dreamdancer

Blacks Will Never Gain Wealth Equality With Whites Under the Current System

you can get to the moon but...

The gap between Black and white household [accumulated] wealth quadrupled from 1984 to 2007, totally discrediting the conventional wisdom that the U.S. is slowly and fitfully moving towards racial equality, or some rough economic parity between the races. Like most American myths, it’s the direct opposite of the truth.

The gap between Black and white households ballooned during the 23-year study period, as white families went from a median of about $22,000 in wealth to $100,000 – a gain of $78,000. In the same period, Black household wealth inched up from a base of $2,000 per family to only $5,000. The sweat and toil of an entire generation had netted Black families only $3,000 additional dollars, while white families emerged from the period with a net worth of 100 grand that can be used to send a couple of kids to college, make investments, help out other family members, or contribute to the larger (white) community. The typical Black family has no such options. [The study did not take property ownership into account. If property were included, the disparity would be larger.]

Viewed another way, the median white family was 11 times richer than the median Black family in 1984 ($2,000 vs. $22,000). By 2007, the white household had become 20 times richer than its Black counterpart ($5,000 vs. $100,000).

Any way one measures it, the numbers show African Americans are tumbling out of the nation’s economic orbit, wealth-wise, on a trajectory that can never achieve parity with whites. I repeat: never.

http://www.alternet.org/story/146966/massive_race_divide%3A_blacks_will_never_gain_wealth_equality_with_whites_under_the_current_system/
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

I still cant get my head around how you lot can call negros 'blacks' and think it s acceptable. Brainwashing over generations I suppose?

Quite shallow indeed, even if negros themselves refer to each other as that.

Skin colour does not necessarily determine ethnicity.

Is an albino african still a black?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I still cant get my head around how you lot can call negros 'blacks' and think it s acceptable. Brainwashing over generations I suppose?

do you get offended on other peoples behalf often?

do you get offended if someone calls you white?

why would htey get offended by being called black?

i would never call a black person a negro id say black or african american if they happened to be american if they then tell me that they dont like that id apologise and call them whatever they want

I imagine some of the words you use in your part of the world are different from the words we use here.

I have several black friends. None of them appreciate being called negro. None of them have a problem with being called black.

Did ya want to comment on the subject matter?

Say what you mean. Do what you say.

at the present time in the us 'black' is the politically correct word :)
(did you know that the current us president is white?)

I imagine some of the words you use in your part of the world are different from the words we use here.

Probably, but you have slavery in your regon too and woman are openly opressed. And the prophet that is worshipped, married a child less than 10years old.:S

The title of this thread is far from what would be acceptable in my country, but hey, thats just my little country.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

at the present time in the us 'black' is the politically correct word Smile

(did you know that the current us president is white?)

:D:D:D

sorry but that is seriously fucked up!

Probably, but you have slavery in your regon too and woman are openly opressed. And the prophet that is worshipped, married a child less than 10years old.:S

The title of this thread is far from what would be acceptable in my country, but hey, thats just my little country.

there is nothing unacceptable about calling black people black, at all.

there is nothing unacceptable about calling black people black, at all.

It is ambiguous, which is unacceptable.

"Little Black Sambo" was, in fact, Burmese. Asian, not African.

The negative connotations that arise with each successive renaming are not the result of the moniker. "A rose by any other name..." and all that.

So fucking what?

Maybe if a few of those would get off their ass, put forth the effort / hard work to become successful instead of selling crack and sucking of the govt welfare tit, then perhaps, just maybe, we wouldn't have "households" that your bullshit study is counting consisting of unwed/divorced single females w/multiple kids that they can't afford but keep producing (likely because a bunch of liberal fucking twatmuppets believe that society owes them a 'middle class' standard of living regardless of the benefit they are to the society we live in...). Maybe your study is more of a reflection of the 'black' family values, of which would apparently consist of uncontrolled reproduction without bearing any of the responsibility of such. Your quoted study is essentially stating that the 'black' family unit is comparable to the 'white' family unit. I call bull-shit!

I ask you... why is it that we, as a society, need a license to catch a fish, drive a car, fly a plane, or just about anything else but if someone can figure out how to drop their knickers than they are somehow qualified to be a parent? Would you support mandatory birthcontrol for everyone with their hand out for govt assistance? Would you support a program whereby anyone on the govt tit is relocated to an institution where they and their kids are properly fed, housed, educated, and given the skills they need to actually get a fucking job (versus the alternative of what we have now)? When did 'the right to reproduce' include/supercede the rights of the community to NOT have to pay for their fucking kids?

If something I've said offends you, then too fucking bad. I've read the Constitution, and nowhere does it mention that someone has the right to NOT be offended. :)

Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

It is ambiguous, which is unacceptable.

"Little Black Sambo" was, in fact, Burmese. Asian, not African.

The negative connotations that arise with each successive renaming are not the result of the moniker. "A rose by any other name..." and all that.

It is not considered ambiuous in the US. Someone described as 'Black' is understood to be of African descent. It's even on many official forms in that manner. I'm sure it is different where you are.

I saw a survey done several years ago that showed most black people in the US preferred to be called black with some claiming African American and even a fair percentage who clung to Negro. I always figured those last were old timers who understood the meaning of the term and were comfortable that it was not a slur. No way to know.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

To the original post: that is very interesting and disturbing. But I can't imagine it means much without much more information. It's the kind of thing that can be taken tremendously out of context, but should surely spawn more questions that could lead to useful insights.

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

As other posters have stated in similar threads;
The term is "equal opportunity", not "equal outcome".
The moon won't come to you. You need to go get it.

While I agree with that sentiment, there is also the question of whether our laws are encouraging this problem. There are some very good and common sense arguments that our social programs encourage a permanent lower class with a racial bias to it. Some would argue that this is an indicator of that.

Bravo! Someone has a brain,but i call BS on the "stats" that wonderboy has provided.....I see its the same bs liberal crap in here....havent missed a thing.All you ignorant liberal's can go back to your regular ignorance!:)

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Of course they won't get ahead! The welfare state os not designed to pick people up. Rather it is designed to keep people down.

I thank you for showing us how the soft bigotry of the system that says, "we're here to help you" when the entire thought behind it is that "they" are inferior and need help from "us."

This is where the left is like Google to the right's Microsoft. Microsoft's business model is the "fuck you" model of business - it made no bones about what it was doing and how. ("Fuck you" was actually right there in Microsoft's bylaws - section 12). Google, on the other hand, is so subtle. They paint themselves as such good folks, a wonderful and responsible company. And it's just as much of a macrophage as Microsoft ever was.

so, left wing bigots, you've accomplished your task of keeping the black man down and making them think you are the friends.

Anybody who continues to support the programs that have kept this going after 50 years demonstrate a preference for this racist result.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Of course they won't get ahead! The welfare state os not designed to pick people up. Rather it is designed to keep people down.

whites have the most welfare - but they are the richest. why is that?

>I still cant get my head around how you lot can call negros 'blacks' and
>think it s acceptable.

Because more blacks are offended by being called negro than by being called black. And because "negro" means "black" anyway.

>Skin colour does not necessarily determine ethnicity.

Then why would you call them negros?

(1) Because there are far more whites than blacks.
(2) Because the differences between the haves and have nots in the white population is greater that in the black population.

You've heard of white trash. If you haven't ask Jeanne. These are the ones who live off of disability and food stamps, pumping out kids, drinking beer and smoking meth and blaming blacks, Mexicans and other mud people for their lack of station.

Compare to the black trash, who live off of disability and food stamps, pumping out kids, drinking beer and doing drugs and blaming whitey for their lack of station.

There is sadly a significant part of the black culture where education is selling out. The black "haves" are far fewer than the white haves. The black "have nots" are far fewer in number than the white "have nots." The ratio of haves/have nots is greater among whites than blacks.

It's that simple. The mere fact that there are more whites on welfare belies both your and my points.

This isn't a racial thing. This is a "maintain an underclass so we can make them think we're helping them."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

(1) Because there are far more whites than blacks.

but individually, whites receive far more in welfare - why aren't whites kept down like you say?

(you do understand median don't you)