have done to warrant it. Even if he called them useless fucking pigs.

+1
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I would like to see the raw unedited footage. What they did show is clearly edited. The guy did something to provoke the officers and was clearly resisting arrest. Now did it warrant the level of violence? It depends on the rest of the video.

Unedited video on lower portion of page.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-second-police-beating-txt,0,3693269.story
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

IThe guy did something to provoke the officers and was clearly resisting arrest.

Yeah, he apparently witnessed them doing something wrong and offered to testify that they were not telling the truth.

Clearly that deserves a beating...
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

FUCKING DIRTY PIGS!! >:(>:(>:(

I just watch the raw video and decided there is a cell phone conspiracy. I have notice when the cops attack a bystander like this the individual is using a cell phone.:o

I just watch the raw video and decided there is a cell phone conspiracy. I have notice when the cops attack a bystander like this the individual is using a cell phone.:o

You just made me think of the last time I was crossing the boarder into Canada not too long ago. My mother pulled up to the booth, while I was in the passenger seat, talking on the phone - the female boarder patrol officer gives a dead serious look, & with a likewise serious tone of voice demands I get off the phone. If I hadn't she would have probably pulled her gun on me (I can read people very well, & don't doubt for a second she would have). :| Bitch.

You just made me think of the last time I was crossing the boarder into Canada not too long ago. My mother pulled up to the booth, while I was in the passenger seat, talking on the phone - the female boarder patrol officer gives a dead serious look, & with a likewise serious tone of voice demands I get off the phone. If I hadn't she would have probably pulled her gun on me (I can read people very well, & don't doubt for a second she would have). :| Bitch.

Seriously?? Are you really surprised by her reaction? You presented yourself to a border agent so that you can be interviewed to enter the country and you are on the phone??

I'm absolutely blown away that you think that is an alright thing to do...

Seriously?? Are you really surprised by her reaction? You presented yourself to a border agent so that you can be interviewed to enter the country and you are on the phone??

I'm absolutely blown away that you think that is an alright thing to do...

In my experience (I've crossed borders quite a few times in vehicles) only the driver gets asked questions; no other person in a car with us has never been asked anything. This was the one & only time (so far anyway).

>In my experience (I've crossed borders quite a few times in vehicles) only
>the driver gets asked questions; no other person in a car with us has never
>been asked anything.

Wow. Everyone in the car gets asked stuff when we cross a STATE border here. (The Border Patrol often sets up checkpoints on the 8 between CA and AZ.) And yes, they tell you to get off the phone if you're on it.

>In my experience (I've crossed borders quite a few times in vehicles) only
>the driver gets asked questions; no other person in a car with us has never
>been asked anything.

Wow. Everyone in the car gets asked stuff when we cross a STATE border here. (The Border Patrol often sets up checkpoints on the 8 between CA and AZ.) And yes, they tell you to get off the phone if you're on it.

Wow, I've never known that state boarder checkpoints EXIST! - granted, all of my driving has been limited to the Midwest & East coast, but even still...

This is why I'm glad I have a phone I can turn the audio recorder on with 3 taps of the screen and I live in a state I can record conversations with police without getting their consent. I don't have many interactions with police, but if one goes pear shaped I know I got my butt covered.
Peace, love and hoppiness

>Wow, I've never known that state boarder checkpoints EXIST!

Yep. We have actual border checkpoints for agricultural stuff (i.e. are you carrying any fruit?) The border patrol checkpoints are generally near but not on the state border, and in many cases that's because those locations are near to where people jump the border to get into the country. They generally just ask if everyone is a US citizen.

(A few years back a friend of ours drove to Eloy and answered that question "yes." She drove a few miles away, then thought "Oh my God, I'm not a citizen, I'm a permanent resident! Should I go back?")

A few years back a friend of ours drove to Eloy and answered that question "yes." She drove a few miles away, then thought "Oh my God, I'm not a citizen, I'm a permanent resident! Should I go back?")

Or do you remember David (Frenchy)? hHe took a date to seaworld or someplace and somehow on his way back to Perris, he ended up at the AZ border and when they asked him he got deported. :D
Dom

In my experience (I've crossed borders quite a few times in vehicles) only the driver gets asked questions; no other person in a car with us has never been asked anything. This was the one & only time (so far anyway).

I guess it depends on your age. As a kid travelling with your family, then I wouldn't expect them to talk directly to you. But as an adult, I know I've never crossed the border without talking directly to an agent. Come to think of it, CBP even asks my kids questions directly.

Maybe I'm old school...when you come to a crossing, off come the sunglasses, off goes the radio and everyone in the car pays attention to the agent...

(A few years back a friend of ours drove to Eloy and answered that question "yes." She drove a few miles away, then thought "Oh my God, I'm not a citizen, I'm a permanent resident! Should I go back?")

No, that's like opening Pandora's box, & would be BADDD juju!...

Thanks for telling me this by the way - my mom & are going out to Phoenix for Christmas/New Years to visit some friends, & will there I'm going to do my damndest to drive down to Eloy to get some tunnel time (although I imagine that getting any amount of block time is going to be a BITCH & half during the Holiday Boogie!) - so now I know to bring my passport, just in case. We're also going to be driving up to Vegas, so who knows if we'll be checked or not - but better safe than sorry...