RALFFERS

I'm becoming an atheist

Classic attacking the personality rather than the message, Ron. We've had that discussion before, haven't we? Are you beyond learning that that does not work?

We've not had that discussion as much as you've had that belief. And, besides that you're tardy.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

All I'm saying is that there is nothing, that we know of, that is created from nothing. There is always a force involved. I believe that something super natural created the natural.

What do you think created the supernatural?

I have no idea, and probably never will. That's why I'm agnostic, I simple don't know.

But also, that's why its the super-natural.

well if you're gonna go, just just do it!

spit in my face, then spit in God's face!

Why all this pretense?

Good luck!

Your face?

I don't know whether you guys know each other, but it seems very strange that you're taking his decision so personally...
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Thanks for sharing your testimony.

Revelation 12:11
"And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I'm becoming a big fan of this guy.

well if you're gonna go, just just do it!

spit in my face, then spit in God's face!

Why all this pretense?

Good luck!

Dude, chill I posted that before I saw your reply (not that I wouldn't have posted it anyway), but I'm not here to spit in anyone's face.

You have your life experience, while I have mine; we both have our reasons, they just happen to lead to different conclusions.

I know all there is to know about the bible (I defended the faith against, & debated with the very atheists that I now myself am becoming for 10 years of my life) - the archeological evidence, the prophetic, the scriptural evidence itself, etc, etc...but that's just not enough anymore
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I've always thought that atheists are just as confused as the religious types. Claiming to know without a doubt there is no god makes as much sense as claiming to know without a doubt there is a god.

Which I suppose makes agnostics like I the most confused of all with one key difference. We don't really care either way! :P

No offense to meant to anyone. Diversity is what makes the world interesting.

Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

Your face?

I don't know whether you guys know each other, but it seems very strange that you're taking his decision so personally...

figuratively of course...

I like the guy and what he has posted in these forums...I think he has a good heart.

I don't know why it hurts me.

maybe I am strange.

Didn't you always think of us and the concept of God to be strange?

nothing new here....right?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I've always thought that atheists are just as confused as the religious types. Claiming to know without a doubt there is no god makes as much sense as claiming to know without a doubt there is a god.

Which I suppose makes agnostics like I the most confused of all with one key difference. We don't really care either way! :P

No offense to meant to anyone. Diversity is what makes the world interesting.

according to the bible, your just as guilty as the rest of us - see the fucked up thing about religion is that it's all or nothing. You might as well be an atheist, having the assurance that there is nothing hereafter rather than be agnostic & always wonder the what if.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Consider that though stolen

what do you mean?

Well, actually there was a Santa Claus. It's just that overtime people began to make him what they wanted him to be and not who he actually was...

I like this-I'm stealing it.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

I prefer to think of atheism as generally not thinking about the subject at all.

there was one south park episode where they discussed the bible and it's contents. the summary at the end was basically that the new testament is a set of stories that describe one way that people can act to have a good life and interact well with others. It's not a book filled with stories that should be taken literally an applied to everyday life.

That was about the Book of Mormon, and how Joseph Smith came to 'discover' it.

Dude, chill

you're right, I don't know why I even care so much...I'm sure this sorta thing happens all the time. I guess I'm just too passionate (as with everything) It's never encouraging when one gives up faith...

But atleast you're being honest and not faking it in order to take advantage of the system.

but that's just not enough anymore

I pray God does something remarkable in your life...

would you please consider praying?

Wow! feeling a little threatened. eh!
Maybe a little insecure?

no...just sad and discouraged.

It was a happy day at the beach until now...It's never fun for me when this sort of thing happens.

Definitely watch Letting Go of God, Catholic->nonbeliever and her journey to get there.

For some reason, I find solace in the unknown..."I Will Follow You Into The Dark"
http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=dniVqDTwOds

I was raised a Catholic, but at 8ish decided the fairy tales were just that - tales - and was getting weirded out by people believing in that. My mind relies on logic/science to explain things and this didn't mesh. Had about 2 decades to deal with my 'decision' and still question myself...but always come back to believing in myself before other things that may or may not be out there. I'll be in my own good graces, not a boogey man's that coerces people to do bad shit to each other.

Didn't you always think of us and the concept of God to be strange?

Of course, but I've never once thought or suggested that you believe what you do in order to spite me. Well, just another reason for me to think you're strange, I guess:P

there was one south park episode where they discussed the bible and it's contents. the summary at the end was basically that the new testament is a set of stories that describe one way that people can act to have a good life and interact well with others. It's not a book filled with stories that should be taken literally an applied to everyday life.

That was about the Book of Mormon, and how Joseph Smith came to 'discover' it.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/103969/?autoplay=false
Red Hot Catholic Love
http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Hot_Catholic_Love

http://www.southparkstuff.com/season_6/episode_608/epi608script/

We don't have to believe every word of the Bible. They're just stories to help us to live by. We shouldn't toss away the lessons of the Bible just because some assholes in Italy screwed it up.

The Joseph Smith episode was a different one.
--
Rob

Wait a minute! I thought the Jews killed god a couple thousand years ago...

Surely he's decomposed by now and living in some other form.

Perhaps the elements he returned to the earth were recycled and used to form my body.

Which means I AM god! :P

If we go by homeopathic doctrine does that mean we've all taken the antidote to Jesus?

Some interesting reading, but it still comes down to either BELIEF or LOGIC. The two cannot be debated. It will not work.

If you believe in something, all the logic in the world is not going to convene you otherwise and vise a versa. Logic will not win over the believer. That's why it is called a belief.
Dano

Nothing more spiritual than droping acid and listening to the doors.
Ahhh... memories...

Proverbs 23:33
Your eyes will see strange things,and your heart utter perverse things.

Job 19:17
My breath is strange to my wife,and I am a stench to the children of my own mother.

Isaiah 28:21
For the LORD will rise up as on Mount Perazim; as in the Valley of Gibeon he will be roused;to do his deed—strange is his deed!and to work his work—alien is his work!

1 Peter 4:12
[ Suffering as a Christian ] Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.

Hosea 8:12
Were I to write for him my laws by the ten thousands,they would be regarded as a strange thing.

Acts 17:20
For you bring some strange things to our ears. We wish to know therefore what these things mean."

I know all there is to know about the bible (I defended the faith against, & debated with the very atheists that I now myself am becoming for 10 years of my life) - the archeological evidence, the prophetic, the scriptural evidence itself, etc, etc...but that's just not enough anymore

Welcome to the club. I will have to admit there is so much horse shit in the Christian religion of today that it is difficult to discern what is empowering from that which just ensnares. I also went through a dark passage, which in retrospect was vital to the Truth that I see today. Good luck on your journey.:)