RonD1120

Freedom, Westboro Baptist Church, Patriot Guard Riders

the demonic influence in our sport

I've yet to see any type of demon worship at any drop zone, . . .

I think some might view the excessive beer worship and other types of drug use to be a "demonic influence" in the sport.

. . . but have been criticized in the past for not taking part in a prayer.

Seriously? I don't think I've ever even seen anyone praying at a dropzone. Well, not that I was aware of.

the demonic influence in our sport

I've yet to see any type of demon worship at any drop zone,....

Demonic influence is not the same as demon worship.

Reference:

Ephesians 2

1And you were dead in your trespasses and sins,
2in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.
3Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.

But, as I said above that was not the theme of the OP.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>So tell me, what sacrifice is made, what risk is taken by the men and
>women that keep our bases running?

=======
ELMENDORF AIR FORCE BASE, Alaska, July 29, 2010
Four Dead in Alaska Air Force Base Crash

C-17 Cargo Plane on Training Run Crashed Wednesday, Sending Fireball into the 750 Feet into the Sky

A C-17 jet was practicing for an upcoming air show in Alaska when the plane went down and exploded. As Betty Nguyen reports, all four passengers are assumed dead.
=======

Your snip provides insufficient information, but if the 3 were on a training run as indicated, they are not the personnel tasked with keeping the base running. And those people are not the ones deployed elsewhere.

Let's stop dicking around - we're not talking about the marines here. We're talking about the notion that 100% of the military personnel act at a level more dangerous or heroic than other in country civilians doing other jobs. And that's obviously false.

We're ignoring the even dumber premise that free speech should be curtailed, or isn't understood by those without military experience.

>Let's stop dicking around - we're not talking about the marines here. We're
>talking about the notion that 100% of the military personnel act at a level
>more dangerous or heroic than other in country civilians doing other jobs.

No one (other than you) said that. In GENERAL, soldier's lives are more at risk than doctor's. There are doctors who go into mines to try to rescue trapped miners; they are more at risk. There are soldiers who mop the floors in an office building somewhere; they are less at risk. But in general the statement holds true.

killed on the spot, yes. But medical types are exposed to a number of diseases and radiation on a daily basis. Those do impact and can shorten life. Compared to a logistics clerk at an Army base stateside, it's certainly a higher level of risk for the lab techs at the hospital.

You're comparing the idea stateside enlistment to medical types being exposed to XXXX without any safeguards, one extreme against another. Ofcourse they're exposed to it, but there are many guards and measures in place to ensure they don't get it. That's why there are not any epidemics of medical staff getting diseases or radiation poisoning. Sort of like skydiving, it is inherently dangerous, but there are measures in place to ensure that people going in are rare exceptions and not the rule -- same with people in the medical field being exposed to [insert here].

>Let's stop dicking around - we're not talking about the marines here. We're
>talking about the notion that 100% of the military personnel act at a level
>more dangerous or heroic than other in country civilians doing other jobs.

No one (other than you) said that. In GENERAL, soldier's lives are more at risk than doctor's. There are doctors who go into mines to try to rescue trapped miners; they are more at risk. There are soldiers who mop the floors in an office building somewhere; they are less at risk. But in general the statement holds true.

Lets not forget these people. http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/6-americans-among-foreign-doctors-killed-in-afghanistan/19584827

I wouldn't call it a rare or extreme event:

Results: During a single procedure, the estimated probability of hepatitis C virus transmission from an infected patient to an uninfected surgeon ranged from 4.2×10−5% to 4.2×10−4%, and from 2.98×10−6% to 2.98×10−5% to an uninfected nurse. For surgeons, the estimated annual cumulative risk of occupational infection ranged from 0.01% to 0.1% (1 in 10000 to 1 in 1000), and for nurses from 0.0054% to 0.054% (1 in 18700 to 1 in 1900).

1 in 1000 is roughly the annual death rate for skydivers. And that's only one of a number of risks for surgeons or nurses.

>I wouldn't call it a rare or extreme event:

That's true!

Come to think of it, we're ignoring the most dangerous profession of all - fast food workers. The #1 cause of death in the US is due to heart disease, a condition that is often the direct result of eating junk food. (Other people can indeed eat junk food, but as your example of needle sticks illustrates, the people who dispense the stuff are clearly at greater risk.) Countrywide, 190 out of 100,000 people will die of heart disease and fast food workers are clearly at an even higher risk than that.

If you think .01% to .1% is bad, then a FATALITY rate of over .19% is surely catastrophic.

If you've never served you will never know. I guess all of you Military haters on this board dont realize that every single individual that enlists does of their own accord. All VOLUNTEER Military. In doing so they sign Uncle Sugar a check up too and including their very own life. SO, you can hate them all you want, but until your willing to make that same very sacrifice STFU.

pure ignorant bravado. Individuals serve for individual reasons, but to the government(s) they serve they are little more than bullets in a gun. This is true no matter what flag is on their arm.

For you, the key words of his post are, "If you've never served you will never know." There is a strong bond among military veterans.

That bond used to exist between sport parachutists. However, that closeness disappeared many, many years ago.

For you the key words are "fuck off".

I am a veteran and my family has a history of military service that goes back more than 120 years.

The words of Disposal Heroes apply, particularly if you believe your government cares about your life while in service AT ALL.

GI is a term from generations past for a reason. Soldiers are a tool of government, pretending the government cares is delusional. The bond between those who serve is never in question, but stop pretending the reasoning is more noble than that of one brother to another because the 'larger purpose' is pure sophistry.

>I wouldn't call it a rare or extreme event:

That's true!

Come to think of it, we're ignoring the most dangerous profession of all - fast food workers. The #1 cause of death in the US is due to heart disease, a condition that is often the direct result of eating junk food. (Other people can indeed eat junk food, but as your example of needle sticks illustrates, the people who dispense the stuff are clearly at greater risk.) Countrywide, 190 out of 100,000 people will die of heart disease and fast food workers are clearly at an even higher risk than that.

If you think .01% to .1% is bad, then a FATALITY rate of over .19% is surely catastrophic.

Real numbers compiled by the BLS. Oddly, military occupational deaths rank fairly low. Food industry worker rank fairly low, also (adding in someones poor eating habits does not contribute to an occupational hazard).

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/cfoi.pdf

http://www.icasualties.org/
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Yes, we should all demonstrate your level of tolerance.:S:S:S

It is Christ-like.

:D:DI gotta ask, how would you know?

I knew it before he spake it, Ronald.

I can see your attempt at establishing a time line, but would you please answer the question?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I am a veteran and my family has a history of military service that goes back more than 120 years.

You seem tense. I guess your military service was not a pleasant time and you did not make close friends in your unit. At any rate, thank you for your service. I don't suppose I'll be seeing you at veteran organizations or gatherings.

Also, you, and others as I have noted, missed the point of the OP at the start.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Soldiers are a tool of government, pretending the government cares is delusional. The bond between those who serve is never in question, but stop pretending the reasoning is more noble than that of one brother to another because the 'larger purpose' is pure sophistry.

I've always liked the word "sophistry", ever since I learned about the Sophists in a freshman philosophy course. It's much more dignified than "bullshit!", although it is basically synonymous in this context. Problem is, if you were to say, "I call sophistry!" the next time someone extols the virtues of the 45-degree Rule, you'd only get a :|.
Whatta ya gonna do?

You seem tense. I guess your military service was not a pleasant time and you did not make close friends in your unit. At any rate, thank you for your service. I don't suppose I'll be seeing you at veteran organizations or gatherings.

Also, you, and others as I have noted, missed the point of the OP at the start.

You'd guess wrong. One would think a veteran would recall what the word assume is an acronym for.

You presume by your entire post that your viewpoint represents that of all veterans, this presumption is laughablly far from truth

I applaud all exercise of constitutionally protected rights, even those I disagree with. The WBC is exercising This rights just as the PGR is, and while I wouldn't piss on a burning WBC member to save their life, your follow up posts illustrate that you have forgotten some of the principles of the document you once swore to defend.

Not only are we not on the same page, we are not in the same book.

I refer back to and stand on my previous post, #62.

Being intimately familiar with your 'book' I'm glad I'm not in it.

as to the rest I stand by my statement. You know nothing about me, but assume much, you couldn't be more wrong in all your assumptions.

Being intimately familiar with your 'book' I'm glad I'm not in it.

as to the rest I stand by my statement. You know nothing about me, but assume much, you couldn't be more wrong in all your assumptions.

And you know nothing about him, yet assume much.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'm on vacation, but from my experience...baptists suck.

:D

and no..I'm not taking it back...they do...they suck up all the cash for themselves...especially the negro baptists in Detroit for whom I worked for a lil while...bling bling in hell.

"edify yo self...speak some tounges...plant yo thousan nollar seed!"

They payed me good too...couldn't take all them "thousan nollar seeds..." had to leave...

most of the time it was like comedy night at the apollo...what a joke!

...sorry...I gotta keep goin on...they'd bring in these false prophets that would literaly strip the pastor's son for a joke and make claims like..."detriot finna on da rise...we finna be rich for the next thousan years...plant yo seed"...and niggas be throwin they cash at em'...sick!

I was filming the show...I couldn't believe it...I was up on the stage filming about 20k in cash laying at the feet of the false prophet...and that was just the first hour...he went on and on till he sucked it all out...like 3 hours of BS black power mumbo jumbo...everybody hootin' and hollarin'...I was the only white boy in there...

I felt sorry for em' all...and I did absolutely nothing to help...I just left...well I said something, but they just tried to justify it...I still regret leaving,I shoulda showed them what up...guess i'm just a chump...no faith!

Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Consider this a warning...

Watch your words.

Turning "nigger" into "nigga" and thinking it's not offensive any more because they say it in raps doesn't change a thing. As per the rules, no blatant racism will be tolerated. So I'm giving you the same warning I gave another user in Bonfire last week.

You're free to show your true side, which you quite clearly have done, by turning a supposed post on baptists to one consisting of primarily mocking blacks. Which is fine generally, and within limits, though quite distasteful- but when "nigger" and "nigga" get placed inside a post containing racial criticism, that's pretty much the line.

I know there are posts where people argue that someone is or isn't racist. But there will be no arguing here.. I'm simply telling you, watch your wording when you're showing your true self.

Does the same go for otehr racial slurs that I hear around here from time to time? Paki, Rag head , Towel head etc..
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Consider this a warning...

Watch your words.

Turning "nigger" into "nigga" and thinking it's not offensive any more because they say it in raps doesn't change a thing. As per the rules, no blatant racism will be tolerated. So I'm giving you the same warning I gave another user in Bonfire last week.

You're free to show you're a racist, which you quite clearly have by turning a supposed post on baptists to one of race.

I know there are posts where people argue that someone is or isn't racist. But there will be no arguing here.. I'm simply telling you, watch your wording when you're showing your true self.

You've met Coreece, that you know if he's white or not?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'm on vacation, but from my experience...baptists suck.

:D

and no..I'm not taking it back...they do...they suck up all the cash for themselves...especially the negro baptists in Detroit for whom I worked for a lil while...bling bling in hell.

"edify yo self...speak some tounges...plant yo thousan nollar seed!"

They payed me good too...couldn't take all them "thousan nollar seeds..." had to leave...

most of the time it was like comedy night at the apollo...what a joke!

...sorry...I gotta keep goin on...they'd bring in these false prophets that would literaly strip the pastor's son for a joke and make claims like..."detriot finna on da rise...we finna be rich for the next thousan years...plant yo seed"...and niggas be throwin they cash at em'...sick!

I was filming the show...I couldn't believe it...I was up on the stage filming about 20k in cash laying at the feet of the false prophet...and that was just the first hour...he went on and on till he sucked it all out...like 3 hours of BS black power mumbo jumbo...everybody hootin' and hollarin'...I was the only white boy in there...

I felt sorry for em' all...and I did absolutely nothing to help...I just left...well I said something, but they just tried to justify it...I still regret leaving,I shoulda showed them what up...guess i'm just a chump...no faith!

Unusual for me to hear of Baptists speaking in tongues. Southern Baptists, at least the ones I've met, generally disdain the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues. That practice is within the purview of the four main Pentecostal churches and the Charismatics. The latter is an antiquated term, not sure if it is used anymore.

What you state in principle is why I do not represent any particular church. I preach relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

The Holy Bible instructs us to fellowship with other believers, for example the CHRISTIAN SKYDIVERS ASSOCIATION, but I caution, choose your church carefully.

Unfortunately, in this country we have allowed too much liberty with the freedom of religion.