dreamdancer

Israeli troops attack ship carrying aid to Gaza killing 16

Comiong from someone that has said they would like to see Tel Aviv nuked, no surprise you'd make such a worthless and rude comment. It must be frustrating to not have the facts on your side.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Ok. I watched the video someone posted. Obviously the soldier were met with hostility. I didn't see anyone tossed onto a deck 30 feet below. It looked like they sent him over into the emergency boat. Not sure from the angle if I can say that with certainty. And that doesn't make it a lot better, he still got tossed over the side. Why was the video clipped? That can't possibly be all of the video.

sundevil, was the boat in international waters? Do we know if there were weapons on the boat? Is this a legal act? I've seen people comment on both sides of all these issues, and I can guess where you'll come out. But I'm still curious.

What is the status of the boat now? What is the status of the wounded?

Say what you mean. Do what you say.

http://honestreporting.com/articles/45884734/critiques/new/Special_Alert_Flotilla_Battle_Unleashes_Anti-Israel_Wave.asp

A lot of information here that isn't widely reported elsewhere. A lot of history of misreporting palestinian advocates.

If you want to attack the source, do it by showing what they report to not be true.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

like lambs to the slaughter

and the 6 wounded (2 criticically) soldirer were hurt by the breeze, right?

While it is an unfortunate outcome that shouldn't have happened, this is exactly what the organizers have hoped for.
if all they wanted was helping Gaza, they would have accepted the offer to transer the supplies peacefully like is being done daily through Israel and/or Egypt.
still, Israel shouldn't have been dragged into this provocation

From DD's own citation:

It came under almost immediate monitoring from Israeli drones and the navy, with two vessels flanking it in international waters. The flotilla, which had been warned that it would not be allowed to reach Gaza, attempted to slow and change course, hoping to prevent a confrontation until daylight, when the Israeli military action could be better filmed.

It's interesting, the replies here are from the usual suspects - both for and against .

But I have to wonder how would they have posted if, say Iran or North Korea had pulled a similar 'stunt' as the Israeli Military?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

when the soldiers did board they were quite clearly attacked and well if you attack a soldier who is fully armed then you have to accept the consequences

if pirates attacked my ship i'd fight back :)
(wouldn't you)

Pirates? Even you can't buy into that.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

irst of all, don't get me wrong, I am not happy with this incident. as much as these were not "non-violent peaceful activists".

fair question, and I'm not sure I can give you a good answer without considering the whole context and not just the actual takeover.

in the same scenario of a political group with a clear agenda other than humanitarian aid provoking and ignoring multiple warnings a takeover is imminent.

Do you think an Iranian commando unit would have used paintball guns and resort to live ammo only after being lynched?
judging from the way they shot their own civilians a few months ago, I doubt it...
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

Cheers Ori .. I know that it wasn't a completely black & white comparison that I was making ... but there are a lot of people on here that seem to only see things in black and white ... Often, alies can do no wrong, it would seem and I'd hold that that is not a healthy line to hold to tightly.

We should question everything ... I guess is the message that I'd like to get across (note to self ... take note of what you have just written:o).

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

It's interesting, the replies here are from the usual suspects - both for and against .

But I have to wonder how would they have posted if, say Iran or North Korea had pulled a similar 'stunt' as the Israeli Military?

How was it a "stunt"?

No need for analogies, why not just discuss this incident.

well judging from the outcome which is Israel is being displayed as the bad guy (again) while people ignore some basic facts that change the "innocent, peaceful civilians" story, Israel did wrong.

They set up a media trap and Israel walked right into it.
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

Do you think an Iranian commando unit would have used paintball guns and resort to live ammo only after being lynched?
judging from the way they shot their own civilians a few months ago, I doubt it...

well while it is a idf released and edited video, you can see a paintball gun being used right at the end of it

also all the videos form both sides are heavily heavily edited

two irish politicians were denied boarding onto this ship in cyprus

one is a td(congressman basically) and the other a senator, it would be interesting to find out why they were refused boarding onto the ship and by who

well judging from the outcome which is Israel is being displayed as the bad guy (again) while people ignore some basic facts that change the "innocent, peaceful civilians" story, Israel did wrong.

They set up a media trap and Israel walked right into it.

Which begs the question, how come Israel keeps doing that? Surely they have better sense on PR? If you believe people here, the Jews run Hollywood! Yet it's the Palestinians that keep setting up these traps, doing fake burials, and lots of other crap that the pacifists buy into.

I see this sort of event as the inevitable result of running an long term blockade and the other side determined to run it. The prevention comes with the removal of the blockage (AND the need for it).

Given the outcome, I wonder if the decision to raid at night was the wrong one. It made it harder to film the ship combatants.

I note a few things about the stories around this matter. Mostly, I notice that Hamas and Al Jazera are experts at manipulating certain parts of the US population. That manipulation usually involves lies and a complete failure by Americans to understand the Middle East.

I also note that someone failed to heed one of my favorite maxims: Never take a knife to a gunfight.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

like lambs to the slaughter...

While I was researching this topic, the story came on the evening news.

I just watched several of your 'lambs' gathered around an Israeli soldier who was prostrate on the deck. Those 'lambs' were holding pipes in an overhead, two handed grip and beating the soldier viciously. They then threw him over the railing.

The bulk of the video showed that the 'lambs' were attacking the soldiers who had boarded five ships without incident already. The report said some of the soldiers were carrying paintball guns to prevent deadly incidents. The report showed the Israelis sending out the radio message informing the boats that they were in a disputed area and would be boarded.

None of us was there, but the video evidence I just saw indicates these 'lambs' incited violence and then pretended they were innocent.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I just saw indicates these 'lambs' incited violence and then pretended they were innocent.

And the same idiots fall for the same misinformation that they always do. In this case, Israel did nothing wrong-other than trying to minimize injuries aboard the ship with the paintball-should have went in hot.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

> They were illegally boarded by armed men in the middle of the night. I don't know about you but violence seems like a pretty reasonable response.

Illegally boarded??? Israeli made it very clear that the area they were sailing into was under Naval Blockade and they should allow boarding so the ship could be searched for weapons.

It is also a known fact all other vessels were boarded and searched without confrontation. Israeli troops were well within their rights to defend themselves and if required use deadly force to secure their safety.

These activist were looking for a fight and appears they got one.

pirates are pirates :)
(meanwhile the third intifada is brewing - and who will the us public side with this time)

I'll side with Israel

As long as the Palistinians maintain a State of War with Israel, refuse to stop their attacks and negotiate a lasting peace and dontinue to aim and fire their daily quota of rockets FROM GAZA into civilian communities in ISRAEL.. and attacking Israel with bogus propaganda and spewing the HATE to their children daily.. I will definitely side with the country that is trying to prevent further bloodshed.

That country is Israel... to the utter dismay of the jew hating numbnutz who want to try yet again to spin this as some glorius operation against the IDF:S:S:S

Why are you even attempting to try to explain how Israelis actions were criminal to people who excuse all reason, logic, international law, humanitarian law, and the UN whenever it is convenient ?

Israel did not even allow cloths to be sent until recently. Is there any more indication that they view the Palestinians as less then humane? Why should they mind they get the food and water that is provided by there enemy. they should be happy and the world should just take Israelis word for it. :S

I mean you guys defending Israeli on this one do you even take your self seriously r or you just playing to protect your side? seriously when did Israeli become judge jury and executioner?(oh wait it has been ding that for 60 years)

Does Israel have to obied by any laws ?

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Why are you even attempting to try to explain how Israelis actions were criminal to people who excuse all reason, logic, international law, humanitarian law, and the UN whenever it is convenient ?

Israel did not even allow cloths to be sent until recently. Is there any more indication that they view the Palestinians as less then humane? Why should they mind they get the food and water that is provided by there enemy. they should be happy and the world should just take Israelis word for it. :S

I mean you guys defending Israeli on this one do you even take your self seriously r or you just playing to protect your side? seriously when did Israeli become judge jury and executioner?(oh wait it has been ding that for 60 years)

No cloths? Please provide evidence.

How do you explain this assertion of no food or water available to them, when the Egyptians share a border - can't they get it through that border? Stuff passes through the border with Israel on a regular basis, but they don't allow food, water, and cloths?

Darius, I know you are an intelligent human being but answer this:

Does Israel have a right to exist????

Are Hamas and the Palestinians at war with Israel?

I bet that is the last time Israel tries the less lethal option when dealing with "peace activists".
It's a shame that this floatilla had less than peaceful intentions.
Those who are yelling the word pirate, that is morale relativism that the left loves to use. It's big on slogans, small on facts.
The IDF could have wasted all these folks from the beginning, they chose the PC route and they get burned from the media which started PC in the first place.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"