billvon

Gay marriage now legal in California

Now if they will change the Federal tax laws to require them to file as married instead of single, the dual-earner couples can take it up the ass like the rest of us.

That would require the Fed to recognize that the marriage exists.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

. . . again. Stay was denied; marriages will resume in a week.

Score another one for marriage.

They _might_ resume in a week. Doesn't exactly sound final from what I've been reading. Sounds like the judge is giving opponents time to get a ruling from the court of appeals.

I've never heard a good arguement against gay marriage.

Score another one for equality.

Gays would destroy the sanctity of marriage.

Unlike Liz Taylor, Larry King, Denns Rodman, Britney Spears, Cher.....

They're going to have a big fight over who wears the tux and who wears the dress.
Oddly enough, just like Dennis Rodman.

:P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Adam and Steve aren't gay. If they were gay it would be Adam and Steven.

Is that pronounced "Thsteven"?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Adam and Steve aren't gay. If they were gay it would be Adam and Steven.

Is that pronounced "Thsteven"?

I knew SC was the place to be to read good threads...:D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

VOTERS say "No" and "One" openly Gay Judge says yes andd Overules the "VOTERS" and you rejoice?

I don;t give a fuck if gays get married, I DO give a fuck when one Judge with special interest "Over rules" the "VOTERS"!

Our system is NOT supposed to work this way!

YOUR rightts could be next...Most Judges think it is insane to jump out of airplanes....

Rejoice at seeing our system abused...Fools!>:(

>I don;t give a fuck if gays get married, I DO give a fuck when one Judge
>with special interest "Over rules" the "VOTERS"!

That happened back in the 1950's. The Supreme Court ruled that Virginia could not outlaw interracial marriages - even though most people in the US were against allowing blacks to marry whites.

Do you disagree with that decision? Should the judges have honored the "will of the people" and banned interracial marriages?

>YOUR rightts could be next.. . . .

Dude, this decision INCREASED people's rights. More people have the right to marry now.

>Most Judges think it is insane to jump out of airplanes....

Right. Heck, most people are scared of it; I could see a city or state outlawing it altogether.

And if a judge got the case and said "states cannot outlaw skydiving" would you complain bitterly about him "violating the will of the people?"

VOTERS say "No" and "One" openly Gay Judge says yes andd Overules the "VOTERS" and you rejoice?

I don;t give a fuck if gays get married, I DO give a fuck when one Judge with special interest "Over rules" the "VOTERS"!

YOUR rightts could be next...Most Judges think it is insane to jump out of airplanes....

Actually, you are completely wrong, the system is not being abused, it is working exactly as it should. The majority of voters should never be allowed to vote away the rights of the minority. The courts are the ones that have to decide if the minorities rights are being voted down and if they decide they are, then the majority loses. That is exactly the system of checks and balances that the FF had in mind. The majority does not and should not rule!
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

I know this has been beaten like a dead horse on these forums recently when posts exactly like this come up, but what you're saying is you're OK with the majority voting on the rights of a minority? You are OK with voters saying that blacks aren't allowed in the same school or at the same water fountain? Or that women were a lesser class to men and weren't allowed to do a lot of the same things they were, like vote??

I don't know where you went to school, but I fondly remember in grade school being taught that this is EXACTLY how our system is supposed to work.

YOUR rightts could be next

What rights? You act like this guy took rights away from somebody. He upheld the law and made sure minority is GIVEN the rights the majority tried to vote away. If my rights could be next to be increased somehow, then yea-- bring it on! :)
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

I know this has been beaten like a dead horse on these forums recently when posts exactly like this come up, but what you're saying is you're OK with the majority voting on the rights of a minority? You are OK with voters saying that blacks aren't allowed in the same school or at the same water fountain? Or that women were a lesser class to men and weren't allowed to do a lot of the same things they were, like vote??

I don't know where you went to school, but I fondly remember in grade school being taught that this is EXACTLY how our system is supposed to work.

I bet you learned the correct use of quotation marks too.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I bet you learned the correct use of quotation marks too.

Hey... right in my sig line that I make no claim to be good at grammar, punctuation, and the like! :)
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)