RALFFERS

I'm becoming an atheist

Serious miracles? nice to see you get plural miracles, I would love to see just one of our kids have any type of miracle.

Look in the mirror. You are that miracle for them. Just imagine what their life would be like if you weren't there to share their pain, and show them love and compassion.

Serious miracles? nice to see you get plural miracles, I would love to see just one of our kids have any type of miracle.

Look in the mirror. You are that miracle for them. Just imagine what their life would be like if you weren't there to share their pain, and show them love and compassion.

While jcla's work is indeed highly admirable, you are seriously devaluing the meaning of "miracle".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

While jcla's work is indeed highly admirable, you are seriously devaluing the meaning of "miracle".

Any time love, compassion, kindness manifests itself in the world, I consider that a miracle of the highest order. Remember your origins, at one time you were just a bunch of hydrogen and helium atoms randomly bouncing around in the primordial universe.

Any time love, compassion, kindness manifests itself in the world, I consider that a miracle of the highest order. Remember your origins, at one time you were just a bunch of hydrogen and helium atoms randomly bouncing around in the primordial universe.

You may consider the outcomes of the laws of physics and chemistry to be a miracle. Most people would NOT use that word to describe them.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Any time love, compassion, kindness manifests itself in the world, I consider that a miracle of the highest order.

I love cheetos...I'm going to buy some. It's a miricle.(of the highest order)
It's a matter of perspective. I see working with injured children as something that makes the world better and therefore a worthy endeavor. No god involved. The delusional among us consider it a miricle of the highest order. YMMV.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

See, and you're not a suicide bomber, right? You don't kill people and start crusades, right?

I realize you're just trying to have fun with this, but at least contribute something productive to the conversation. These little snide remarks don't do anything. No one in here suggested that ALL religious people are evil. Religion is just the root of a large percentage of the world's violence.

Ha! The snide remark did something, because you responded, and I don't think there's anything productive to contribute to such a silly thread, but I'll try...

Many are too short sighted and/or close minded to see that it's also the root of a large percentage of the world's peace.

How was that?
:P

An anology:

Two guys are working in a homeless shelter. Both work equally hard and help out.

One guy is doing it because he believes it's the right thing to do and just wants to help others.

The other guy is there only because of a cute chick there he wants to bang.

While the actions may be the same, the motives are not.

Well, I know which on I am!:)

Okay, now replace homeless shelter with a terrorist group.

One guy is doing it because he believes it's the right thing to do and just wants to help others by putting an end to their "infedel" lives.

The other guy is there only because of the virgins he's been promised.

In both cases, you have a believer and a reward influenced person. The latter can be shaped or "bought" to join a variety of groups.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

It's a matter of perspective. I see working with injured children as something that makes the world better and therefore a worthy endeavor. No god involved. The delusional among us consider it a miricle of the highest order. YMMV.

Damn Steve, my hat is off to you. You are one hard hearted scoundrel. Tell me what gives you joy in life. Is there anything you encounter that makes you pause for just a milisecond and say wow that was special? Or are you like the Rolling Stones song that just wants to paint the whole world black?

You may consider the outcomes of the laws of physics and chemistry to be a miracle. Most people would NOT use that word to describe them.

Do you have pier reviewed documented proof for that statements. Or did you just pull it out of some dark forbidding orifice that happened to be handy, albeit a little odoriferous?

Damn Steve, my hat is off to you. You are one hard hearted scoundrel. Tell me what gives you joy in life. Is there anything you encounter that makes you pause for just a milisecond and say wow that was special? Or are you like the Rolling Stones song that just wants to paint the whole world black?

I'm in awe of, and take joy from many things in life. I just don't attribute any of it to some mythological imaginary god.
It's all good enough, without making up BS about where it all comes from.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."