riddler

Sheriff's deputy beats inmate until his leg breaks

I saw that this morning. Pretty disturbing.

These LEO's that do this are just stupid. Like did he forget the cameras where there? Did he not think that someone was going to notice the broken leg and gsah on the prisoners leg? Stupid

On the other hand. I bet next time that guy gets arrested he wont threat to kill the next cops family.
Dom

The cop lost his job, justifiably!

Not only that, he should be in jail. This idiot cop cost that city a few million dollars. I can't wait to see the lawsuit this guy will file.

I know, that's right! He's probably got 'ambulance chasers' lined-up in front of his house.

Chuck

I agree. I can fully understand if he does sue the city. By having that cop in their employ, the city, 'approved' him. I feel, the city is just as responsible for the cop's actions as he is. What I was getting at was in regard to all the lawyers wanting to 'cash-in' on it.

Chuck

Sorry, but I can't even tell if the leg got broken. Guess the deputy didn't beat it hard enough. :P

Seriously, the cop was dead wrong here. :|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The only thing uncommon about that is that it's captured on video.

...and they wonder why they, as a group, get no respect.
:S

They don't? Heck, I respect them as a group. I respect them because I know that most are honorable men and women doing a job they get little thanks for.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

I respect cops as a group. But man, if one has a bad day, it can really hurt.

I guess the officer said that while they were riding in the van, the prisoner threatened to find his family and kill them. I've heard that some officers have training to deal with prisoners that say such things. I also know that Sheriffs Departments often get a lot less training and budget than city police do.

Seriously, though, I think this deputy should be put in prison.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

No respect for em here. I have some friends who work in the police and they confirm how they stick up for each other regardless of the facts...

For every 1 case that gets out into the media, there's another 100 that don't. Because most of em just have each others backs.

The police force is basically a gang. Just with a few good guys in it.

A guy in the street calls them a pussy, they beat the shit out of him. Then laugh about it with the other policemen. In so many cases it's a pure ego thing, knowing they have the power to do what they want. And in most cases will come off clear due to others keeping their mouths shut.

Not every policeman is bad or evil, but the force itself is.

Not only that, he should be in jail. This idiot cop cost that city a few million dollars. I can't wait to see the lawsuit this guy will file.

I know, that's right! He's probably got 'ambulance chasers' lined-up in front of his house.

Chuck

I know, the inmate shouldn't get a dime, if he were never incarcerrated he never would have been beaten; it's his fault.

BTW, ambulance chasing is aginst the bar rules; it's a figure of speech.

I agree. I can fully understand if he does sue the city. By having that cop in their employ, the city, 'approved' him. I feel, the city is just as responsible for the cop's actions as he is. What I was getting at was in regard to all the lawyers wanting to 'cash-in' on it.

Chuck

Lawyers can't pursue him to see if they want to secure his svs in teh mode you're talking about, at least not in AZ and prolly in most/all jurisdictions, but why care about the lawyers? This guy should cash in, I won't say to create the fantasy of deterrence, but just because it's due him. If there were no lawyers, there would be no settlement andhe would get zero.

They don't? Heck, I respect them as a group. I respect them because I know that most are honorable men and women doing a job they get little thanks for.

This is not a thread about the military, this is a thread about dirty pigs, as you were.

This is not a thread about the military, this is a thread about dirty pigs, as you were.

The commenet I responded to was directed at police as a group, not just the bad ones. Please try to pay attention.
And I was never a cop, let alone a "dirty pig".
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Chuck

I know, the inmate shouldn't get a dime, if he were never incarcerrated he never would have been beaten; it's his fault.

BTW, ambulance chasing is aginst the bar rules; it's a figure of speech.

It still goes-on. They're all over the t.v.!

Chuck

Chuck

Lawyers can't pursue him to see if they want to secure his svs in teh mode you're talking about, at least not in AZ and prolly in most/all jurisdictions, but why care about the lawyers? This guy should cash in, I won't say to create the fantasy of deterrence, but just because it's due him. If there were no lawyers, there would be no settlement andhe would get zero.

I know, lawyers can't persue 'victims' or anyone else. I was just trying to say, the guy will cash in and probably, rightfully so. BTW... what is 'teh mode'?

Chuck

The commenet I responded to was directed at police as a group, not just the bad ones. Please try to pay attention.
And I was never a cop, let alone a "dirty pig".

As you were menat to be ab independent statement, not an assertion that you were ever a cop - poor punctuation.

Police as a group - as another poster said, that is the problem; they are pigs as a group with a few good ones. Also, the courts allow them to get away with murder, so the problem is systemic and isn't getting better.

I can understand 'reasonable' force to control someone but this incident goes above and beyond 'reasonable' force. The cop lost his job, justifiably!

Chuck.

Right, let's not prosecute him, he meant well.

When did you start defending cops?

Chuck

- thought it was obvious.