falxori

Iran: West taints cigarettes with pig blood

Really?
While I find these accusations amusing, I wonder if anyone actually believes them...

Maybe they should thank "the west" for helping them fight smoking...

Iran: West taints cigarettes with pig blood

TEHRAN, Iran — Cigarettes smuggled into Iran have been tainted with pig blood and nuclear material as part of a Western conspiracy, an Iran official claimed Friday.

The semiofficial Mehr news agency quoted Mohammad Reza Madani from the Society for Fighting Smoking as saying contraband Marlboros have been contaminated with pig hemoglobin and unspecified nuclear material.

Madani claimed Philip Morris International, which sells Marlboro outside the U.S., is "led by Zionists" and deliberately exports tainted cigarettes. Pig products are considered unclean under Muslim law.

He provided no evidence or information about the confiscated cigarettes. Friday's report also gave no details on how the alleged contamination was discovered.

Tehran, which often alleges Western conspiracies, says 20 billion cigarettes are smuggled into Iran every year.

"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

TEHRAN, Iran — Cigarettes smuggled into Iran have been tainted with pig blood and nuclear material as part of a Western conspiracy, an Iran official claimed Friday.

Madani claimed Philip Morris International, which sells Marlboro outside the U.S., is "led by Zionists" and deliberately exports tainted cigarettes. Pig products are considered unclean under Muslim law.

funny accusation, since they're considered unclean under "Jewish law" too!
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

That's what made it so hard for me to quit smoking last year, those pig blood cravings.

Luckily I found a new outlet for my pigs blood intake, but its a secret so I don't want to say anything or Iran might find out about this one too.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

funny accusation, since they're considered unclean under "Jewish law" too!

Exactly what I was thinking. The 'nuclear material' is more peculiar though.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I'm not surprised. Iran is becoming to be on par with North Korea for their ridiculous accusations.

But a month of sundays away from coming close to the rediculous accusations of America.

You know those 'hunches' that lead to full scale war. these wars that are still going, and no end in sight...
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I'm not surprised. Iran is becoming to be on par with North Korea for their ridiculous accusations.

But their people will be indoctrinated into believing it.

Almost like people are indoctrinated that there is an all-knowing, all powerful supernatural entity; male, of course; who created, well, everything, in particular this one person who was both him and his son at the same time; and that after this person was executed as a political dissident, he rose from the dead and now spends most of his time holding small lambs in his lap while surrounded by young Caucasian children. Lots of people believe that one, too.

But a month of sundays away from coming close to the rediculous accusations of America.

You know those 'hunches' that lead to full scale war. these wars that are still going, and no end in sight...

Here are two accusations about Iran that I do not believe are ridiculous.
-The Iranian government has been an active sponsor of international terrorism since 1979;
- Iran is doing its utmost to produce and/or acquire weapons-grade nuclear material, along with the technology to weaponize it.

And I say this as someone who believes that the US govt was full of shit when it concocted the "WMD" excuse for going to war with Iraq.

Almost like people are indoctrinated that there is an all-knowing, all powerful supernatural entity; male, of course; who created, well, everything, in particular this one person who was both him and his son at the same time; and that after this person was executed as a political dissident, he rose from the dead and now spends most of his time holding small lambs in his lap while surrounded by young Caucasian children. Lots of people believe that one, too.

Yup, lots of people do believe that one. Good thing I don't ;)

That's what made it so hard for me to quit smoking last year, those pig blood cravings.

Luckily I found a new outlet for my pigs blood intake, but its a secret so I don't want to say anything or Iran might find out about this one too.

People yelling it at you after you write them a ticket doesn't fill the void?:ph34r:

-The Iranian government has been an active sponsor of international terrorism since 1979;

Isn't that around the time the USA was pumping Afghanistan full of weapons and training them to kill commies?

You know, the very people you are fighting against now, were your allies that your country trained and funded in that same period. What is it you are trying to say?

Surely you know about that also and take that into consideration?

Isn't that around the time the USA was pumping Afghanistan full of weapons and training them to kill commies?

You know, the very people you are fighting against now, were your allies that your country trained and funded in that same period. What is it you are trying to say?

As someone who knows a lot about the history of US politico-military-covert ops international relations, a lot about Iran, and a lot about international terrorism, my answer is:

The answer to each of your yes/no questions is Yes.

What I'm trying to say re: Iran is quite simply what I literally said about it in my previous post. I was speaking from a scholarly/historical standpoint.

None of the points are mutually exclusive.

Any fucking idiot that smokes has got way more to worry about than Pig Fat :S

True, but these guys are more worried about their immortal soul and getting into paradise than lung cancer, heart disease or any of that.

And not everyone who smokes is a "fucking idiot".

It's a lot more complicated than that. Most (as in almost all) smokers start in their mid to late teens, when they aren't all that smart and are pretty much immortal. There are a lot of different reasons, very few of which make sense in the long run.

By the time they realize how stupid of a chioce that they have made, they are hooked on the nicotine and find it very difficult to quit.

It took me a bunch of tries and a long time before I quit the last time. Hopefully it will be the last time, but I never know. I still get the urge to have one every now and again. Different things trigger it. Fortunately I have yet to pick up that first one, but I know I could. I know quite a few people who were "quit" for a while (months or even years) and started back up again. Most of them didn't have a good reason why, they "just did".
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Actually no... its far more interesting than that. Might I suggest actually reading and learning about what the goals of the Iranian regime actually are and who the US actually supported in the mid 1980's. Oh and please do that at some source other than the usual black helicopter sites mmmkkkk.

Actually no... its far more interesting than that. Might I suggest actually reading and learning about what the goals of the Iranian regime actually are and who the US actually supported in the mid 1980's. Oh and please do that at some source other than the usual black helicopter sites mmmkkkk.

Take care not to confuse incompetence with conspiracy.

Before I go on, I would like to point out that i am in no way supportive of iran and many of their inhumane actions, but I simply detest the hypocrasy that come out of America in the subject of terrorism.

This is not a stab at you directly Andy, more the general american viewpoint, in which I cannot hold you personally responsanble.

As someone who knows a lot about the history of US politico-military-covert ops international relations, a lot about Iran, and a lot about international terrorism, my answer is:

What I'm trying to say re: Iran is quite simply what I literally said about it in my previous post. I was speaking from a scholarly/historical standpoint.

It does seem quite hypocritical of the American government/people to suggest that Iran has supported terrorists when the very terrorists that 'the world is supposedly at war with currently, were actually trained and funded by the american taxpayer.

It is quite evident that the majority of the american people will be unaware of this circumstance, not because they have never been told, but because they never understood and the point was never made that conciseley.

This type od vital information is not included in the media so therefore the majority of the people are unaware and a majority is all the is needed to continue this madness.

Here is an article on the subject

“Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense. We have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security alone more than the net income of all United States corporations...."

That was the beginning of Eisenhowers speech in 1961...

imagine the amount of peoples livlihoods that are supported by the IMC now days... and we wonder why so many support war in america... thoseoh so profitable military contracts....

This seems like a good opportunity for one (america) to take a step back and review ones opinion of ones self.

Maybe if the anamosity and deaths caused by the conflicts that the US foreign policy has achieved over the past 50+ years were not so prevailent, then these 'rogue states' may not feel the need to arm themselves with nuclear weapons and such.

Have you ever pondered the thought that the industrial military complex may be responsable?

Our vigorous consumption of natural recources and the profit that is achieved from selling them is the real reason for americas current war tactics, not freedom and liberty.

If you are clued up on history you should well understands that. You were warned quite clearly by your Presedent as he left office decades ago about it, but it seems nobody has taken heed of that warning.

Once again I am not claiming the sovoiets were squeaky clean either, nor north korea, iraq, iran, or any country for that matter, we all have corruption and we all have to deal with it somehow.

Before I go on, I would like to point out that i am in no way supportive of iran and many of their inhumane actions, but I simply detest the hypocrasy that come out of America in the subject of terrorism.

This is not a stab at you directly Andy, more the general american viewpoint, in which I cannot hold you personally responsanble.

It does seem quite hypocritical of the American government/people to suggest that Iran has supported terrorists when the very terrorists that 'the world is supposedly at war with currently, were actually trained and funded by the american taxpayer.

It is quite evident that the majority of the american people will be unaware of this circumstance, not because they have never been told, but because they never understood and the point was never made that conciseley.

This type od vital information is not included in the media so therefore the majority of the people are unaware and a majority is all the is needed to continue this madness.

Here is an article on the subject

“Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense. We have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security alone more than the net income of all United States corporations...."

That was the beginning of Eisenhowers speech in 1961...

imagine the amount of peoples livlihoods that are supported by the IMC now days... and we wonder why so many support war in america... thoseoh so profitable military contracts....

This seems like a good opportunity for one (america) to take a step back and review ones opinion of ones self.

Maybe if the anamosity and deaths caused by the conflicts that the US foreign policy has achieved over the past 50+ years were not so prevailent, then these 'rogue states' may not feel the need to arm themselves with nuclear weapons and such.

Have you ever pondered the thought that the industrial military complex may be responsable?

Our vigorous consumption of natural recources and the profit that is achieved from selling them is the real reason for americas current war tactics, not freedom and liberty.

If you are clued up on history you should well understands that. You were warned quite clearly by your Presedent as he left office decades ago about it, but it seems nobody has taken heed of that warning.

Once again I am not claiming the sovoiets were squeaky clean either, nor north korea, iraq, iran, or any country for that matter, we all have corruption and we all have to deal with it somehow.

Have you EVER pondered what your safe little world would be like if we would have just told all of you to go fuck yourselves after WWII???

Personally I support doing just that........ bring.... everyone home.. and all of you can just build whateverr military you will need to protect yourselves from those who have a far different world view than you do and when some assclown desides to attack us... wipe them from the face of the fucking earth..... then go back to pondering our navels for another 20 years till someone tries it again.

Then let all the little pissant countries out there go to fucking hell... and try to defend themselves from the usual human nature. Deal with that.

Oh and by the way.. do some further checking... during the Afghanistan war..... Bin Laden was not on the list of people we gave help to.

Have you EVER pondered what your safe little world would be like if we would have just told all of you to go fuck yourselves after WWII???

I dunno you may have decided to conquer the rest of the world and fail like everybody else that has tried?

you can reast on you laurels as much as you like but a good deeds in the past do not excuse you from your lawless behavour in the present.

and further more the supply of natural recources to japan from the united states prior to WW2 were directly responsable for the japanese invading the south pacific etc.

It seems US foreign policy leaves a trail of war in it's wake.

Once again I cannot excuse the japanese for their imperial takover tactics around that time either, but America palms it self off as 'the good force' when in reality it is no better than most, we are all only looking after our own intentions.

Personally I support doing just that........ bring.... everyone home.. and all of you can just build whateverr military you will need to protect yourselves from those who have a far different world view than you do and when some assclown desides to attack us... wipe them from the face of the fucking earth..... then go back to pondering our navels for another 20 years till someone tries it again.

Then let all the little pissant countries out there go to fucking hell... and try to defend themselves from the usual human nature. Deal with that.

Do as you please, they are not attacking new zealand and denmark, they are attacking America and England... do you see the correlation there?

Oh and by the way.. do some further checking... during the Afghanistan war..... Bin Laden was not on the list of people we gave help to.

that depends on who you are inclined to listen to.

So you say OBL's involvement in terrorism towards has nothing to do with america and its proceedings in the middle east?

Are you saying he definately is responsable for the atrocities he is made out to be responsable for?

Can you take the word of the CIA and their croonies or should you look at the facts and see there is no freedom being faught for here,and your country men, are being sent to death; not for the purpose of freedom and democracy, but for profit and economics?

I dunno you may have decided to conquer the rest of the world and fail like everybody else that has tried?

you can reast on you laurels as much as you like but a good deeds in the past do not excuse you from your lawless behavour in the present.

and further more the supply of natural recources to japan from the united states prior to WW2 were directly responsable for the japanese invading the south pacific etc.

Once again I cannot excuse the japanese for their imperial takover tactics around that time either, but America palms it self off as 'the good force' when in reality it is no better than most, we are all only looking after our own intentions.

RIIIIIIGHT..... I guess you slept thru history of the 20th century didnt you.

If we had the will... we certainly have the weaponry.... unlike others we decided not to follow that path. But your hatred just drips from all of your posts about America.
Personally I would love to oblige you.. and let all of you have at it... let the powerfull take over little pissants too afraid to protect themselves..... the world needs a few billion less assholes and I think we just need to let you all get on with it.

RIIIIIIGHT..... I guess you slept thru history of the 20th century didnt you.

If we had the will... we certainly have the weaponry.... unlike others we decided not to follow that path. But your hatred just drips from all of your posts about America.
Personally I would love to oblige you.. and let all of you have at it... let the powerfull take over little pissants too afraid to protect themselves..... the world needs a few billion less assholes and I think we just need to let you all get on with it.

Here's a shocker....I agree with her! 100 percent...if we left them to themselves, miliions of them would be dead! self solving problem!