maxmadmax

A victum of hot looks or not?

Manager says Citibank fired her for being too hot!!!

NEW YORK – A Manhattan banker is suing Citbank, claiming she was fired because she was too good looking.

According to The Village Voice, Debrahlee Lorenzana was fired from her job as a banker at a Citibank branch. Her bosses allegedly claimed it was due to her job performance.

Lorenzana didn't buy it. She claims she was fired over her figure. Lorenzana tells the Voice that her bosses told her they couldn't concentrate on work because she was too distracting. She says she was ordered to stop wearing turtlenecks, pencil skirts, three-inch heels or fitted business suits.

The 33-year-old single mother indicates it wasn't so much her wardrobe that bothered her male co-workers as it was her shapely figure. She says some of her female colleagues wore clothing that was much more revealing.

Because Citibank allegedly made Lorenzana sign an arbitration clause as part of her employment, the lawsuit will be heard by an arbitrator, not a judge or jury.

Citibank did not comment to the Voice about the lawsuit.

Pics Here

Don't go away mad....just go away!

Given that she apparently had some glamor shots ready to go, it's not impossible that this is an opportunity for some excellent free publicity. We'll see if this is followed by paid appearances on talk shows, reality TV shows and infomercials.

Given that she apparently had some glamor shots ready to go, it's not impossible that this is an opportunity for some excellent free publicity. We'll see if this is followed by paid appearances on talk shows, reality TV shows and infomercials.

Playboy might make an offer too.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Playboy might make an offer too.

Short term gig at the Spank Bank! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Jun 2, 2010 ... In preparation for the lawsuit, lawyer Jack Tuckner had a professional photographer shoot her in various work outfits in his office near ...

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

She's pretty. So what?

Citibank claim - Fired for job performance
Her claim - Fired because she's distracting.

If she is correct, her only real hope (with a reasonable jury that isn't swayed by emotion and no facts.... :S:S) is that she kept a private running log/diary of any comments or harassment. Which I recommend to anyone I know that's having a hard time at work.

As in most cases, I suspect there is an element of truth to both claims. But poor performance is likely the only real reason. There is so much regulation and paranoia about hiring and firing, most managers just can't do it unless there's an overriding and real reason.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The claim is really just an indication of her apparent attitute, which my guess would be pretty shitty and full of herself. The old saying i've heard from HR people " I can train someone to do a job, but i can't train them not to be an asshole" sounds like it would apply here. She's probably used to the world kissing her ass and didn't get her way there. Nice looking..yes, but not as hot as she thinks. By the way that photog calls himself a professional? That is some pretty shitty photography work.

Hell, if I was employed at an office that was full of women looking like that, I'd never get any work done. :S:D

And then you should get fired. Not her.

This being said, this has "celebrity wannabe" written all over it.
Remster

. . . with a reasonable jury that isn't swayed by emotion and no facts.... :S:S)

Arbitration contract - no jury.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Because Citibank allegedly made Lorenzana sign an arbitration clause as part of her employment, the lawsuit will be heard by an arbitrator, not a judge or jury.

I can't believe that would be binding. If it is, it beautifully exemplay of the kind of toilet our labor laws are.

Contracts mean little, a DZ assumption of liability means little. It's a nice thing for a lawyer to go to court with, it shows the plaintiff (estate or otherwise) was aware of dangers and decided to go anyway, but the fact is that YOU CANNOT SIGN AWAY YOUR RIGHT TO SUE. Of course per the article she didn't sign away, but she did limit her avenues. I just cannot believe that would be a sustainable contract, esp considering it was a 1-sided deal and that employees usually would not want to enter into that kind of agreeement. It's kinda like promising your first born for whatever furure consideration that you desperately need; it's a unilatteral contract, essentially a coerced agreement.

Look at all the prenupts that are overthrown, a contract really means little, other than a specific performance type of contract like a purchase for something. Who knows, maybe NY is that fucked up.

As for the issues, it's buffoonery to guess who's right, THAT'S WHAT A TRIAL IS FOR. Furthermore, is it binding arbitration or not? In Nazizona, civil suits up to 50K are deemed compulsory arb cases anyway, but either party can appeal from the arbiter's decision w/o cause and it's automatic. So it may be one of those and it may goto court upon appeal.

Finally, if it is binding arb, somethimes these kinds of cases can fuck a defendant, altho they are seemingly more advantageous for them. Generally discovey is prohibited or limited in arb, that's what arb is for, to see what would likely happen if the case went to court. Admissions are usually wide open, so surprise witnesses can appear, depending upon NY rules of procedure.

>I can't believe that would be binding. If it is, it beautifully exemplay
>of the kind of toilet our labor laws are.

Do you think DZ liability waivers should be binding? Or should students be able to successfully sue whenever they get hurt for any reason?

She's pretty. So what?

Citibank claim - Fired for job performance
Her claim - Fired because she's distracting.

If she is correct, her only real hope (with a reasonable jury that isn't swayed by emotion and no facts.... :S:S) is that she kept a private running log/diary of any comments or harassment [emphasis PLFXpert]. Which I recommend to anyone I know that's having a hard time at work.

As in most cases, I suspect there is an element of truth to both claims. But poor performance is likely the only real reason. There is so much regulation and paranoia about hiring and firing, most managers just can't do it unless there's an overriding and real reason.

+1
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

>I can't believe that would be binding. If it is, it beautifully exemplay
>of the kind of toilet our labor laws are.

Do you think DZ liability waivers should be binding? Or should students be able to successfully sue whenever they get hurt for any reason?

Waivers = assumption of risk.

A student is assuming risk with the perception that the DZ:

- Maintains the gear

- Ensures instructors are certified and sober

- Ensures the pilots are legal and trained - sober too

- Has a general attitude of responsibility

If those are met, the assumption of risk should stand, if any are breached, the assumption dies. You need to be able to bring the action before a court to discover evidence. You should always have the right to sue.

I can't believe that would be binding.

Why not-she signed it? Is it ever OK for someone to take responsibility or do you think that running to mommy is always the answer?

If we were side by side I doubt I would be the one running for mommy. Better get you mani updated.

You know zip about contract law, in fact, you don't know the diff between contract law and tort law or that there is a diff and what it is.

If she signed it and it was later discovered the DZO and TM's were smnoking dope between jumps, what of it? It should still stand? It takes a court action to compell people to disclose and to perform discovery.