Kennedy

Chicago to Continue Pissing on Residents' Rights

It certainly makes for superior earning potential...

In most cases, maybe. But that all depends on the type of work. I know many people who make +-100k without any college experience.

But yeah, a degree definately helps. Especially if you're in management. I buddy of mine who's a manager could be making 20k more if he had a degree.

One issue at a time so as to nopt confuse those w/o college

Are people without college degrees all stupid?

If you have a college degree, are you superior to those who are without?

No, but I have a far better understanding of the legal ssytem than I did before I sat there for 100's of hours listening to lawyers and other legal professionsl, PhD's, etc. So essentially, I get you guys w/o an education and I understand a lot of what lawyers know, certainly not at that level yet. Put it this way, I've pro per'd my own civil case against law firms and won in arbitration, I've drafted all kinds of motions, sat thru (post) depositions, argued issues at the trial court (usually called the Superior Court). I was a process server for 9 years. I've sat thru months of criminal trials for fun. I'm that legal nerd who never got to law school; IOW's I do it for the love of it - I actually find it interesting to read cases.

To answer your question, laypeople are ignorant; stupidity would have to be measured by a person's inability to learn. Most educated people, educated on the law, will not waste their time with self-riteous laypeople full of vim and vinegar as it's futile trying to teach them about the real application of the law. I can teach someone about civil and to a degree criminal procedure, but not the intangibles of how things work behind the scenes. Just let them look to the stars and be big-eyed dreaming of teh FF's signing the once-relevant US Const.

One issue at a time so as to nopt confuse those w/o college (vo-tech doesn't count).

That's a low blow man [:/]

Not cool, Lucky.

Why? I'm blue-collar. I work with dumbshit mother fuckers all day that couldn't tell me the basic construction of congress, impeachemnt procedure, political history, what a GDP is and the diff between real and nominal GDP, yet these dumb motherfuckers have a definite and hard opinion of the court system and politics.

- Ignorant = not knowing

- Stupid = not sharp

- Stupid and proud = all that rolled into the perspective of actual comprehensive understanding.

I work with mostly the latter, but hey, that's blue-collar for ya.

Ok, so you admit it was irrelevant, having no practical value. Glad you cleared that up for us.

"that" meaning this:

>>> In my view, no judge, liberal or conservative, or anywhere in between, has an "objective" view of the law.

This is so moot it's amazing tha it has to be stated, but ti does as there are lots of starry-eyed kids out there enamoured with this concept of how the law works over the real application.

So yes, it is irrelevant (moot) to discuss the concept that any justice has an objective view of the law. For all the kids out there, by me saying, "moot" I was referring to the fact that the concept of an objective judge doesn't need to be said; it's considered, "judicial notice" that justices have a political agenda.

IOW's, the mootness is found in the concept of even mentioning the objectivity of justices; they aren't.

I guess your strawman is a way of getting out of addressing the real issues; DO YOU THINK WE ALL DON'T SEE THAT?

It appears that those with a degree are certainly blessed with enough smarts to make their lives and the lives of their families more secure.

And have a basic understanding of a variety of things. It's like anything, the less a person has of something, the more they pretend to have. People who actually have capital, human capital, etc generally tend to flaunt it less than those who don't. An example of this is martial artists, true M.A. generally look for ways to calm tensions and they never let on to their abilities. Uneducated people often yell the loudest on issues they know nothing about. I used to sports gamble a lot, I would go $1000 games at times and I would see the yeller's tickets and they would have a 10-team parlay for $5; the dime bettors would often be silent.

It certainly makes for superior earning potential...

In most cases, maybe. But that all depends on the type of work. I know many people who make +-100k without any college experience.

But yeah, a degree definately helps. Especially if you're in management. I buddy of mine who's a manager could be making 20k more if he had a degree.

One of the dumbest people I know is an AC tech, has his own business and grosses 300k/yr. He used to think you could drive to the M.E. He also asked me about a pre-nup agreement for his wife 5 years married with 2 kids before he started his business. I kindly told him there is such thing as a post-nup, but let it go; you bought it, make it work. The guy embodies stupid, of course a Republican, but earns well.

On the average a degreed person will do far better, but there are cases for sure that dispell that. Aside from money, having and understanding of a myriad of things is far more valuable.

I didn't say objective anywhere, Lucky - you done flogging that strawman yet?

That's it? You are runnin dude. All kinds of stuff to address and we're down to 1-liners - we all see it.

You've made HOW many posts defending your use of the word moot, now?

Got a point to make?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

That's it? You are runnin dude. All kinds of stuff to address and we're down to 1-liners - we all see it.

And you're down to 3 consecutives posts defending your use of the word moot.

Got a point to make?

1) ask any lawyer what moot means, they will agree with me.

2) Mr Strawman, the issues are there, quit running, you still chickened out on answering the lawyer who was kind enough to bring you some insight.

3) I didn't defend my usage of the word, "moot" I educated you on it. But I could have used it incorrectly and still the fact that justices are politically agenda-driven remains and you have yet to touch it while everyone looks on, laughing and you running.

Got a point to make?

I've known the meaning of moot since grade school - you're not impressing me.

2) Mr Strawman, the issues are there, quit running, you still chickened out on answering the lawyer who was kind enough to bring you some insight.

So bring em back up - and when you do, you can show where I've made up something you didn't say and argued against it (definition of strawman, btw).

3) I didn't defend my usage of the word, "moot" I educated you on it. But I could have used it incorrectly and still the fact that justices are politically agenda-driven remains and you have yet to touch it while everyone looks on, laughing and you running.

No, you THINK you educated me. The reality is quite different.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

One issue at a time so as to nopt confuse those w/o college (vo-tech doesn't count).

Not cool, Lucky.

Why? I'm blue-collar. I work with dumbshit mother fuckers all day that couldn't tell me the basic construction of congress, impeachemnt procedure, political history, what a GDP is and the diff between real and nominal GDP, yet these dumb motherfuckers have a definite and hard opinion of the court system and politics.

- Ignorant = not knowing

- Stupid = not sharp

- Stupid and proud = all that rolled into the perspective of actual comprehensive understanding.

careful using the word ignorant. It's specifically called out in the "what is a PA" thread. I think it's BS because as you state, it simply means "not knowing". But still... I got called for it.
--
Rob

And have a basic understanding of a variety of things. It's like anything, the less a person has of something, the more they pretend to have. People who actually have capital, human capital, etc generally tend to flaunt it less than those who don't. An example of this is martial artists, true M.A. generally look for ways to calm tensions and they never let on to their abilities. Uneducated people often yell the loudest on issues they know nothing about.

You mean like when you spout off about your immense knowledge of Law? :o

. . =(_8^(1)

And have a basic understanding of a variety of things. It's like anything, the less a person has of something, the more they pretend to have. People who actually have capital, human capital, etc generally tend to flaunt it less than those who don't. An example of this is martial artists, true M.A. generally look for ways to calm tensions and they never let on to their abilities. Uneducated people often yell the loudest on issues they know nothing about.

DUDE..are you sure you are allowed to post here anymore????

16 posts in the last year... you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO out of practice:ph34r:

16 posts in the last year... you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO out of practice:ph34r:

Well hello to you too Amazon, I see you're stirring up the shit in here as usual :)

. . =(_8^(1)

Got a point to make?

I've known the meaning of moot since grade school - you're not impressing me.

Then why ask when I correctly used it? 'It has been decided, no need to discuss further' was the obvious useage; bizzare misdirection from you.

So bring em back up - and when you do, you can show where I've made up something you didn't say and argued against it (definition of strawman, btw).

A strawman is a sub-subject to the main one being brought up, as in you departing from the point of objective justices to that of grammar Nazi. You didn't make anything up, yet another strawman, you just run, run, run. I will enumerate more issues for you run from as I get thru answering this series of replies.

No, you THINK you educated me. The reality is quite different.

Then why ask what the usage was when I obviously meant the context to be that of, 'already discussed and decided - no need to further debate?' Either you didn't know or it was a strawman tactic or both.

Not cool, Lucky.

- Ignorant = not knowing

- Stupid = not sharp

careful using the word ignorant. It's specifically called out in the "what is a PA" thread. I think it's BS because as you state, it simply means "not knowing". But still... I got called for it.

Who did I call ignorant? I just defined it and said I work with people who are ignorant, stupid and proud, I don't think I have coworkers on here. Nice try.

I have a great knowledge of the law, I watch trials all the time, research cases and write docs on occassion. I took a paralegal class a few months ago and teh teacher was a practicing lawyer. We disputed 4 iussues and I was right about 3 of them. He didn't do civil and my knowledge is greater there than crimi, so I had a leg-up.

Compared to most lawyers, I'm a little behind; compared to laypeople, they are lost.

QUIT!!!! You'll motivate him to start posting again. :o

Well hello to you too Amazon, I see you're stirring up the shit in here as usual :)

Hey... gotta stay entertained any way you can.. specially when you are on the injured list and can't jumpB|

Not cool, Lucky.

- Ignorant = not knowing

- Stupid = not sharp

Who did I call ignorant? I just defined it and said I work with people who are ignorant, stupid and proud, I don't think I have coworkers on here. Nice try.

I'm not trying anything. (why so defensive though??) I still think it's BS that that word is specifically called out.
--
Rob

Not cool, Lucky.

- Ignorant = not knowing

- Stupid = not sharp

I'm not trying anything. (why so defensive though??) I still think it's BS that that word is specifically called out.

Because I called my coworkers, ignorant, now you're offended? Oh God, go watch the wheel of fortune or something like that, this is getting old.

My! You're being argumentative tonight!

I'm not offended. You did not offend me (you're not that important in my life).

I disagree with an administrative policy on this forum. You reminded me of it. I posted agreeing with part of your post. Yet you choose to troll me.

Wheel? is that what you watch this late?
--
Rob