turtlespeed

Pellosi: Why Work - Everyone else will pay for it for you . . .

The Medicaid expansion does that, does it not?

The new law opens up Medicaid setting the limit at people who make less than 133 percent of the federal poverty level. Currently, that means a single person who makes $14,404 or less.

To me the biggest issue isn't providing healthcare to people near the poverty level and specifically not the small fraction of those that might justifiably be called starving artists. It would be justifiable in my mind to cover those people just for public health reasons. The last thing any major city needs is an outbreak of some communicable yet preventable disease.

If a person worked full time in California at a minimum wage job, they're already well over the limit to be covered by this. Trust me, it's pretty freaking difficult to get by on a full time minimum wage gig and you still wouldn't be covered for "free."
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The healthcare bill doesn't provide for free healthcare. It provides mandates the ability to purchase it at competitive rates.

While I'll be the first to admit insurance companies are greedy, the mish mosh of complicated and sometimes conflicting regulations that vary by locality is probably the biggest barrier to standardization and efficiency which could allow lower prices.

This, tort reform, EMTLA reform, turning ERs back into actual Emergency Rooms and many other things desperately needed to help cut costs are not the main focus of HC bill. They're too busy mandating what has to be done, but not providing assistance in the how.

Same sort of attitudes as the mortgage regulations and requirements. :S
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

She belongs in the movie Forest Gump!

So you're saying she's a fine actress, deserving of a role in an Oscar-winning movie?

Wendy P.

Yes! Absolutely - because no one can actually BELIEVE everything she says - Not even her!

No -one is quite that far gone, mentally, and still not in some type of urgent care facility.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Like I said, a person has to work a certain number of days to qualify. It's typical. Ya have to understand where if they didn't do that a guy might get in the union, never work another day yet still be carried by the group insurance. It's understandable; ya gotta draw a line somewhere.

Where I draw the line is when people say other people have said something and they haven't. I personally call that lying.

I'd be interested to see if Turtlespeed can find where Pellosi actually says somebody is going to PAY for somebody else's healthcare if they quit their jobs.

The healthcare bill doesn't provide for free healthcare. It provides the ability to purchase it at competitive rates.

Do you remember the whole talk we had a few threads back regarding subtext?:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Your thread topic line isn't "subtext."

It might be misleading, an intentional misquote or an outright lie, but it's not subtext.
quade -

Your thread topic line isn't "subtext."

It might be misleading, an intentional misquote or an outright lie, but it's not subtext.

You posted "I'd be interested to see if Turtlespeed can find where Pellosi actually says somebody is going to PAY for somebody else's healthcare if they quit their jobs. "

I just did what you like to do, I answered your question with a question.

And yet another insult - do you have a 'Do as I say and not as I do' club going?

No, the Republican senators, congressmen and governors have made it exclusive. They have a club room somewhere on the Appalachian Trail.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

And yet another insult - do you have a 'Do as I say and not as I do' club going?

No, the Republican senators, congressmen and governors have made it exclusive. They have a club room somewhere on the Appalachian Trail.

Lame.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Lame.

Even a lame person can hike the trail the way Sanford does it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Even a lame person can hike the trail the way Sanford does it.

Well, sure - it's easy once Gore put in 2200 miles of arc lights and Clinton put hookers under all of them.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Clinton put hookers under all of them.

God, I love that man.

Because you like hookers?

Clinton put hookers under all of them.

God, I love that man.

Because you like hookers?

Well of course; but that's beside the point. It's because he's got style.

Smoking vaginally moistened cigars is not style.

>Smoking vaginally moistened cigars is not style.

It's definitely a style all its own. I mean, heck, you've remembered it for over a decade.

I remember Billy Beer too.

So what is your point?

Move along, nothing to see here execpt another fine example of right wingnut nitwittery.

Nitwits, and the fuckers VOTE as instructed by their corporate leaders. Tea Partiers = corporate stooges. NONE of the "tea party" bullshit is grassroots. They are all AstroTurf.

No wonder the country is headed off a cliff.

There are two possibilities as to how you and others have created this completely false idea that Tea Parties are merely a large group of paid-off political pawns -

1: You are blindly accepting what a bunch of decidedly liberal columnists and news anchors have perpetuated,

or

2: You know that it's false, and you are therefore lying.

So it's really a question of ignorance or impropriety. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are simply misinformed - but ignorance really isn't something to be proud of, nonetheless.

Before you attempt to convince me that the Tea Parties are a hoax, let me ask you: Have you ever actually been to a Tea Party? I have, and everyone I know that attended the Tea Party is a genuine person who showed up simply because they believed in a cause. None of them received any money for their attendance.

Move along, nothing to see here execpt another fine example of right wingnut nitwittery.

Nitwits, and the fuckers VOTE as instructed by their corporate leaders. Tea Partiers = corporate stooges. NONE of the "tea party" bullshit is grassroots. They are all AstroTurf.

No wonder the country is headed off a cliff.

There are two possibilities as to how you and others have created this completely false idea that Tea Parties are merely a large group of paid-off political pawns -

1: You are blindly accepting what a bunch of decidedly liberal columnists and news anchors have perpetuated,

or

2: You know that it's false, and you are therefore lying.

So it's really a question of ignorance or impropriety. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are simply misinformed - but ignorance really isn't something to be proud of, nonetheless.

Before you attempt to convince me that the Tea Parties are a hoax, let me ask you: Have you ever actually been to a Tea Party? I have, and everyone I know that attended the Tea Party is a genuine person who showed up simply because they believed in a cause. None of them received any money for their attendance.

The nitwits that are tea party followers are pathetic. They read the bullshit on websites bought and paid for with corporate dollars and swallow it, hook, line, and sinker.

Rachel Maddow has done an excellent job of researching and exposing the OWNERSHIP of the main websites and the company that sets them up. They are totally astroturf, as in FAKE grassroots websites. The scumbag that takes the corporate money and cranks up the astroturf websites has appeared on her show.

Your lack of curiousity and inability to do any research of your own does not make your opinion correct.

I went to a local tea party event. What I saw there was a pack of racist white people who had lots of hateful things to say about the current POTUS. I heard a lot of verbal vomit that was repetition of right wing horseshit. I did not see concerned citizens with respect for our government and the constitution. I saw a scared group of easily led white folks that hate the fact that there is a person of color as president. The idea of overthrowing the government was quite popular. The methods discussed had nothing to do with winning elections. The methods were superior arms and intimidating those rotten "liberals".

Maybe the quality of people at these events has improved. As the tea party has gotten credit for Rand Paul's primary win, the odds are against it.

The nitwits that are tea party followers are pathetic. They read the bullshit on websites bought and paid for with corporate dollars and swallow it, hook, line, and sinker.

Rachel Maddow has done an excellent job of researching

She is an excellent source of unbiased opinions. (/sarcasm)

While she may be biased, her research is excellent. Try to disprove it.
quade -

While she may be biased, her research is excellent. Try to disprove it.

You have been asked to do the same with Beck's work

You first
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Dude, the vast majority Beck's work doesn't hold up against a 5th grade civics textbook. The man simply doesn't know what he's talking about. Pick any show of his you can find and it's filled with errors and falsehoods.

Compare that to what Maddow did by having the guy that manufactured Tea Party astro turf web sites on. How the hell can you refute that? The guy admitted it.
quade -

Dude, the vast majority Beck's work doesn't hold up against a 5th grade civics textbook. The man simply doesn't know what he's talking about. Pick any show of his you can find and it's filled with errors and falsehoods.

Compare that to what Maddow did by having the guy that manufactured Tea Party astro turf web sites on. How the hell can you refute that? The guy admitted it.

So YOU will not do it but you expect others to do it

Surprising[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

So YOU will not do it but you expect others to do it

Surprising[:/]

Fine. Pick the best example of Beck you can find on YouTube. I'll be happy to tear it apart for you.

One condition, you have to do the same for a segment I pick from Maddow.

Rules: ALL assertions made by either of us must be supported by FACTS.
quade -

Beck has admitted he is wrong when he is wrong. He asks people to look at his work and show him where he is wrong if he is. Hasn’t happened often but when it does he points out his mistakes

Now you got someone who does her research. Someone with whom you have like political ideology and when someone questions her you puff up like a horny tom turkey and say prove her wrong.

Same was asked of you for the EXACT SAME REASONS!!!

But YOU don’t see the need to do it!

But being the good liberal that you are that hypocritical positioning is meaningless.

As VISA adversities, Priceless

I didnt make the statments here

You did
Abraham Lincoln