RALFFERS

I'm becoming an atheist

Perhaps you could have Jakee explain things and edit your posts for you though.

well, I often speak in riddles/obscurity in order to observe various prespectives.

it allows me to know you a lil better in this cyber chaos.

One's excuse for uttering gibberish does not change the fact that it is gibberish.

Your conclusion that you know anything is invalid.

See, and you're not a suicide bomber, right? You don't kill people and start crusades, right?

I realize you're just trying to have fun with this, but at least contribute something productive to the conversation. These little snide remarks don't do anything. No one in here suggested that ALL religious people are evil. Religion is just the root of a large percentage of the world's violence.

Ha! The snide remark did something, because you responded, and I don't think there's anything productive to contribute to such a silly thread, but I'll try...

Many are too short sighted and/or close minded to see that it's also the root of a large percentage of the world's peace.

How was that?
:P
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

--Mmm... I think that people's notions of atheism isn't completely accurate. Just because an atheist does not believe in a deity does not mean that he/she has no metaphysical beliefs...

--For example, your view on the metaphysical workings of the universe are through a theological standpoint. You believe that an omnipotent being is responsible for creation, all that is, and afterlife. I on the other hand hold a more scientific view, seeing the universe as a vast mosaic of energy. In response to maadmax, I guess my spiritual/psychological needs are met through the exploration of quantum mechanics, consciousness, and the relation of the two. And my moral compass is guided by a sort-of karma/energy system belief that I hold.

Your description would apply to the God I know. God is science, God is karma/energy, and most of all God is love. And this God reaches out to us.

See, and you're not a suicide bomber, right? You don't kill people and start crusades, right?

I realize you're just trying to have fun with this, but at least contribute something productive to the conversation. These little snide remarks don't do anything. No one in here suggested that ALL religious people are evil. Religion is just the root of a large percentage of the world's violence.

Ha! The snide remark did something, because you responded, and I don't think there's anything productive to contribute to such a silly thread, but I'll try...

Many are too short sighted and/or close minded to see that it's also the root of a large percentage of the world's peace.

How was that?

An anology:

Two guys are working in a homeless shelter. Both work equally hard and help out.

One guy is doing it because he believes it's the right thing to do and just wants to help others.

The other guy is there only because of a cute chick there he wants to bang.

While the actions may be the same, the motives are not.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

The word projection is thrown around far too often in these forums, but in this case it really fits - the 'complexes' and 'highschool issues' you're complaining about are all your own.

couldn't have been...i wasn't a nerd. I was a dork. (still am) but unlike nerds, we knew how to have fun....nothing against nerds though, I get along with em' just fine, that is until their head explodes.

...and btw, there is nothing wrong with bonfires or women. Getting ready for one ina minute.

but whatever Jakee...you da man.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

One's excuse for uttering gibberish does not change the fact that it is gibberish.

Your conclusion that you know anything is invalid.

It's not the gibberish that's important to me...It's the respones.

:D

[replyI pray God does something remarkable in your life...

would you please consider praying?

Prayer ?
It seems to me that praying is probably the most disrepectful action one could take toward their chosen deity!

After all most believe that their God has a master plan. It's not like he/she is just flying by the seast of his pants or shooting from the hip. No ,the omnicient God has a Divine Plan for the world, the individual, and all of humanity.
And when you pray you are asking him to change that plan.Alter it to be more suitable with your wants.

Now some will say," I pray to "worship"Him".

Does your deity have such a fragile ego that it needs stroking by mere mortals?

Have a nice day,
DJ

well the Bible has the answers to most of the questions asked about it, like praying.

Feel free to read it untill it starts making sense.

well it is nice to have your children show some appreciation/respect for all they did for you...but as we all know children usually have to grow up in order to realize all they've been given...even the discipline.

well it is nice to have your children show some appreciation/respect for all they did for you

So are you projecting your own desire for an ego stroke onto the deity or do you presume to know the wants and desires of God?

Have a nice day,
DJ

well it is nice to have your children show some appreciation/respect for all they did for you

So are you projecting your own desire for an ego stroke onto the deity or do you presume to know the wants and desires of God?

Have a nice day,
DJ

All I want to know is what God has said in his Word...without his word I'd have absolutely nothing to do with Him....So far, from what I read He wants a relationship with us and love Him for who he is not what our egos think he should be.

God often spoke in parables, analogies....whatever...it's all in there. I wish I was as good as Billvon with analogies. perhaps I need to read more....

Just remember that we were created in God's image, so we are very similar to Him...but we just can't deal wiith, nor control our knowledge like He does because we choose to be actively rebellious or apathetic...and want to be our own God in a sense.

"There is only one God...Me" know what I mean?

Pride.

Take care DJ...

peace

How was that?

An anology:

Two guys are working in a homeless shelter. Both work equally hard and help out.

One guy is doing it because he believes it's the right thing to do and just wants to help others.

The other guy is there only because of a cute chick there he wants to bang.

While the actions may be the same, the motives are not.

Well, I know which on I am!:)
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

[reply
Have a nice day,
DJ

Just remember that we were created in God's image, so we are very similar to Him...but we just can't deal wiith, nor control our knowledge like He does because we choose to be actively rebellious or apathetic...and want to be our own God in a sense

What?
We were created "in Gods' image" But????

We were created in Gods' image ,but???????

If, Coreece, we were created in Gods' image .., at what exact point in time were we no longer Gods?

Hey, Coreece, ... It is the Sun God who is the Fun God..,
so all together now..,
"Ra , Ra, Ra"!!!!

Have a great day,
DJ

I just want to say that God is working some serious miracles in my life right now.

Serious miracles? mabe you can send God over to my place. I work with very sick and badly injured children and I can tell you no matter how much they and their families pray, we see no miracles here. The only thing God blesses us here with is protracted suffering and death on a daily basis. It's not easy looking a ten year old quad in the eye and agreeing with them that God will perform a miracle and make them able to walk and return home to their family someday. Nothing like that same child telling you that if they could only walk again, that they would never again complain about doing their chores.

Serious miracles? nice to see you get plural miracles, I would love to see just one of our kids have any type of miracle.

I would also like to know the difference in a "serious" miracle as opposed to a non serious miracle.

[reply
Have a nice day,
DJ

Just remember that we were created in God's image, so we are very similar to Him...but we just can't deal wiith, nor control our knowledge like He does because we choose to be actively rebellious or apathetic...and want to be our own God in a sense

What?
We were created "in Gods' image" But????

We were created in Gods' image ,but???????

If, Coreece, we were created in Gods' image .., at what exact point in time were we no longer Gods?

Hey, Coreece, ... It is the Sun God who is the Fun God..,
so all together now..,
"Ra , Ra, Ra"!!!!

Have a great day,
DJ

Rah Rah Rah, I hang with the worst of the worst.

Just saved somebody's drunk zanex ass junkie life from drowning...what did you do this morning?

if you want to live life and use your profession to find reasons to not deal with yourself...that's your problem....

I deal with myself and am at peace...

I save lives..not complain about them.

maybe you need another profession...obviously it's not working out for you.

Obviously you nrver read the Bible than...or are having "That reading comprehension problem'"

you obviously have no idea what's going on...maybe you should read over some previous threads...

Even Jay has given scripture that contradicts your rant...

Sorry to be so hostile, but I've had a hell of a night/morning...and I just can't take yall's ignorance anymore.

if you want to live life and use your profession to find reasons to not deal with yourself...that's your problem....

I save lives..,not complain aout them.

so just because he doesn't have the same faith as you, he is not dealing with himself properly? and because looking after kids in need hasn't led him to "god" his profession is not working for him? Yea he should quit spending time helping those in need because if it hasn't made him a christian its not worth it.

Its people with self righteous opinions such as yours that give christianity such a bad name.

......... well that and plenty of other things

if these contradictions you speak of were mentioned in this thread, just to save me the hassle of going back through the 23 pages (BTW i have read everyone of them), Would you be kind enough to point them out to me?

P.S it cracks me up that somebody who believes in the talking snake and a guy that lived inside a living whale has the nerve to accuse us of being ignorant.

I save lives..not complain about them.

I deal with my self just fine,I would not change my job or profession for anything. You did do a nice job how ever of skipping the qustion about miracles.

I complained about the kids I work with? That is a very strange take on what I posted.

dont worry bro, i have been an atheist my entire life. i have served in the military, i have done good and i have done bad things . i never needed a book to tell me how things should work. god, karma, all that crap means nothing. all that matters is what you feel is right and wrong. my family is catholic. most of my friends are religious. when the conversation comes up i just choose not to get into it. a book or a god does not make me believe stealing is wrong and helping a lady cross the street is right. that my friend is common sense. in the end we will all be fossil fuel to help power everyone to live and drive their cars. oh and by the way i have no jumps yet and that has no bearing on anything. to each their own.

P.S it cracks me up that somebody who believes in the talking snake and a guy that lived inside a living whale has the nerve to accuse us of being ignorant.

Not to mention a God that commands the wholesale slaughter of innocent children on a regular basis.

Nothing like good old family values.

Not to mention a God that commands the wholesale slaughter of innocent children on a regular basis.

Nothing like good old family values.

And I'm not so sure about a Deity who collects prepubesent boys' foreskins!

What's up with that?

Blue Skies,
DJ